Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space is a turn-based 4X strategy game, covering the space colonization age in the ENDLESS™ Universe. You control every aspect of your civilization as you strive for galactic dominion.

Model Creation Tutorial WIP (3dsmax)

Yes
No
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 6:58:54 AM
Smight wrote:
For those that do not qualifie for student license and don't have 4500€ to spare, I would suggest trying Blender

I Agree, maybe if you are experienced with Blender you can make a Tutorial for Blender.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 7:15:44 AM
Thx brother for the super nice tutorial smiley: wink Maybe it makes my skills a little more then just creating a small cube xD
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 7:39:14 AM
nearly done with unwrapping smiley: biggrin

EDIT

My Frikkin 3dsmax just crashed and i did not save smiley: biggrin i have to redo all the UV Mapping

And now my Recording Software crashed too... after a 1h Recording Session for the UV's.... i cant believe it... -.-
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 1:11:47 PM
xD smiley: wink u have luck brother u have luck smiley: wink at least ur computer still works smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 3:26:06 PM
Finished the Model to use in Endless Space.. but still working on the Tutorial for Unwrapping.. i will try to upload it Tomorrow if i can make it in time..

sry guys.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 6, 2012, 12:54:22 PM
I decided not to redo the final Unwrapping for the Model... since to few actually even watched the Advanced Tutorial. And the Time doing it would not be worth it.

If you guys want to learn 3dsMax unwrapping i suggest u visit www.cgtuts.com there are some Awesome Unwrapping Tutorials there.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 6, 2012, 4:28:46 PM
I'd love you long time if you did that tut please. I'm just about to get off shift and start modeling
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 6, 2012, 10:54:58 PM
iblise wrote:
I'd love you long time if you did that tut please. I'm just about to get off shift and start modeling

i will think about it smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 3, 2012, 4:44:24 AM
Sadi wrote:
You are giving me hope and despairing me at the same time.

Thanks to you I can hope to be able to create 40 uniques models on my own one day but I also learn that it will take a long time to master 3dsmax...

Thank you again. Do not stop your awesome initiative.

just try and try.. practice makes perfect.. and even if it looks like the first simple model.. just try again until you can do it smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 13, 2012, 7:36:20 PM
can you do a tutorial about how to add the ships in ES, because i just finished converting some mass effect ships but im stuck on the xml-text part smiley: frown

oh and for the engine too if possible :P
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 13, 2012, 8:21:49 PM
Cr3d0 wrote:
can you do a tutorial about how to add the ships in ES, because i just finished converting some mass effect ships but im stuck on the xml-text part smiley: frown

oh and for the engine too if possible :P

I will try to do this as soon as possible.. but i have a lot to do for now.. so it will be a while. Refer to the Tutorial by Ravine.. you should be able to get this to work.

Export Model as single OBJ Mesh in 3dsmax with Mat libary. The Ship should have the same facing and Position as the demo one you can download in ravines Thread. Then just add it to the XML same as demo xml. and you are good.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 2, 2012, 1:05:13 PM
Very good tutorials, I'd say A grade, considering I have to read and watch tutorials from my university teachers on 3DS Max every day, Nice work ^__^
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 4, 2012, 5:13:13 PM
As a fairly experienced user of Blender, I would just like to add that you can follow his tutorials remarkably well in Blender. If you're not sure you have what it takes to be a 3D artist, I suggest trying Blender out first before forking out the cash for 3Ds Max.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 14, 2013, 12:11:05 PM
Stealth_Hawk wrote:
As a fairly experienced user of Blender, I would just like to add that you can follow his tutorials remarkably well in Blender. If you're not sure you have what it takes to be a 3D artist, I suggest trying Blender out first before forking out the cash for 3Ds Max.

Any student can get all of Autodesk's software for free. All you need is a school email address for verification.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 5, 2013, 9:22:12 AM
That's great. For students. I'll stick to Blender. Anyway, you've inspired me to try my hand at this, although I'm having problems with the xml side. Either they changed something in the Disharmony update or I'm reading the modding tutorial wrong.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 5, 2014, 11:31:56 AM
Thank you for the great tutorial but it seems you never explained how to import the models in ES :/

(sorry to unearth the thread but its very interresting..)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 1, 2012, 4:56:42 PM

Part 1 of the Advanced Model Tutorial

Part 2 of the Advanced Model Tutorial

That is it for Today.. rest tomorrow.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message