Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Can we please get some acknowledgement and ETA on when multiplayer will be fixed?

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Aug 27, 2021, 4:39:35 AM

Multiplayer does not work. As evidenced by every single post in this forum. 

This game was sold with working multi-player as a feature. Can we please get an ETA/road-map on when these issues are fixed?

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 27, 2021, 5:55:26 AM

Yes please. We understand the challenges, but an acknowledgment and roadmap would be appreciated. I just came from a dysfunctional MP game. It's really annoying as it feels such a waste of time going for a few tens of rounds and when it gets exciting, it stops working specially with manual battles.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 27, 2021, 6:55:16 AM

Yeah, we had a plan with my mates to do some runs, but with this state of MP its impossible.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 27, 2021, 8:59:23 AM

It's worth clarifying what exactly does not work.

I've played mp just once and had some problems, but cannot say it does not work.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 27, 2021, 10:07:50 AM

Multiplayer works, but  it works horribly and players can not enjoy their game. That is a big problem, that should be fixed.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 27, 2021, 1:00:26 PM
Light_Spectrum wrote:

Multiplayer works, but  it works horribly and players can not enjoy their game. That is a big problem, that should be fixed.

No it doesnt work...it was working beofre the first 2 patches.. then it got broken...  my friend keep getting disconnected on the loading screen...

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 27, 2021, 1:19:49 PM

+1

I agree, not acknowledging the issues or giving an ETA sucks.

I'm happy to give them the time they need as long as I know, that they are working on it.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 27, 2021, 2:52:43 PM
christizzz wrote:
Light_Spectrum wrote:

No it doesnt work...it was working beofre the first 2 patches.. then it got broken...  my friend keep getting disconnected on the loading screen...

This could be due version difference. In the lobby I noticed like ~4 different versions of the game used here and there.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 27, 2021, 3:37:16 PM

For a good chunk of game pass users(myself included) we can't even create or join a multiplayer game, its just "you were forcibly disconnected from the game" and i'v seen people complaining about it since its release day. Some clarity on this would be appreciated. 

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 27, 2021, 4:24:29 PM

The multiplayer is unplayable around 230 turns. The battles are freezing, countinously and its droping out from the game, saying "you lost your internet connection" 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 30, 2021, 7:05:18 PM

Made a thread in General as well since dev's will probably just ignore this section: https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/humankind/forums/168-general/threads/44470-humankind-is-still-unplayable

This is the most annoying part of owning this game.... not being able to play it!

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 30, 2021, 7:31:58 PM

MP was clearly not in focus. Like it was in Civ5 and Civ6 too. Most players playing SP only. And like in Civ, we have the same disconnect issues.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 1, 2021, 8:09:27 AM
VDmitry wrote:
christizzz wrote:
Light_Spectrum wrote:

Multiplayer works, but  it works horribly and players can not enjoy their game. That is a big problem, that should be fixed.

No it doesnt work...it was working beofre the first 2 patches.. then it got broken...  my friend keep getting disconnected on the loading screen...

This could be due version difference. In the lobby I noticed like ~4 different versions of the game used here and there.

Nope, we synchronized versions each and every time we tried. And we had multiple attempts, including Game and PC restarts, each time we tried.

MP worked fine on the day after release. Then the hotfixes killed it. Then beta patch 116 worked again. Then 132 broke it again.

Not that the 'working' versions had no problems, but at least we could get into the game.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 1, 2021, 8:18:53 AM

The patch planned for September should improve multiplayer stability, but I do not have any precise ETA for it yet (though second half of September is far more likely than first, though there may be beta branches similar to the current one.)

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message