Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Extremely Strange System Improvement Screen Bug (DATH PAUL)

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Sep 2, 2020, 3:59:56 AM

I have no idea how or what happened, but whenever I look at the Improvement screen (the one you go to sell already built things), It shows exactly this.

Doesn't matter which system I look at, whehter it's Alberdan or not (in fact not even sure if I own that system...) it claims it is.

I don't even have this guy as a hero!

Saving and loading doens't fix it, which usually works for this UI things. It actually leaves me unable to sell anything, which kinda sucks being Sophons and having already researched everything so all these science buildings are just dead weight.

What should I do? I take I should probably provide saves somewhere?

0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 2, 2020, 6:33:39 AM

It's a placeholder for when something is failed to display, usualy due to mods stop to work properly. If you use mods either disable or update them to work with current version, if you didn't - you probably should start a new game, as it probably brake it already.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 2, 2020, 2:32:21 PM
Yea, no mods here.
Game's almost over, guess I'll just keep going.

Sublustris wrote:

It's a placeholder for when something is failed to display, usualy due to mods stop to work properly. If you use mods either disable or update them to work with current version, if you didn't - you probably should start a new game, as it probably brake it already.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 2, 2020, 3:31:54 PM

A patch was released a couple days ago. Is this a new game you started AFTER the patch, or did you load a game that was started BEFORE the patch?

I reported this in the big thread of patch bugs. It was suggested in there that the cause was that my old save was broken by the new patch. I have not yet seen this occur in the new game I made.

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 3, 2020, 9:32:49 AM

Hi, i have the same issue, I started today's game and noticed the bug.

On 1.5.31 beta version the issue is resolved

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 4, 2020, 3:09:48 PM

The game was started after the patch pretty sure. Regardless I started a new game, again no mods, and it happend again. Seems to be very common now looking around, so it may be safe to assume something in the new patch bork

0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 6, 2020, 2:31:50 PM

Yes, I can confirm today that in my new game I am also getting this.  It's unrelated to playing on an invalid savefile and is a legitimate bug that completely breaks the constructed improvements screen.

I happen to be playing Horatio, FWIW.

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 6, 2020, 2:34:54 PM
DocAstral wrote:

On 1.5.31 beta version the issue is resolved

The current public version where this is happening is 1.5.34 S5 GOLD.  And it still happens there, so this was not fixed by your beta version, which is older and probably before the bug was introduced. Or are you just trying to point out that it didn't occur in the old build?   

0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 6, 2020, 11:34:29 PM

Post your diagnostic file from when it happened (Documents/Endless Space 2/Temporary Files), let me take a look and see if mods can fix it.

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 9, 2020, 10:34:43 PM

Diagnostics - 2020'09'10 @0012'35''.html

Every attempt to print the list leads, in the diagnostic file, to

* below exception statements

* below error stack at message level

This definitly appeared AFTER the latest patch, with or without mods.

Reproduced in 1.5.34 S5 GOLD-Public

Error: {"error message":"InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.","callstack":" at UnityEngineLogCallback in Error while parsing stackframe: ImprovementsManagementModalWindow.deleteTemporaryImprovements ():line 0\n at UnityEngineLogCallback in Error while parsing stackframe: ImprovementsManagementModalWindow.OnBeginShow (Boolean instant):line 0\n at UnityEngineLogCallback in Error while parsing stackframe: Amplitude.Unity.Gui.GuiPanel.Show (Boolean instant):line 0\n at UnityEngineLogCallback in Error while parsing stackframe: Amplitude.Unity.Gui.GuiWindow.InternalShow (Boolean instant):line 0\n at UnityEngineLogCallback in Error while parsing stackframe: Amplitude.Unity.Gui.GuiWindowsStack.ShowWindow (Amplitude.Unity.Gui.GuiWindow guiWindow, Boolean instant):line 0\n at UnityEngineLogCallback in Error while parsing stackframe: Amplitude.Unity.Gui.GuiWindowsStackModal.ShowWindow (Amplitude.Unity.Gui.GuiWindow guiWindow, Boolean instant):line 0\n at UnityEngineLogCallback in Error while parsing stackframe: Amplitude.Unity.Gui.GuiManager.ShowWindow (Amplitude.Unity.Gui.GuiWindow guiWindow, Boolean instant):line 0\n at UnityEngineLogCallback in Error while parsing stackframe: ColonyInfoSidePanel.OnImprovementsCb ():line 0\n at UnityEngineLogCallback in Error while parsing stackframe: UnityEngine.GameObject:SendMessage(String, Object, SendMessageOptions):line 0\n at UnityEngineLogCallback in Error while parsing stackframe: AgeControlButton:HandleMouseUpOrDown(AgeMouseEventData):line 0\n at UnityEngineLogCallback in Error while parsing stackframe: AgeControlButton:MouseUp(AgeMouseEventData):line 0\n at UnityEngineLogCallback in Error while parsing stackframe: UnityEngine.Component:SendMessage(String, Object):line 0\n at UnityEngineLogCallback in Error while parsing stackframe: AgeManager:UpdateInteractivity():line 0\n at UnityEngineLogCallback in Error while parsing stackframe: AgeManager:LateUpdate():line 0\n","turn":68,"gameID":"2721126b-4e71-4d1c-8b6c-44e7bad5f9c7","eventID":"5.19.01","eventName":"Error","steamID":"76561197971020338","gamecode":"392110","sessionID":"b0952d5aac464501847c54b1c123c292","eventTimestampClient":"2020-09-10T00:30:25.401"}

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 11, 2020, 12:36:50 PM

Same for me

https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/endless-space-2/forums/114-bug-reports/threads/37433-since-the-final-patch-showing-improvements-is-complete-chaos?page=1#post-303418

0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 23, 2020, 9:22:55 AM

I don't normally post to these things, but I've been having this exact problem. Matching the version and everything. I have an unrelated problem as well wherein I click to view a system's development's and it'll show me an unrelated systems developments. Ex, I'll be looking at Iaz, and realize it's showing me all of the information for Omdor. Perhaps it is related?

0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 25, 2020, 2:14:05 PM

I also have experienced the secondary bug that TisisAntomy mentioned, as well as the Darth Paul issue. I'm not sure what to do about it.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 26, 2020, 6:15:48 AM

I have met the same problem for several times. It seems only happen after the "final patch". and all the saves run on new version, so it isn't an old-version to new-version problem.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 27, 2020, 2:50:14 PM

I am also experiencing the Darth Paul issue across multiple saves. Issue seems to occur regardless of mods being used or not.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 5, 2020, 12:13:41 AM

Same here, just ran into Darth Paul. 

- I was just occupying another race's planet and wanted to see what improvements were there, but I could only see one System Improvement screen of one of my other planets with a hero assigned. 

- Then I started to check other planets and had the same screen with the same hero. 

- I did an app restart/load and now I can only see good ol' Paul on every planet's System Improvement screen of my empire...

0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 8, 2020, 6:06:07 AM

Bought the game few days ago and noticed this annoying bug on every system. No mods and no DLC.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message