Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

AI Alternative Skins

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Feb 7, 2019, 3:18:47 AM

I feel like this is something that should be a part of this game. Being able to assign the different fleet skins that are available to the player to the AI teams as well. Would be nice to be able to have 2 sophon teams in the game and have one standard and the other playing with the Mavros Fleet skins as an example. I feel like this would be a good addition to this great game.

Thanks,

Capt. Tyco

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 10, 2019, 10:47:04 PM

Thanks for the support. Feel like it's a worthy cause

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 11, 2019, 1:52:39 AM

I just now saw this post, not sure how I missed it. 

For some reason I thought you could already do this and I never really bothered to check because I usually play with unique restrictions (only one of each faction) but yes, I agree this could be a neat addition. I wouldn't mind bringing the Holy Fire of the Only True Church of the Virtuals against the Heretic and his blasphemous (and ugly) white hulls! 

(P.S. - They're not really 'ugly' I actually think the Heretic skins are gorgeous)

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 11, 2019, 8:33:41 PM

I am a big fan of the of the Lumeris Buccaneer skin. I actually havent tried playing yet with the Heretic skins. They are a pretty slick from the preview screen though.

I get the feeling that people never really noticed that they couldn't change the AI fleet skins. If the option was there i feel like people would utilize the option.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 26, 2019, 5:32:41 AM

would it just be made as like a drop down arrow when selecting the race to switch ship skins maybe?

0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 6, 2019, 7:56:54 PM

I would think a drop down arrow would possibly work. Maybe add another box next to the race name where you can select the fleet skin you would like?

Happy to see all the support for this thread. Glad to see there is community interest in this too.

-Tyco

0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 7, 2019, 3:44:00 PM

Yes please.

An alternative would be to have the devs release the skins as indiviual applicable mods, then you can just click the mod skins you want.  I don't understad why we need two seperate techs which do the same, with the modding option being superior to the hard coded intigrated system.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 7, 2019, 5:18:32 PM

I'm definitly in the camp of "I thought you could already do this." I usually play with one of each race too, but it'd be nice to add for a bbit of variety.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 19, 2019, 10:54:02 PM

Either way would probably look good. Whether it be the drop down arrow or seperate fleet skin box.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 26, 2019, 7:59:43 PM

I'd really love it if the skins changed on events from the questlines, but I think it's impossible or they'd have done it already.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 29, 2019, 8:15:03 AM

While we agree that it would be great for the skins to change with the quests (e.g. United Empire), the system is unfortunately not designed for that.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 29, 2019, 2:20:41 PM

You didn't mention anything about AI players using skins.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 29, 2019, 6:50:19 PM

Yes does this mean that you would consider adding the option to select different skins for AI races when setting up a game?

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
May 12, 2019, 2:24:30 AM

Is this something thats difficult/time consuming? If not, I'm not sure why it isn't already in the game to be honest. 

Also, are alternate skins for Vaulters, Hissho, Umbral Choir, and any future factions a possibility?

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message