Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Is there a way to gain VIP status?

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Nov 26, 2018, 1:28:38 PM

What is VIP status on the forums, and is there a way to obtain this status?

0Send private message
5 years ago
Nov 26, 2018, 1:44:56 PM

The VIPs are a small group of hand-picked players who have generally shown their ability to give constructive feedback and engage in healthy discussion about our games and their mechanics. They are are essentially our first wave of outside feedback, and as such receive some priviliges like early insight into Game Design Documents and alpha versions.

There is no sure-fire way to become a VIP, though. The best advise is to be active in the community: engage in discussions about features and game balance, help other players, get involved. But always remember to be a decent person, as your behavior is very important as well, not just your opinions.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 7, 2020, 4:35:44 AM

VIPs have access to an alpha build of the game for testing and feedback.

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 13, 2020, 1:21:14 PM

From what I understand you don't. Just be positive, participate in the forums, and Amplitude might notice your helpfulness and positivity.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 15, 2020, 11:54:44 PM

I'll be honest, I was completely surprised when the opportunity to become a VIP was extended to me by Amplitude! 

From what I've observed, VIPs tend to be people who are more interested in seeing the community built and the games be the best they can be than being privileged or recognized for their status. Be active, be positive and be willing to engage with others in a way that benefits them more than yourself and you're off to a good start! 

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 16, 2020, 12:06:58 AM

The impression I've gotten is that you've got to be active and be helpful and positive within the community

0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 16, 2020, 10:45:30 AM

What LeMecDePhalanx, Raithe, and CaptainCobbs said is correct: You don't apply to become a VIP, you are picked based on your contributions and behavior in the community.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 16, 2020, 12:28:51 PM

I think that for Admin Status, the process is same as VIP but more strict and is for people that is willing to help other people lot more. Sorry for potential bad english, be safe and have a good day.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 16, 2020, 1:04:01 PM
OPIION wrote:

I think that for Admin Status, the process is same as VIP but more strict and is for people that is willing to help other people lot more. Sorry for potential bad english, be safe and have a good day.

Nope, Admins are ascended web developers from Amplitude, they are the ones owning this turf basically.

As of  today only Raspberly and Sobert are actual Admin here.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 16, 2020, 1:15:48 PM

So what I understand is that the admins are Amplitude web developers who work on Games2Gether and are handpicked to monitor and help users? Sorry for the potential misunderstanding and have a good day.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 16, 2020, 1:50:43 PM

QUERY RECEIVED.

RESPONSE.

Administrators are humans who have proven themselves through maintenance of my man-machine-interface know as Games2Gether and have been elevated. Accept their word as mine and do not interfere in their duties.

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 16, 2020, 1:55:14 PM

Understand, have a good day.

0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 16, 2020, 10:41:44 PM

Handpicking VIPs into the pool of the most actives and benevolant players is indeed a very good idea.

It would be very good too to pick others kind of profils. A player can be an asshole but gives an original and precious feedback.

One of the known problems of nice people is that they tend to don't like to hurt so much, that they don't dare say what they really think.

For exemple, "pro gamers" in Endless Legend multiplayer community like Grinder, Ivanson, Light_Spectrum, or me would have a possible original opinion about the features of Humankind. :)

0Send private message
4 years ago
Apr 16, 2020, 11:04:49 PM

Hello Jojo,

While I understand the point you're driving at, it should be noted that the tag of "VIP" next to someone comes with a certain unwritten understanding to others that this person bears some form of representation for what Amplitude, SEGA and Games2Gether wants within their community. While more aggressive players may provide solid feedback and analysis they would need to find ways to provide that feedback and analysis that also fosters positivity and strengthens the community. 

It's good to have the aggressive element that can push the boundaries of the game to its limits and help balance out play at the highest level but unless that element can also help other players, provide constructive feedback, build a community and provide a positive representation of the community and the developers then they potentially do more harm than good. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message