Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Can not start a Singleplayer-Game with 8 empires or more

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
May 8, 2021, 8:09:33 AM

Plattform: Steam

Description:

I was playing Endless Space 2 and it works perfectly fine, but after i received a 2,2 MB update for the game, i want to play singleplayer-mode with the newest DLC and free content, ( so i deleted every save-file) and just start a fresh new singleplayer-session. But everytime, when i am in loading screen, and selected more than seven factions, the loading bar does not continue after "connecting to server" and "load title graphic". Reinstalling the Endless Space 2 and Steam-"Check game files for errors" do not solve the Problem. At the time before update, i could play a session with max factions without Problem.

Steps to Reproduce: Start Endless Space 2, select new Game, start new game with eight factions or more, wait for the loading bar to reach ca. 60%, then it crashes/stops loading.

Reproducibility: 5/5

Expected Behavior: The loading screen reaches 100% and a new game begins.

Version: V1.5.48. S5 GOLD-Public

Notes: I play the german version of the game, so this here ist all translated to english by myself.

AttachmentsScreenshot (3).pngScreenshot (4).png

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
May 8, 2021, 12:33:40 PM

Not sure, why it doesn't work on your end. I tested a minute ago on my end (12 player) without any issues. What is your chosen galaxy type and especially the seize of your choice? By the way, you missed to upload the "most interesting" files (if available) as described here:

* Diagnostic files (located by default under "C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\Documents\Endless Space 2\Temporary Files" - for Mac users: "User/YOUR_USER_NAME/Library/Application Support/Endless Space 2/Temporary Files") and select the correct file by looking at the name like "Diagnostics - 2016'10'11 @1407'46''" that gives you the date and hour which should correspond to a save file)

* Output logs (one output_log.txt located under Steam\steamapps\common\Endless Space 2 in a folder named in the YYYY-MM-DD_HHMMSS format created in case of crash and one in the EndlessSpace2_Data folder - for Mac users User/YOUR_USER_NAME/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log ) 

* DxDiag (PC only): Attach a DxDiag report. This is only relevant if your bug has to do with crashing, artefacts or something. If it's only affecting gameplay, a DXDiag isn't necessary.

* Apple System Profiler (Mac only): Copy and paste the content of the Apple System Profiler report (do not attach the report file directly, we can't use it!)

Source: The Tester's guide to the bug report

Anyway, if you like to get "realtime support", you could add me in Steam (name: "Groo the one" - deutschsprachig).

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
May 9, 2021, 2:17:56 PM

Diagnostics - 2021'05'09 @1556'31''.htmloutput_log.txt

May 8, 2021, 2:33:40 PM

"Not sure, why it doesn't work on your end. I tested a minute ago on my end (12 player) without any issues. What is your chosen galaxy type and especially the seize of your choice?"

It  should occur with every Galaxy Type (i tested 4), size  is on maximum, but i made two more screenshots Screenshot (5).pngScreenshot (6).png

Note: i hope it is the right output file

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 23, 2021, 5:42:21 AM

It thinks one of your settings are invalid, play around with the settings until you figure out which one is causing it

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 23, 2021, 3:37:40 PM

You could check out this one:

"Mono Path Not Found
If you get the following error:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Windows mono path not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\mono\mono\mini\mono.exe

at Mono.CSharp.CSharpCodeCompiler..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Try these:

Make sure you are updated to the latest version of Windows 10.

Set "-force-opengl" in the Steam launch options. To do so, right click the game in Steam, go to properies, then click on "Set Launch Options...".

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message