Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Where is the System trade value displayed nowadays? (ES2 V1.4.9 S5)

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Feb 27, 2019, 10:11:40 AM

In previous versions of the game STV was displayed in the economy screen view of the space map. But now there is no such information. And I couldn`t find it elswere. Please help. 

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 27, 2019, 1:19:30 PM

It is still there, there is a new icon that you can hower over the system label. Also, system management screen shows trade value as well in scan view.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 27, 2019, 3:33:40 PM

I think what OP means is that previously you could see amount of dust, science and resources produced by each system via trade. Now you can only see overall Trade company output and things that affect each system's trade value but not the trade value itself. So it's either a bug or change that doesn't make a lot of sense.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 27, 2019, 11:28:18 PM
BadBecauseMad wrote:

I think what OP means is that previously you could see amount of dust, science and resources produced by each system via trade. Now you can only see overall Trade company output and things that affect each system's trade value but not the trade value itself. So it's either a bug or change that doesn't make a lot of sense.

Yes, you are right. It does not make a lot of sence, especially it was already implemented in the game before and it was useful value to know.

as well there is a system development upgrade , that adds 100% system trade value to influence, but now I can`t say how much is it and do I really need it. And other upgrades that connected to SSTV - so now I can`t compare this value with other options and upgrades. stupid change. 

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 28, 2019, 12:23:16 AM

I'm feeling this too.  And I'm also wondering if there is a way to know which of my Subs is connected to which of the HQs because it's been so long since I put them up I can't remember which is to which and it's definitely time to move them.  I could save and then remove them to see which goes to which, but I was hoping there was a way to just figure it out with the UI that I just don't know about yet?

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 28, 2019, 1:53:24 AM

@videovillain

Each Trade Company HQ connects with every(each) subsidiary but not other HQs. Check Economy screen Trade and Resources tab there is info about trade routes there.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 28, 2019, 11:50:04 AM
BadBecauseMad wrote:

@videovillain

Each Trade Company HQ connects with every(each) subsidiary but not other HQs. Check Economy screen Trade and Resources tab there is info about trade routes there.

Thanks!  But that screen doesn’t have nearly enough info, haha.

0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 28, 2019, 3:42:11 PM
BadBecauseMad wrote:

Like what more info do you need from it?

Like which system each of the items on the trade routes comes from and in what quantities, where/how the food/industry output is calculated, and for either that screen to properly show blockaded routes or for the galaxy view trade routes to properly show blockaded and unbloackaded routes as I have multiple that are "blockaded" in that screen but aren't shown on the economy screen, etc.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Feb 28, 2019, 4:05:57 PM

1. Which system each of the items on the trade routes comes from and in what quantities

That's what this topic about. Was available before in scan view.

2. Where/how the food/industry output is calculated

That is prolly missing, yea. You can see food/industry profit for each system in system scan view and by hovering over food/industry in system view.

3. Either that screen to properly show blockaded routes or for the galaxy view trade routes to properly show blockaded and unbloackaded routes as I have multiple that are "blockaded" in that screen but aren't shown on the economy screen, etc.

That is showed on economy screen - which routes are blocked and where is the problem. There is a bug tho that info about blockaded routes does not update properly in scan view.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 4, 2019, 7:59:24 PM

So, nobody knows the answer for my simple question even here? I also posted the same on the Steam discusions - there is no answer too, but this is predictable...

One more item to the list of unanswered questions and unsolved issues... Sad but true.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 4, 2019, 9:34:30 PM
Evgenopolis wrote:

So, nobody knows the answer for my simple question even here? I also posted the same on the Steam discusions - there is no answer too, but this is predictable...

One more item to the list of unanswered questions and unsolved issues... Sad but true.

Your simple question was answered in the end, not?

0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 5, 2019, 4:27:29 AM
Groo wrote:
Evgenopolis wrote:

Your simple question was answered in the end, not?

Nope

0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 5, 2019, 10:01:47 AM
Sublustris wrote:

Ok, I'll try: it's absent.

If so , then we may state, that in the new pacth developers just excluded one of the important game vlues, used for example in calculations for system development upgrade. There is no sense. I don`t belive it. It`s must be hidden somewhere! And there is no mention about excluding STV in the path log! 

Or what`s the next? they will exclude from the game systems influence value? so what? looking at the galaxy map you can rate it by eye... Not a big deal. And less to  manage! Or maybe they will exclude weapons damage values - anyway we are not able to do much in the space battles)))

I wish I could play ES2 version before this patch. But I don`t know how to downgrade. So I have to play another game, sad but true.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 5, 2019, 10:27:22 AM

You could check out available beta versions:

1) Click right mouse button on Endless Space 2 in your Steam game list

2) Choose Properties

3) Switch to beta tab and check out the available game versions to roll back

0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 5, 2019, 10:34:38 AM
Evgenopolis wrote:

There is no sense. I don`t belive it. It`s must be hidden somewhere! And there is no mention about excluding STV in the path log! 

They did mention it

PATCH 1.4.6 

Removed outdated scan view caption info and added Hacking info

Basically, they ditched it, because it felt cluttered with hacking/tracing routes over it.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 5, 2019, 11:35:15 AM

It is true that we have removed the specific numbers for Dust and Science and resources from the Trade View. Personally, I never found the exact numbers to be useful, except in relation to one another. I'm not even sure they took upgrades and experience of your existing trade companies into account.

However, there is still information about the Trade Value to be found in the Trade View and the System View.

The icon shows a quick estimate of how valuable the system will be as a trade location, the fuller the better, while the tooltip and system view offer a breakdown of the factors. Once you have established trade routes, the trade view will also show the different trade companies and their income as before.

I hope this helps.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 5, 2019, 1:12:40 PM

Funnily enough, you can still see food and industry generated along trade route path in System management scan view as a separate diagram, but not dust or science from company/subsidiary neighbour.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 6, 2019, 11:24:55 AM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:

It is true that we have removed the specific numbers for Dust and Science and resources from the Trade View. Personally, I never found the exact numbers to be useful, except in relation to one another. I'm not even sure they took upgrades and experience of your existing trade companies into account.

However, there is still information about the Trade Value to be found in the Trade View and the System View.

The icon shows a quick estimate of how valuable the system will be as a trade location, the fuller the better, while the tooltip and system view offer a breakdown of the factors. Once you have established trade routes, the trade view will also show the different trade companies and their income as before.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for your answer. It helps in some way. Actually I have found all this things by myself trying to find SSTV after the latest patch. 

There is a system development ugrade that gives 100% system trade value to the system influence gain. How to calculate this value before choosing upgrade? How to compare with other options? System development ugrade can not be undone. It is very important choice. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message