Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

"The Reborn" Nakalim Solo Quest completion trigger bug (and fix)

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Apr 28, 2020, 10:05:02 PM
Summary / Title
"The Reborn" Nakalim Solo Quest "PopulationQuest28" condition interpreter has error in expression
Description
I went with first option (reliqious) that requires you to have at least 2 happy systems (happiness 70 or more). For several tutrns I had few such systems with various buffs to happiness to get there, but quest completion still doesn't trigger. It also appears not to work for HonourBound factions, who have Obedience instead of Happiness.
Steps to Reproduce
Start Nakalim Solo Quest, select first option to complete it (religious), obtain exactly 1 Happy system and 1 Ecstatic system.
Reproducibility
5/5
Expected Behavior
Objective should trigger and quest should proceed to the next stage.
Version
ENDLESS SPACE 2 V1.5.11 S5 GOLD-Public (64-bit)
Notes
Interpreter expression erroneously checks for two Happy systems or two Ecstatic systems, ommiting "1 Happy + 1 Ecstatic" case.

In \Public\Quests\QuestDefinitions[DLC4].xml, line 30:
      <Var VarName="$Expression01" StringValue="Count(Context, @'ClassEmpire/ClassColonizedStarSystem,HappinessStatusStarSystem3') ge 2 or Count(Context, @'ClassEmpire/ClassColonizedStarSystem,HappinessStatusStarSystem4') ge 2"/>

Fix
This expression should instead be:
      <Var VarName="$Expression01" StringValue="(Count(Context, @'ClassEmpire/ClassColonizedStarSystem,HappinessStatusStarSystem3') + Count(Context, @'ClassEmpire/ClassColonizedStarSystem,HappinessStatusStarSystem4') + Count(Context, @'ClassEmpire/ClassColonizedStarSystem,ObedienceStatusStarSystem3') + Count(Context, @'ClassEmpire/ClassColonizedStarSystem,ObedienceStatusStarSystem4')) ge 2"/>

Attachments
Fixed quest definitions: QuestDefinitions[DLC4].xml
Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 28, 2020, 10:31:06 PM

Also found this poor fellow from 5 months ago

I believe quest also doesn't work if you play Hissho, but I'm not sure if this fix would be valid:

<Var VarName="$Expression01" StringValue="(Count(Context, @'ClassEmpire/ClassColonizedStarSystem,HappinessStatusStarSystem3') + Count(Context, @'ClassEmpire/ClassColonizedStarSystem,HappinessStatusStarSystem4') + Count(Context, @'ClassEmpire/ClassColonizedStarSystem,ObedienceStatusStarSystem3') + Count(Context, @'ClassEmpire/ClassColonizedStarSystem,ObedienceStatusStarSystem4')) ge 2"/>
Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
May 2, 2020, 7:43:48 PM

I just realised I've specified wrong file path in initial report, even though I've attached valid fixed xml file. I've edited report and reaploaded fix to account for HonourBound factions.

CaptainCobbs wrote:

Your fix works, yes?

Yes, I've tested it for Nakalim. I've also just tested fix for Hissho and it works too.

CaptainCobbs wrote:

If so, is it alright that I add it to the bugfix mod?

Sure thing.

0Send private message
5 months ago
Nov 29, 2023, 6:23:56 PM

Weird to see that upcoming patch focused around Awakening and fixing bugs doesn't inculde this fix :S

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message