Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Civilization Predictions

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Aug 19, 2019, 9:40:26 PM

So there are 60 civilizations in the game. 10 for each era and there are 6 different eras. I wonder what peoples predictions of these will be

I also wonder if certain civilziations will exist in multiple eras.

From the screen shots we can see that the first age which is the bronze age has the Egyptians, Assyrians, Babylonians, Harappans and the Hittites. As well as five others we cannot see

We also know that at some point the Germans are in the game and the Romans

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Aug 19, 2019, 9:51:36 PM

How are they relevent is more interesting.Is Rome just a +10 this or that malus or deeper.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Aug 20, 2019, 4:02:17 AM

It sounds like they would be more than a modifier, but can't know that for sure until we see more. As for Civs I would really like to see the Byzantines represented. Maybe being a defensive cultural play style. 

0Send private message
5 years ago
Aug 20, 2019, 5:56:20 AM

Amplitude has a great knack for asymmetrical factions. The differences between faction playstyles in Endless Legend is one of the biggest things people referred to when comparing it to Civilization. I'm quite interested to see how Amplitude applies this to 60 cultures.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Aug 20, 2019, 6:52:31 AM

It will be interesting to see who is playable in the modern era hopefully my Olmecs arnt forced into a selection of western powers.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Aug 20, 2019, 8:58:38 AM

Yeah i'm trying to think of 10 major modern powers.

1: USA

2: Russia

3: China

4: Germany (Or will the european union be a single one?)

I guess we are going to have to see

0Send private message
5 years ago
Aug 20, 2019, 9:20:40 AM

Personally, I am espacially interested by this one sentence from the presentation : 

Begin as Ancient Egypt, then evolve into the Romans, the Khmers, or perhaps the Vikings—the choice is up to you.

If it means that the players will have big transitions in the gameplay by changing its civilisation, that could be really interesting. Any trade-off like "you were once a very military oriented faction and now you are opening to more cultural ways" could lead the game to be more dynamic than the current gameplay we have in Civ series, with one civ for the whole game.

It is absolutely wrong from a historical accuracy point of view (civilisations were transitionning over long period of time) but could be really fun in games.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Aug 20, 2019, 9:59:41 AM
Kantziko wrote:

Personally, I am espacially interested by this one sentence from the presentation : 

Begin as Ancient Egypt, then evolve into the Romans, the Khmers, or perhaps the Vikings—the choice is up to you.

Me too, the system seems very interesting and it reminds me an old game from Activision "Empires : Dawn of the Modern World. 

In this game you choose one civ among 4 (maybe more) and then, at a future era (III) you choose a new one (exemple : Franks --> France or Germany ; England --> US or UK ; ...) 

It was very cool and it's very good idea to implement a similar system in a 4X. Can't wait to see and play it !

0Send private message
5 years ago
Aug 20, 2019, 4:12:35 PM

The evolution is very exciting in Civ the idea of choice in gameplay was illusionary you choose your civ, choose your victory (which is generally determined by the civ) and then focus purely on that victory anything you did that dint further that was counter productive, being able to evolve combined with the open victory should make the game much more dynamic.

Casworon wrote:

I guess Japan could go on there as a strong cultural/economic player, then maybe somewhere like Brazil? I'm trying to think of places that would cover all the main parts of the world too.

@Arn0d, Yes! I remember that game I thought it was a diamond in the rough a lot of interesting ideas in there. Changing from China to the USSR or the UK as you advanced age was a little jarring but it was very cool how gameplay shifted.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Aug 21, 2019, 5:45:43 AM

Known:

Hittite
Egyptian
Olmec
Babylonians
Assyrians
Harappans
Roman
Greeks
Chinese
Nubians (you see the city Kerma with red pyramids at one point)
Vikings
France
Khmer
Germans

Possibilities:
Since they have the Harrapans as a group unto themselves, it's possible that India will provide more than 1 civilization (thank goodness). They might also provide the Maurya, Cholas, Gupta, Mughals, etc

And while the Chinese were mentioned in some articles, it may also make sense to break them down by dynasty as well.

We see the Olmec, so I expect to see Mayans, Aztecs, and Inca, if not other Meso and South Americans. I do wonder if they will opt for and North American tribes. They can be finicky about how they are represented in media.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Aug 21, 2019, 9:58:10 AM

Does this mean that the maximum amount of players is 10? In the livestream it was mentioned you can pick a culture to prevent others from taking it.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Aug 21, 2019, 10:01:10 AM

I would imagine its 8 players maximum like endless legend. Since that seems to be the game that shares the most with Humankind in terms of design.

Still 10 civs between 8 players is tight. I imagine this would be somthing that is expanded upon with DLC

0Send private message
5 years ago
Aug 21, 2019, 11:38:24 AM

From the cards I think I can see Goths, Sarmatians, Phoencia/Carthage and 2 Chinese dynasties possibly Han and Ming.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Aug 21, 2019, 12:45:03 PM
Casworon wrote:

usa

russia

china

india

european union and/or germany/france/uk

Brazil

japan

korea

or maybe they'll break up eurpean union into nation states in dlcs,10 civs for modern times will be tight,they ll definitely need to expand with dlcs.

But these 7 civs will most definetely be there for modern era in some capacity, since they are the major prominent nation states in respective regions today.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Aug 21, 2019, 5:47:46 PM

If they don't have Sumerians I'll just think they're saving it for an expansion.   Because the Sumerians were a big deal.   

0Send private message
5 years ago
Aug 21, 2019, 6:03:53 PM
MasterofMobius wrote:

From the cards I think I can see Goths, Sarmatians, Phoencia/Carthage and 2 Chinese dynasties possibly Han and Ming.

also cards picks are geography based ... I mean steam picture with egypt upgrade

0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Aug 23, 2019, 9:33:46 AM

I really hope the diplomatic system also takes this into account, as in other civilizations will see how you are evolving too and change how they perceive you. This could make for interesting alliance changes

0Send private message
5 years ago
Aug 23, 2019, 12:01:32 PM
EaglePursuit wrote:

Known:

Hittite
Egyptian
Olmec
Babylonians
Assyrians
Harappans
Roman
Greeks
Chinese
Nubians (you see the city Kerma with red pyramids at one point)
Vikings
France
Khmer
Germans

Possibilities:
Since they have the Harrapans as a group unto themselves, it's possible that India will provide more than 1 civilization (thank goodness). They might also provide the Maurya, Cholas, Gupta, Mughals, etc

And while the Chinese were mentioned in some articles, it may also make sense to break them down by dynasty as well.

We see the Olmec, so I expect to see Mayans, Aztecs, and Inca, if not other Meso and South Americans. I do wonder if they will opt for and North American tribes. They can be finicky about how they are represented in media.

Japanese and Korean units have cameos, too. And the Phoenicians may be in that one ancient-era ship loading screen.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message