Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Sobra

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Sep 12, 2019, 9:49:49 PM

Looks like Earth, with all its continents as base, low quality texture. 70% covered with oceans. Is desert planet. Nakalim have no starting technology to colonize desert worlds.

Great consistency there, devs.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 12, 2019, 10:00:28 PM

this was an odd choice to me as well

0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 13, 2019, 6:46:51 AM

LOL, it's so unfitting that people on reddit in all seriousness believe it's an accidentally left placeholder texture.

But planet looks the same on all artworks. Except here:

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 13, 2019, 7:03:55 AM

Well... what other artwork are you talking about? 

It also doesnt look sterile(giant patches of green), like it should and your race doesnt have a tech to settle desert planets. Its bizarre. 

Anyway, there are typos EVEN in leader's name its Marusia or Maruisa and in other places (or its an obscure practice of word change, but occams razor says otherwise). 

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 13, 2019, 7:52:04 AM

The one in planet tooltip, main menu and marketing screenshots in store page.

Not gonna lie, Marusia made me laugh out loud. It's a diminutive name spell in Slavic languages, and to imagine their leader is of slavik origin made me burst in laugh.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 13, 2019, 4:08:52 PM

I think this was ment and not a placeholder.I just dont really like the idea of earth being in this setting.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 13, 2019, 4:40:39 PM

Earth isn't in this setting, unless Jeff speaks otherwise. Also, Desert can't be covered mainly with oceans.

But what do I know. In this setting Applied Casimir Effect is used to produce food and xenolinguistics - to mine titanium.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 14, 2019, 12:58:31 AM

With everyone complaining about the bugs in this update, the thing that really left me disapointed is the lack of quality. Aplitude games are ususally unbalanced and can be glithcy and unintuitive. But the amount of detail they put into world buidling is pretty substantial. So to see things like this and the typos really puts me off to an otherwise awesome update

0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 17, 2019, 1:44:37 PM

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:

We’re already working on a patch to address many of the issues you have brought up regarding bugs, balance, and presentation. For example, we are reworking the texture and artwork of the planet Sobra to be closer to the landscape seen in the trailer (we want to avoid any confusion with another famous Home Planet… )

So it was misrepresentation after all.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 17, 2019, 2:07:51 PM

So this was just some kind of fancy placeholder after all.

The level of QA is bafflingly low since the release of ES2...

0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 17, 2019, 2:38:01 PM

That wasn't placeholder, because it clearly had some effort put into it. It was inconsistency between game designers, people who write lore and people who make art.

I think art was ready before lore part was finilized.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 22, 2019, 5:32:48 PM

Advertising, they have been working on Humankind with a lore that takes place in Earth history so Amplitude Studio with possible suggestion from Sega decided to use the Earth texture (hopefully temporarily) in the DLC as way of subliminally advertising human kind in hopes that more of the masses will purchases thier new game that coming up.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Sep 22, 2019, 8:35:37 PM
CowFroggers wrote:

Advertising, they have been working on Humankind with a lore that takes place in Earth history so Amplitude Studio with possible suggestion from Sega decided to use the Earth texture (hopefully temporarily) in the DLC as way of subliminally advertising human kind in hopes that more of the masses will purchases thier new game that coming up.

This is pure speculation.

They already updated the texture for Sobra.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message