logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Stuck in battle during AI's turn

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Dec 23, 2020, 4:46:42 PM
  1. Summary / Title: Stuck in battle during AI's turn
  2. Description: Battle is stuck while AI is supposed to play. 
  3. Steps to Reproduce: Not sure, but i've attached a screnshot while it happened.I tried to relaod the save, and this battle seems to always glitch, until I managed to split the army into two smaller ones. Autobattle ON or OFF didn't change anything.
  4. Reproducibility: 5/5
  5. Expected Behavior: The battle should continue :p

Attachments : Stuck.ctr this savegame should be right were the battle is stuck

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 30, 2020, 2:48:34 PM

Thanks for the report. I can see you made multiple bug report and we thank you for helping us!

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 30, 2020, 5:24:19 PM
Sigmagor wrote:

Thanks for the report. I can see you made multiple bug report and we thank you for helping us!

Ahah, don't worry, I'm a software developer, I know I'll never thanks someone for reporting a bug ;) (but jokes aside, I'm glad to help)

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 24, 2021, 7:32:52 PM
  • Summary / Title: Stuck in battle during AI's turn
  • Description: AI does not move their units, battle cannot proceed. It was a battle which was happening from one turn to another, and I managed to force a surrender on my opponent in the meantime. I tried saving and loading, but the issue persists, only changing which turn the AI stops moving their units. 
  • Steps to Reproduce: I can't be sure if I know to reproduce it, as all other battles (including multi-turn and cancelled by surrender ones) happened without problems.
  • Reproducibility: Once
  • Expected Behavior: Battle should continue or be canceled, allowing the turn to end.

I can provide the save file if that helps.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 25, 2021, 4:12:13 PM
Ran into this as well in the Victor build.
  • Summary / Title: Stuck in batle
  • Description: A battle lasted more than one turn and the game stalls.  The enemy units are stuck on the low ground and never move
  • Steps to Reproduce: Load autosave turn 90.  Finish the turn and the neutrals will attack output.  Setup defensive on flag.  The enemies will deploy on the low ground and be unable to see/attack units causing them to never move.
  • Reproducibility: I am able to reproduce this 100% by reloading the save.  Think the workaround will be to retreat from the battle instead of fighting.
  • Expected Behavior: Enemy units should move or timeout if they are unable to do anything useful.
  • Notes Files provided: Auto save at turn 90.  Stuck at battle at turn 91.
  • Attachments: Save, Screenshots, Logs etc...auto-save 154.ctrStuckBattle.ctr

Looks like none of these save files work anymore
Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 30, 2021, 7:48:05 PM

I also just ran into this in Victor.

The AI attacked me and then remained stuck on "Opponent's Turn" after the deployment phase.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 17, 2021, 10:25:55 PM

I have the same problem execpt its two seperate AI's attacking each other

The only way to fix it is to save and load the game but then it just continues as normal without counting any turns

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 18, 2021, 3:49:00 AM

I can confirm this happening to me 3 times in my current playthrough.  (on about 12-15 battles)
Not exactly sure how, but I manage to fix it each time. But just re-assigning every action. 

I suspect it has to do with that although it seems like all your troops have an action assigned, one might not. 

Not sure if related, but 2 of the 3 times where it happens I have reinforcement joining in. 

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 1:46:28 AM

Also occurring to me, but only during battles with the Mongols. It seemed to occur when I attacked with units that have Grappler/Boarding traits. I'm guessing that the AI sees that it has movement left, but can't take it due to the trait, and so gets frozen.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 21, 2021, 1:39:22 AM

Have this happen several times now in the launched state of the game. 
The first time was actually my very first game in the launched game state. My 2-3 stack Nomab tribes attacking an animal. The animal never started its attack.

Now the last time this happened, I have several armies supporting in a Siege. Clicked "End Deployment", I can not click it again. Nothing else is happening. I can jump out. But Next turn button is stuck on this step.

Me loading up the same turn (70) and start the attack over do nothing different, same problem. 
Me loading up the turn before (69) still in siege, nothing happening. (The image above)
Me loading up turn 68 and do the seige differently works well do get around the problem being stuck. (Did not do the seige on that city first. Changed up my armies movement, attacking different targets)

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message