Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

[Draft] Unit Comparison Table

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Jan 20, 2016, 1:07:36 PM
Better slightly late than never! :P

Thanks, seeing how the wiki is not updated, this resource will prove quite useful.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 17, 2016, 1:28:05 AM
Pretty good advice lilyophelia, I'll look into putting that together.

The units that can't use all of the gear usually make up for it by having a higher weighted stat total than those units that can use them all.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 17, 2016, 5:25:47 PM
Thanks for putting this together, Avilyss.

I used to have a big excel spreadsheet with it all, but lost it with my HD crash, and haven't finished putting it back together yet. If I sent you a spreadsheet with the completely stripped down values (taken straight from the xml files), would you be able to easily incorporate these here?

In addition to Lolyophelia's suggestion, I think the selection of weapons might be interesting to note on the table, as sometimes players might just be looking for a unit with access to a specific -slayer trait to counter an enemy.

I don't quite agree that Mysts are fragile, at least not as far as flyers are concerned. They might not have the most HP of all flyers, but they have a base defense stat that beats most flyers and many infantry units, and unlike most flyers, they can equip Swords, which give a small bonus to Defense as well. They're not tough, but they're not necessarily glass cannons, either.

Also, to answer Natev's question: The xml files list the level bonus as 20% of the base stats (i.e. before any weapons, armor, or trinkets), though only 10% for heroes for some reason.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 17, 2016, 5:43:12 PM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:

I don't quite agree that Mysts are fragile, at least not as far as flyers are concerned. They might not have the most HP of all flyers, but they have a base defense stat that beats most flyers and many infantry units, and unlike most flyers, they can equip Swords, which give a small bonus to Defense as well. They're not tough, but they're not necessarily glass cannons, either.

Mysts can only equip spears and claws though, not swords.

But I do agree that they are great units, esp since they are very cheap.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 17, 2016, 6:00:08 PM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:
Thanks for putting this together, Avilyss.

I used to have a big excel spreadsheet with it all, but lost it with my HD crash, and haven't finished putting it back together yet. If I sent you a spreadsheet with the completely stripped down values (taken straight from the xml files), would you be able to easily incorporate these here?

In addition to Lolyophelia's suggestion, I think the selection of weapons might be interesting to note on the table, as sometimes players might just be looking for a unit with access to a specific -slayer trait to counter an enemy.

Also, to answer Natev's question: The xml files list the level bonus as 20% of the base stats (i.e. before any weapons, armor, or trinkets), though only 10% for heroes for some reason.

Sure! If you want to send the raw data over, I'll get working on transcribing it over, thanks!
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 17, 2016, 6:08:40 PM
Yeah, my mistake. Confused their loadout with the Assassins. Spears still give between +4 and +8 Defense (not taking into account material), if I recall correctly. Not as good as getting a shield, but still a small buff.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 17, 2016, 6:43:04 PM
Regarding the weapons each units can use -

Factional -

WW

Dekari Ranger - Bow / Crossbow / Shield

Agache Shaman - Wand (Unsteady - reduces attack) / Staff (Slow Down)

Tenei Walker - 2H (two handed) Axe / Claws

BL

Stalwart - Sword / 2H Sword / Shield

Ryder - Hammer / Spear

Dust Bishop - Wand / Scepter (Exhaustion - reduces defense)

Vaulters

Marine - Bow / Crossbow / Shield

Dawn Officer - Axe / Shield / 2H Axe

Titan - Claws / Sword / Shield

Necrophages

Forager - Claws / Axe / Shield

Necrodrone - Claws

Proliferator - Claws / Wand

AM

Telsem Warlock - Claws / Spear

Ateshi Zealot - Wand / Staff

Enequa Wing - Claws

RC

Dervish - Hammer / Shield / Spear

Kassai - Bow / Crossbow / Shield

Yirmak - Claws / Spear

Drakken

Drakkenling - Sword / Shield / Spear

Wyvern - Claws

Ancient - Claws / Wand

Cult

Preacher - Wand / Staff

Fanatic - Claws

Nameless Guard - Bow / Crossbow / Shield

Forgotten

Assassin - Sword / Axe / Claws

Predatore - Bow / Crossbow / Shield

Myst - Claws / Spear

I´m doing this by memory, please correct me when you know I´m wrong. I´ll edit for the Minor Factions.

Delvers - Hammer / Shield / 2H Hammer

Nydia - Axe / Shield / Spear

Gauran - 2H Axe / Spear

Ercys - Claws

Ceratan - Claws

Urces - Claws / 2H Hammer

Jotus - Bow / Crossbow / Shield

Haunts - 2H Sword / Spear

Dorgeshi - 2H Sword / Spear

Hurnas - Bow / Crossbow / Shield

Kajanzi - Claws / 2H Axe

Eyeless Ones - Wand / Staff / Scepter

Bos - Axe / Shield / Spear

Geldirus - Claws

Sisters of Mercy - 2H Sword / Sword / Shield / Spear

Silics - Claws / 2H Hammer

edit2: Heroes

Wild Walkers - Bow / Crossbow / Shield / Wand

Broken Lords - Sword / Shield / 2H Sword / Spear

Vaulters - Bow / Crossbow / Shield

Necrophages - Sword / Shield / 2H Axe / Claws

Ardent Mages - Wand / Staff / Scepter

Roving Clans - Bow / Crossbow / Shield

Drakken - Wand / Staff / Scepter

Cult - Sword / Shield / Claws

Forgotten - Sword / 2H Sword / Axe / Claws

Eslek Tarosh - Spear / 2H Sword
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 17, 2016, 6:48:25 PM
BPrado wrote:

RC

Dervish - 2H Hammer / Spear

Dervishes can equip hammers with shields, they are not 2h (unlike the Ryder).
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 17, 2016, 6:54:05 PM
KnightofPhoenix wrote:
Dervishes can equip hammers with shields, they are not 2h (unlike the Ryder).

Cool, I´ll check that, thanks. But the ryder´s hammer is one-handed, it just can´t equip anything in the offhand for balance.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 17, 2016, 7:14:59 PM
BPrado wrote:
Cool, I´ll check that, thanks. But the ryder´s hammer is one-handed, it just can´t equip anything in the offhand for balance.

Yea I mean 2h as in they can't equip anything else with it.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 18, 2016, 1:37:52 PM
Sorry for the delay BPrado, I'm working at adding that information to the front post. Very busy day yesterday, I'll try to have it up later today.

Thanks!
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 20, 2016, 11:42:56 AM
KnightofPhoenix wrote:
I think this should be stickied, it is a valuable resource.

Two days later:

BOOM, IMMEDIATE REACTION

(stickied for awesome)
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 12, 2016, 12:09:07 AM
Below is the legend and definitions. Anything with a parenthesis is level-based definitions. For example: "+(50/100/150) damage to Guardians)" would be level 1, level 2 and level 3 respectively.

Anything written in red (not highlighted) is information that I haven't finished testing and either don't have all of the level increments or am not entirely sure that's the way it works. Anything blank simply hasn't been play tested yet and so a definition isn't provided until I finish testing it.

[TD="width:167,bgcolor:#FFFF99"]LEGEND[/TD]

[TD="width:86,bgcolor:#FFFF99"][/TD]

TRAIT DESCRIPTION
ABBREVIATION MEANING Acceleration Doubles the movement of the target for 3 rounds
(I) Industry Acrobat Can pass through opponent units
(W) Worker Ardent Fire Converts percentage of lost life into attack bonus
(T) Titanium Bark Skin (1/2/3/4)
(G) Glassteel Beam Overrides default attack only, allows to attack units behind initial target up to 3 tiles
(A) Adamantian Block (1/2/3/4) +(10%/20%/30%/40%) defense when attacked
(P) Palladian Blocked Growth Stops Food production while being trained
(M) Mithrite Blood Rage +50% damage when target dies before end of round
(H) Hyperium Cavalry Slayer (1/2/3/4) +(20%/30%/40%/50%) damage to cavalry units
Chain Lightning Overrides default attack only, does not work against unit with fortification, deals normal damage to initial target and 20% to opponents adjacent to initial target, the 20% damage is spread from unit to adjacent unit
Charge (1/2/3) +(25%/) attack if unit moves, +(10%/) per movement point spent
Circular Attack Overrides default attack only, allows attacking all adjacent units for 50% damage
Cocoon Stuns a friendly unit and increases its defense by 100% for 1 round, this unit gains life equal to the caster's damage
Colonization Can colonize a neutral region
Crippling Charge 10% chance per movement point spent to stun the target for 2 rounds when attacking
Crusher Ignores movement penalties due to terrain
Dark Proof
Defensive Impulse
Disease (1/2/3/4) Allows unit to transfer disease to its target when attack, diseased units suffer loss of (10%/) of its life every round. Upon death, disease is transferred to adjacent units.
Disease Immunity Provides immunity against any disease or parasitism
Dual Wield Can equip two one-handed weapons, -50% attributes on left-handed weapon
Dust Care Can be healed with Dust
Earthquake Overrides default attack only, deals 25% damage on all opponents when attacking
Eternal Fire Burns its target for 6 rounds when attacking, burning unit loses 15% of its life every round
Exhaustion (1/2/3/4) -(10%/20%/30%/40%) defense on target for 2 rounds
Fast (1/2/3/4) +(1/2/3/4) battle movement
Fast Learner (1/2/3/4) +(25%/) to XP gains
Faster Than Shadows Overrides default attack only, allows does not work against units with fortification, deals normal damage to the target and to units adjacent to the target, the damage is spread from unit to adjacent unit
Fire Rain
Flood Can destroy watchtowers and extractors (radius of 1 tile)
Fly Can fly over ridges and cliffs, ignores line of sight
Flying Slayer (1/2/3/4) +(20%/30%/40%/50%) damage dealt to flying units
Forest Rage +50% attack while on a forest tile
Fortify Doubles the fortifications of a city
Free Counter Can counter once more
Guardian Aura Heals the adjacent armies by an amount equal to 100% of their life
Guardian Nature Provides immunity against winter battle effects, provides immunity against any debuff or disease
Guardian Slayer (1/2/3) +(50/100/150) damage against Guardians, +(50/100/150) attack against Guardians
Heal
Healing Halo
Improved Damage (1/2/3) +(10%/20%30%) damage on unit
Improved High Ground (1/2/3) +(30%/60%/90%) to the bonus provided by high ground
Improved Initiative (1/2/3) +(10%/20%/30%) initiative on unit
Improved Life (1/2/3) +(x/40%/) life on unit
Improved Morale (1/2/3) +(0.5/1/1.5) Morale per adjacent enemy
Improved Movement (1/2/3) Level 1: (X) Level 2: (X) (Level 3: +7 initiative, +3 movement, +1 battle movement)
Improved Vision (1/2/3) +(1/2/3) sight range on unit
Infantry Slayer (1/2/3/4) (+20%/30%/40%/50%) damage dealt to infantry units
Last Resort (1/2/3) -(10%/20%/30%) life loss during siege on city
Life Drain (1/2/3/4) +(1/2/3/4) life drained per level from the target when attacking or counterattacking
Life Siphon Heals nearby friendly units for 35% of the normal damage dealt when attacking
Long Range Attack range of 4 tiles (-1 Morale per adjacent enemy)
Mind Control 50% chance to mind control the target when attack, the mind controlled unit will immediately attack its closest friendly unit
Minor Faction Slayer (1/2/3/4) +(20%/30%/40%/50%) damage dealt to Minor Faction units
Point-Blank Power (1/2/3/4) +(10%/20%/30%) attack power when performing close range attack
Predator's Mark When hit, opponents are marked for the 2 next rounds (up to 3 marks), when attacking a marked target deals 20% extra damage per number of marks
Range Attack range of 3 tiles (-1 Morale per adjacent enemy)
Ranged Slayer (1/2/3/4) +(20%/30%/40%/50%) damage dealt to ranged units
Regeneration (1/2/3)
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 20, 2016, 4:49:59 PM
Wow, stickied? Sweet!

I apologize for the delay in updating, I've recently had a change of employment and it's taken a bit to adjust. I should have some time this weekend to update this sheet with BPrado's information and some of the requests/suggestions.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 21, 2016, 8:54:09 AM
KnightofPhoenix wrote:
Better slightly late than never! :P

Thanks, seeing how the wiki is not updated, this resource will prove quite useful.

Anybody can update the wiki... lol

Avilyss wrote:
Wow, stickied? Sweet!

I apologize for the delay in updating, I've recently had a change of employment and it's taken a bit to adjust. I should have some time this weekend to update this sheet with BPrado's information and some of the requests/suggestions.

Congrats on the new job, and no worries, I think everyone is fine with the updating schedule. smiley: wink
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 22, 2016, 1:31:45 PM
Thank you very much for these informations Avilyss. It's a big work.

Can be usefull for moders or whoever wants to have a clear view of the situation.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 26, 2016, 4:32:38 AM
I totally need the equipment slots right at this moment. But yeah, this is really helpful and super pretty to look at! <3
0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 1, 2016, 3:55:02 PM
They changed based on era, BPrado. Their stats are very close to the foragers, except they tend to be a little stronger than foragers.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 5, 2016, 8:43:19 PM
I haven't tested it to make sure, but I can almost swear that battleborn stats depend on the creature they were born from.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message