Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Any update on the lore pass of tech tree?

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message
5 years ago
Jan 25, 2019, 8:32:00 PM

I thought we were still waiting on a revamp to the economy/inflation mechanic?  Wasn't it proven that the whole thing was pretty broken and did the opposite of what it was intended to do?

0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 2, 2019, 9:09:49 AM

Is there any update on the lore pass? With each game I play, the techs' descriptions make less and less sense, considering what you unlock from them.

0Send private message
5 years ago
May 21, 2019, 6:05:31 AM

Please, the tech tree needs a make over! With every new tech it gets more confusing...

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
May 21, 2019, 12:40:55 PM

We're still keeping the lore pass on the tech tree in mind. However, we think it will be best if we tackle this after the next DLC, as this will give the designers more freedom with the tech tree without risk of having to start over on the lore pass as they add content.

0Send private message
5 years ago
May 21, 2019, 12:56:56 PM

Adding techs without lore in mind seems absurd. I can understand absence of lore coherence in tech tree since it was redesigned in Early Access, but it's been two years since release. I've heard this "after next DLC" before.

0Send private message
5 years ago
May 21, 2019, 1:03:03 PM

I doubt that the game designers would add technologies and unlocks with no regard for the lore in mind, but they also have to consider balancing when they place new unlocks or replace existing technologies with faction specific variants. Performing the lore pass before or while they add this new content would put additional constraints on where they can place it, so we decided to wait.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
May 21, 2019, 1:30:32 PM

Perhaps the mod “Tech tree lore rewrite“ by Self-rescuing Princess in Steam workshop is of use for you?

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
May 21, 2019, 1:56:17 PM
Groo wrote:

Perhaps the mod “Tech tree lore rewrite“ by Self-rescuing Princess in Steam workshop is of use for you?

I wish it would also swap icons, because "Applied retrovirology" icon clearly illustrates Casimir effect.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message