Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

Endless Space Wiki

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 24, 2012, 2:49:33 PM
Never heard of the 'toxic wikia wiki', but the Endless Space wiki works just fine. Might be your DNS server.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 6, 2012, 1:00:30 PM
Shouldn't be to hard to set up a wiki install on a webspace, only thing such a wiki would need is a crew to keep it running. I would offer my webspace over at stamfaste.se but I think there is some limitations on my hosting, though I do not know at this point..
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 8, 2012, 3:57:13 PM
I'm a little disappointed to to see that so many technologies, especially faction-specific techs and the Improvements of the last three Factions haven't been added yet. is it because the people who work on this wiki always use the same technologies or is it because they forget to add entries about the missing techs? Either way, I'm sure many people'd greatly appreciate it if someone could finish the Tech Tree and Improvement sections.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 14, 2012, 2:46:04 PM
Greetings everyone, just dropping in to advise that while I love the concept of a wiki, and agree that one should be started ASAP -- I don't think it's a great idea to put much effort into a Wikia version, especially given the relatively indie culture of Amplitude Studios. I can tell you, from experience, that Wikia are indeed a toxic bunch, and they're for-profit to boot. Arguably, through your hard work and contributions, they're essentially siphoning advertising revenue off of Amplitude's hard work.

I might as well add that I have six years of experience working with wikis, and if Amplitude themselves were willing to host a MediaWiki site devoted to ES, or if someone else has the space to install one, I would absolutely love to help maintain it and provide comprehensive coverage of the game. Been playing this thing non stop... would like to give a little something extra back.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 14, 2012, 3:53:35 PM
Welcome to the forum. Please do look through the *existing* wiki. Please do help maintain it. The motivations of the hosting service do not really matter that much, it is the content which matters to most players.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 14, 2012, 4:23:35 PM
As a matter of preference I will probably not, but thank you very much for the welcome. =)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 14, 2012, 7:06:13 PM
Although I'm not too fond of Wikia itself, the fact remains that it's the only game in town unless somebody is willing to devote private hosting resources to a wiki. You can suggest that somebody set up such a site, but unless that person is you, I don't think you have any grounds for complaint.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 24, 2012, 8:21:14 AM
I'm consistently getting a DNS error when trying to get to the wiki - was it decided to take down the 'toxic wikia' wiki and find a better solution?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 3, 2012, 4:26:36 PM
Is there a place other than the wiki to find all the known lore in a consolidated place?

tbh I have not looked at what is all on the wiki as of just yet
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 25, 2012, 3:32:32 PM
Just using the term Ithuriel used higher up the topic. Just rechecked and it seems to be working now, so and I'm looking forward to mining it for all sorts if info.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 8, 2012, 4:12:03 PM
While I appreciate the wiki, 9 times out of 10 it just hangs in my browser and times out. Peeking into some of the javascripts that site is trying to run, they are being VERY aggressive in trying to bypass some of the safe-guards I've put in place, and that's what's causing the issue. I would echo some of the other comments in this thread and ask for a different hosting site for the wiki.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jun 27, 2013, 9:48:29 AM
Seeing that many things have to be added due to disharmony I'd like contribute aswell. For techs/improvements however there often is alot of text, is there a way to copy this from the gamefiles?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 11, 2012, 2:02:51 PM
onyx135 wrote:
The english language file has names and basic descriptions of everything in the game. I just wanted to make sure everyone who's contributing knows this exists and that its absolutely awesome. I believe the default path is as follows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\endless space\Public\Localization\en\Localization_Locales.xml

Aaaaaannnnnd I started a forum group titled "Endless Space Wiki Contributors" for anyone that wants to join.

Did you manage to get the icons / pictures you wanted? Oh and I see you changed the background picture. smiley: biggrin Much much better!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message