Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

Imperium Aeterna

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Nov 7, 2012, 8:22:15 PM

Imperium Aeterna Mod Version 2.2.2

For Endless Space Disharmony Version 1.1.58

Imperium Aeterna roughly translates to ‘Eternal Empire’. The aim of this mod is to maintain the vanilla ‘experience’ as much as possible, but to enhance our enjoyment of the game with enhancements and tweaks over time. This mod will grow as we gain ideas and or incorporate other mods and could become as little or as large as necessary to enjoy the game to the fullest. We're always happy to receive feedback or suggestions, so please don't hesitate to leave a reply!

Anyone is free to download, play and use the contents of this mod in their own mods – provided that credits are given accordingly and a link to the Official Page is added.

• A new Tech Tree, adding 5 new Technologies which each unlock a new System Improvement.
  • An overhaul of the Combat Modules, which adds more depth to ship design.
  • A Combat Overhaul, removing the vanilla Long/Medium/Short range mechanics and replacing it with a more logical Heavy/Normal/Light set of variants for each weapon.
  • Reworked the Ship Classes, so there are now 5 distinct classes instead of minor variations.
  • Added ship defense bonuses to Engine Modules – No longer included: Developers added evasion to engines in Vanilla.
  • Planet Creation, a new technology near the bottom of the Expansion tree which enables you to terraform Asteroids into Barren planets.
  • Planet Size Terraforming, new technologies which enable you to increase the size of planets.
  • Gaia Planets and Gaia Terraformation.
  • 62 New Anomalies (116 total) and 4 Tiers of Anomaly Reductions.
  • A new unique planet “Aeterna”, with its own Wonder, Temple and Events.
  • An overhaul of the Diplomatic AI.
  • Coloured Anomalies – No longer included: Developers added this in Vanilla.
  • Coloured Planet Types – making it much easier to distinguish between the different tiers.
  • Coloured Exploitations – making it easier to distinguish between exploitation types.

To download the latest version, please visit the official page on Nexus Mods.

No longer in active development. (It's 11 years old!)

Updated 2 months ago.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 7, 2012, 10:48:32 PM
Had a brief look at it and think it's a good start into modding.

One thing I'd like to suggest:

For the new buildings, I would use icons that are normally not used for buildings in order to prevent having the same icon twice.

For example there are some things that give empire-wide boni which also have an icon. I suggest using these icons.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 7, 2012, 10:52:20 PM
I considered that, but the icons didn't really reflect the building adequately. Whilst playing through, we haven't found a major problem with the duplication smiley: smile Until we can use custom icons for improvements, I'll leave it at this. After that - I'll create custom icons for the improvements which should be much nicer! smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 7, 2012, 11:15:38 PM
Oh, I didn't even know we can't use custom icons for buildings yet. 8[
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 8, 2012, 10:57:56 AM
Aye it's a pity - it would make things a lot nicer for modders. I agree that duplication isn't ideal, but when going through the 'other options' (you can use existing icons in other folders), they just didn't seem right. At least in its current form we recognise them fairly easily.

I am sure they will give us the capability to mod all icons though, as total conversion style mods will completely depend on it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 8, 2012, 1:14:32 PM
EvilTactician introduced me to Endless Space starting with his first mod, I never played vanilla so can't relly comment without being bias.

But needless to say, the mod has not made me any better at the game, I still suck smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 8, 2012, 1:26:06 PM
I believe you started with us with the second version of the predecessor of this public release, that is true smiley: smile

You don't suck, you did fine in your first game (just need more experience) and in the second game we put the AI too hard for a new player. If you noticed, James was struggling on this level as well and he has 170+ hours clocked up. We'll knock it down a bit when Meg joins us as well for another game next week.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 11, 2012, 12:52:15 AM
In some sort of crazy mood I ended up working on this all day. smiley: sleep

Either way, a new version is up:

v1.4.0

• Rebalanced Weapon and Defense Modules
  • Renamed almost all Weapons
  • Added MIRV (swarm) type Missile Weapon

• Launches 5 warheads
    • Takes 2 rounds to reach target (medium speed, only 2 intercept chances)
    • Lower damage than other missile weapons
    • Designed to swarm and overwhelm defenses

• Changed Missile type Missile Weapon

• Launches 2 warheads
    • Takes 3 rounds to reach target (slow speed, 3 intercept chances)
    • Best crit chance of all missile types
    • Less predictable damage due to larger min/max damage range

• Changed Torpedo type Missile Weapon

• Launches 1 warhead
    • Takes 1 round to reach target (fast speed, only 1 intercept chance)
    • Predictable, flat damage output

• Added several dual turret options among the beam weapons

• These have reduced damage per shot to compensate and work great against smaller targets

• Added new Beam Weapon ‘Deathray’
  • Added new Kinetic Weapon ‘Black Hole Generator’
  • New custom icons (which follow the existing design) have been created and included for both, and will be used in a new version as soon as the developers enable this functionality for custom ship modules.
  • Added secondary defense type to the Defense Module types

• Flak deflects the occasional kinetic slug
    • Shields intercept/absorb low level missiles
    • Deflectors deflect/absorb some beam weapon damage
    • These effects are not present on the first 2 levels of each defense module type as they’re intended to provide benefit against a secondary weapon types several tech levels lower than itself.

Full details, screenshots and downloads on the official page. (See original post or signature.)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 11, 2012, 11:00:25 AM
You do know that flak will only ever defend against missile type, shields against beam type and deflectors against kinetic type weapons right?

You can't mix and match defenses.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 12, 2012, 9:54:52 PM
v1.4.1 Released:

• Custom Weapon Icons for the top tier weapons, following existing vanilla design.
  • Custom Icons for all new ‘Orbital’ System Improvements.

0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 14, 2012, 4:32:16 PM
Thank you HumanSpacer. Stay tuned - I have some ideas but need time to work them out. (And am trying to get some actual play time in too!)
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 16, 2012, 9:35:11 AM
Great mod. The coloured anomalies are a great player aid. This feature should really be included in the main game.

Your faster missile speed for torpedoes intrigued me as this can be seen in the animation. Is fast the max speed allowed? I would like to know if it is possible to mod the speed of beam weapons to make them much faster like real lasers.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 16, 2012, 10:13:00 AM
I'm not 100% sure about the following as it's yet to be completely clear. I believe modding the graphics/animations is not yet fully supported. But from what I saw whilst testing if this was even feasible, the speed is dictated by the number of turns a weapon requires to reach its target. Since lasers are already set to 0 turns, I don't think you can make them faster without directly modding the animations/gfx. I would absolutely *love* someone capable of doing so to help me bring this mod further, as one of the main things I'd like to see is different weapons effects and more visible weapon improvement over time. I'm not big on the laser 1 -> laser 2 -> laser 3 with the only distinction being a different colour and higher damage.

Would love to see my 'beam' named weapons cut a proper beam laser across a hull, or a deathray to look like a deathray smiley: biggrin Never mind things like MIRV and Torpedoes. Combat would look epic if weapons looked more varied.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 16, 2012, 3:18:24 PM
EvilTactician wrote:
Combat would look epic if weapons looked more varied.
I agree, but I can assert that this is not user-moddable today.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 16, 2012, 3:24:53 PM
davea wrote:
I agree, but I can assert that this is not user-moddable today.

That's what I thought, as there were no references in the files which indicated otherwise. Pity, really.

Chances that one of the devs gets bored, in a good mood, thinks this is a wonderful idea and graces us with a bunch of new weapon effects are rather slim smiley: wink
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 17, 2012, 2:35:09 PM
That's a shame, maybe when the expansion comes this will be unlocked.

Have you considered modding armour? It would be nice if armour added a little defence against all weapon types in addition to health. A jack of all trades but weaker than specific defences might offer another path for ship design, especially on large ships where auto-repair would be more effective. A nice touch might be to make it less effective against kinetic weapons than missiles and beams due to armour penetration.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Nov 17, 2012, 2:38:19 PM
I considered it, but Armor currently falls under 'Support' modules rather than defense and I didn't want to deviate too much from the vanilla methodology there. This game is still undergoing so many changes that the 'real' mods wont really see the light until we know the exact direction the game is taking with some expansions.

There are a lot of ideas in my head of things that could be done to make things a lot more interesting and in-depth, though!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message