Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

Hero Skills Tree

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 29, 2012, 5:24:00 AM
This is wonderful, and I've been using it a lot, but I keep noticing a few little niggling things that bother me.

First, the pilot and commander abilities are almost the same color. The yellow/orange color is alright for one of them, but... I dunno ... take a page out of the other guy's book and make the pilot blood red. (... or the administrator if you'd prefer... just pick one.)

Also, I think you highlighted a few of them wrong:

Hyper-Driven is shown purple (Adventurer) but it's Commander.

Emergency Shelter is Commander, not Pilot

Those are all the ones I'm confident of.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 9, 2013, 12:32:45 PM
Lloydski wrote:
This is actually REALLY useful. Thanks!

Correction, it WAS really useful. Now it IS obsolete.

The current skill tree can be found in this thread, so this sticky should be unstickied and left to die the fate of all threads that were once great but are no longer relevant.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 17, 2012, 2:03:26 AM
DrakenKin wrote:

However i am not sure if i am becoming color blind with age, but i have a really hard time telling the yellow from the orange from the green borders. Could you please make the borders thicker and maybe make the colors a bit more different? I think the main problem is that the colors are too luminous / on the light side.

Your wish shall be granted...

I still can't force myself to double-triple check all skills... Hope i'll do it some time soon, but tbh i hope that someone will do it and inform me here. smiley: redface
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 16, 2012, 1:58:03 AM
Great resource thank you!

However i am not sure if i am becoming color blind with age, but i have a really hard time telling the yellow from the orange from the green borders. Could you please make the borders thicker and maybe make the colors a bit more different? I think the main problem is that the colors are too luminous / on the light side.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 4, 2012, 12:39:41 AM
Thanks for this, i was just about to go hunt down hero skills and you provided this with no hassle.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 1, 2012, 5:00:08 PM
SatB wrote:
I'll check every other skill lil later when i have some spare time...

Better wait for full release, there might be other changes they haven't included yet. 3 days to go!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 1, 2012, 1:48:04 PM
rickynumber24 wrote:

First, the pilot and commander abilities are almost the same color. The yellow/orange color is alright for one of them, but... I dunno ... take a page out of the other guy's book and make the pilot blood red. (... or the administrator if you'd prefer... just pick one.)

I don't really want to change colors tbh. I like as they are atm. But if anyone else would agree with you, sure i'll change.

rickynumber24 wrote:

Also, I think you highlighted a few of them wrong:

Hyper-Driven is shown purple (Adventurer) but it's Commander.

Emergency Shelter is Commander, not Pilot

Those are all the ones I'm confident of.

Thanks a lot for pointing that out!

They must have changed it recently. I was triple checking every single skill.

But i actually think this change is for the best. I was wondering myself why Commander had less skills compared to other, now its more or less balanced.

I'll check every other skill lil later when i have some spare time...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 20, 2012, 4:21:03 PM
Just've made this for myself and my friends, but i think it will be useful for someone else too...

I know that there is similar skill tree on wiki, but this one is better for new players or someone who haven't seen all possible skills yet.

Preview:

If there is any missing or misplaced skill please let me know.

Or any general idea how to make it easier to use/read.

Here is download link.

Here is "color blind" version for those who so desire...
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 28, 2012, 6:40:11 AM
This is great, thank you for taking the time to make it. I wish the game itself laid it out so clearly.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 24, 2012, 7:37:46 PM
Beautiful job, SatB. My hat's off to you.

The tree I designed (and Marthnn linked to above) is meant to be printed out across 2 pages. At least one person asked me to create a single-page chart but I think I will simply link to yours. I see no reason to duplicate such a fine job!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 20, 2012, 11:23:59 PM
Kareal wrote:
Great job, best one of these I've seen yet!

Making the class requirement 'border' colors more obvious would be nice. I missed them at first glance.

Have made it a tiny bit more "obvious". At list if i understood u right...

Marthnn wrote:

The presentation is very nice, it fits the game theme well. But it would be useful to regroup abilities according to hero class, at least as much as possible. For exemple putting "Battle Action : Armor Weak Point" to the left with those other adventurer abilities, which would require transfering "Hardy constitution" to the right, and "Commander in chief" to the right of "Ground pounder".

Sad part is, this will probably change before release...

Regrouped skills a bit, but i can't see how i can move "Commander in chief" to the right of "Ground pounder" , sorry...

adder wrote:
Nice smiley: approval

You actually print-screened every single one?

Yes. it took me 150-200 turns as Horatio to make enough clones to get everything i needed.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 20, 2012, 6:08:51 PM
Nice smiley: approval

You actually print-screened every single one?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 20, 2012, 4:51:27 PM
Moved to strategy guide section. Similar to the pdf one, but even nicer. Thanks!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 20, 2012, 4:51:03 PM
Great job, best one of these I've seen yet!

Making the class requirement 'border' colors more obvious would be nice. I missed them at first glance.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 20, 2012, 4:46:54 PM
Are you sure the requisite of Smart Investor is Negociator 3? In this thread, the abilities tree indicates Negociator 2 instead, while the wiki agrees with you. Can't be both...

Ah, silly me, requirements are all indicated on your tree. I'm guessing you used print screens?

The presentation is very nice, it fits the game theme well. But it would be useful to regroup abilities according to hero class, at least as much as possible. For exemple putting "Battle Action : Armor Weak Point" to the left with those other adventurer abilities, which would require transfering "Hardy constitution" to the right, and "Commander in chief" to the right of "Ground pounder".

Sad part is, this will probably change before release...
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message