Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Problems whit game pass version

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Jul 20, 2020, 10:44:59 PM

Guys i have problem whit Game Pass version of the game,esentially i don't have any word or string of the game but onli tag of the source cod like %MainMenuDes and something like that

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 20, 2020, 11:30:18 PM

I don't understand the problem. Whatever it is, can you look for an error log and upload it? It's called output_log.txt and it should be inside the game install folder in a folder with a date for a name.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 21, 2020, 9:37:00 AM

The problem is that some writings and options are missing from the menus and there are not written but only things with% 

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 21, 2020, 9:43:47 AM

Maybe he's trying to use language that isn't supported by the game. Can you show a screenshot of the main menu?

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 21, 2020, 10:02:27 AM

Probably the game pass forces the game to use the Italian language which is not present in the game

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 21, 2020, 11:17:34 AM

Yes, there appears to be missing strings in the Italian localization. Italian is not an officially supported language. It won't affect gameplay if you happen to already know what those buttons are. If you do want it to show them you will either have to get a completed Italian localization (I don't believe there is one so you'd have to make it I suspect), or switch to another language.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 21, 2020, 11:31:22 AM

I don't know anything about the game I didn't go beyond the menus since there are no strings, if u find a italian translate i appreciate but i cannon change langauge on micorsoft store version unless i change the geography area on Windows i think

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 21, 2020, 11:36:12 AM
NecrosThePain wrote:

I don't know anything about the game I didn't go beyond the menus since there are no strings, if u find a italian translate i appreciate but i cannon change langauge on micorsoft store version unless i change the geography area on Windows i think, no, if i change the geography area it does make any change so probabily i unistall the game at this point 

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 21, 2020, 11:58:15 AM

Ok i found the problem, i see the localization folder and in the Italian folder there are many missing file compare to ENG folder 

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 21, 2020, 12:58:31 PM

You can. Question is, if Italian is unsupported, how did you get this localization in the first place?

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 21, 2020, 1:11:39 PM
NecrosThePain wrote:
Ok i found the problem, i see the localization folder and in the Italian folder there are many missing file compare to ENG folder 

As others have pointed out, Italian is not an officially supported language. There's a check missing to default to English if the language the GamePass wants to use is not available, and the team is looking into a fix, but I don't know when the patch will be available. And unfortunately, as far as I know, to force the correct language you would need to change the language of your Microsoft Store or Gamepass app.

And frankly, I don't know where those Italian strings came from in the first place, though they seem to me mostly "standard phrases" for games.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 21, 2020, 3:49:57 PM
Sublustris wrote:

You can. Question is, if Italian is unsupported, how did you get this localization in the first place?

it was already in the game, maybe the MS version should be fixed

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 21, 2020, 3:52:42 PM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:
NecrosThePain wrote:

As others have pointed out, Italian is not an officially supported language. There's a check missing to default to English if the language the GamePass wants to use is not available, and the team is looking into a fix, but I don't know when the patch will be available. And unfortunately, as far as I know, to force the correct language you would need to change the language of your Microsoft Store or Gamepass app.

And frankly, I don't know where those Italian strings came from in the first place, though they seem to me mostly "standard phrases" for games.

I don't know to, maybe the MS version has been put into the gamepass with some problems.I tried to change the geographical area of windows but nothing changes, by default it always puts the Italian localization

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 21, 2020, 5:10:05 PM

We have a fix for the issue, which should make sure the game defaults to English (since Italian is not supported), but it still needs to go through QA as well as certification, so it will unfortunately take a few days to arrive.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 21, 2020, 10:08:11 PM

We have a fix for the issue, which should make sure the game defaults to English (since Italian is not supported), but it still needs to go through QA as well as certification, so it will unfortunately take a few days to arrive.

ok, i will wait untill it is fixed. Thanks 

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 26, 2020, 12:33:12 PM

Came here to check this. Will the update just roll out or we will have to reinstall the game ?

Cheers for working on it.

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 27, 2020, 3:24:00 PM

It should automatically apply an update, but it needs to go through certification first.

certification?

0Send private message
4 years ago
Jul 27, 2020, 3:41:53 PM

They need to make sure that the new patch doesn't break anything important. Sometimes you fix one problem but cause an even bigger one.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message