Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 24, 2021, 10:26:35 AM

Looking for a simple explanation of that streamers to watch and for how long to unlock the content. 

Also 'streamers' that never stream.... how am I expected to unlock these?

Foiund moments later :D look up.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 24, 2021, 10:54:08 AM

You are not forced to watch Twitch streamers?

if you bought the game you can alreadyd have access to openDev (except if you bought it somewhere else than Steam or Epics)

You can still "watch" with the twitch in background worst case

I personnaly like the Twitch system and from my perspective it was overall well received with Lucy OpenDev

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 24, 2021, 11:20:44 AM

No one is forced to watch Twitch, especially not if you already pre-ordered the game, as you will have OpenDev access already. The only thing gained by watching Twitch are those avatars that you could just choose to ignore. I’d rather not have my game being cluttered up with random streamer avatars anyway …

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 24, 2021, 5:44:31 PM

I will admit that I too was fooled by the announcement at first and thought I needed to make a twitch account.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 25, 2021, 11:26:55 PM

PLEASE!  The Twitch stuff is pointless, and the streamers seem like they aggressively do not care about Humankind because they prioritize about everything before OpenDev.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 26, 2021, 7:55:50 AM

Game won't market itself and cooperating with streamers is a right move for devs. No one is forcing you to watch them though.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 26, 2021, 12:34:23 PM
Sublustris wrote:

Game won't market itself and cooperating with streamers is a right move for devs. No one is forcing you to watch them though.

Normally I would agree, but at the moment the promoted streamers aren't exactly marketing the game either...  According to their schedules, only 3 of the 9 promoted streamers have played Humankind since this OpenDev started, and that timespan even includes 1 of the only 2 weekends during the OpenDev period.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 26, 2021, 12:38:48 PM

I guess they have no obligation, but that doesn't invalidates my point - no one is forcing you, Just play the game.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 26, 2021, 12:46:13 PM
Sublustris wrote:

I guess they have no obligation, but that doesn't invalidates my point - no one is forcing you, Just play the game.

That's fair.  I guess my thought is that if an advertising campaign is centered around having a select group of people promoting a game and only 1/3 of them leap at the opportunity to promote it, then that really doesn't send that positive of a message about the game itself to people who may be unfamiliar with it.  If Amplitude is paying these people extra to be promoted streamers, then they really should be obligated to play a certain number of hours on a certain number of individual days.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 26, 2021, 12:55:22 PM

I might be mistaken, but I think that was campaign for Lucy OpenDev, and for Victor it's just additional opportunity to earn drops, in case streamer is willing to stream.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 26, 2021, 6:17:43 PM

I'd be fine if we could get drops from past streams, which I don't think works. What to do about streamers who stream very little (or not all)? Some of us have lives most of the time...

Agreed that few of the streamers who actually streamed the game seem that enthused about the game. Ineffective marketing.

Time to get new streamers, maybe? He'll, I'd stream 4 hours a night and pitch the game like a champ if you put my likeness in the game, lol.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 26, 2021, 8:18:13 PM
Sublustris wrote:

I might be mistaken, but I think that was campaign for Lucy OpenDev, and for Victor it's just additional opportunity to earn drops, in case streamer is willing to stream.

Pretty sure that that is what's going on.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 26, 2021, 9:41:37 PM
flintlocke wrote:

I'd be fine if we could get drops from past streams, which I don't think works. What to do about streamers who stream very little (or not all)? Some of us have lives most of the time...

Some of past streams drop are already available again. They already said than these drops will be available again after launch. This is not unavailable forever after Victor OpenDev, and there will be always way to get these drops.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 27, 2021, 5:08:41 PM

Most of the avatars where already here since Lucy, so I doubt they had to stream i again, so out of the 3 new 2 already streamed it and only Joueur du Grenier didn't, but he already had other things planned and he is a youtuber first before a streamer, so for this like Spiffing brit i guess it odesnt make too much sense but it s just one avatar you can get otherwise.

The openDev drops are from a lot of other streams who dont have avatars too, ot noly the one with avatars

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 27, 2021, 8:05:42 PM

So basically

Yogscast (TheSpiffingBrit and Lewis)
Joueur_du_Grenier (JdG)
ZeratoR (Zerator)
Quill18 (Quill18)

will not play the game at all during the time of the drop? Why open a campaign without contacting the person/channels that are suppose to have the drop?

This only sheds bad light on the game, if even the promoted players won't play the game at all (I know that some were already available last December, but why include them now)

So weird...

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message