logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Welcome to the Closed Beta

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Jun 11, 2021, 2:37:23 PM

Hello everybody,

And Welcome to the Humankind Closed Beta!

We're thrilled to have you join us for round of testing to improve the balancing, pacing, and experience of Humankind.

I know you're all eager to play, so I'll try to keep this short (but the list of changes at the end of the post is pretty long):

Key Points on OpenDev

• Closed Beta Access - You can gain access to the Closed Beta by pre-purchasing on Steam or Epic Games Store, or through Twitch Drops. Please check the Announcement Blogpost for detailed instructions.
  • Fill out the Survey - Once you finish a game of the Closed Beta, the game will ask you to answer a survey - I know surveys are a lot less interesting than playing Humankind, but please do take a moment to fill out the survey after the scenario. The results of these surveys are vital for our evaluation of the Closed Beta and your discussions in this forum. Note that if you end your game early, you will not see the survey.
  • Share your experience! - The contents of Closed Beta are not under NDA, and because everybody gets to play, we'd love for you to share your experience with the rest of the community: Screenshots, videos, streams...
  • Earn Twitch Drops - Even if you're playing the Closed Beta yourself, you may want to check out a few streams by the content creators we worked with to put them in the game. Check out the How To Earn Twitch Drops for information on how to earn Twitch drops and who has their own avatar. 

A Note on the Organization of These Forums

In order to keep these forums easy to navigate, please take note of the following points:

• Use the Pinned Feedback Threads - There are a couple of topics in particular we want feedback on, so for the sake of keeping the forums easy to navigate, please use the check the pinned feedback threads first to see if you can add your feedback there. Please stick to these threads as much as possible, as concentrating your feedback in a few places will generate a more lively discussion and will also allow us to follow this discussion more effectively.
  • Bug Reporting - If you encounter any bugs, please first check the Known Issues thread. If the bug is not listed, check if somebody else has encountered it in the Bug Reports Section and add to their report, or open a new report if there's no thread yet. When you report a new bug, please always start the thread title with "[Closed Beta]."
  • Trouble Accessing Victor OpenDev - Please check the Troubleshooting post before creating a new thread about your problems.

We look forward to your feedback,

The Amplitude Team

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 1:04:06 AM

I am synced, redeemed the reward, downloaded it in my Steam Library, but whenever I hit play it acts as if it tries to load, but then immediately crashes. Anyone else experiencing this?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 1:06:41 AM

Yes, the same thing is happening to me. It acts like it's loading, a black screen pops up for a second, and then nothing... 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 2:16:29 AM

well i must have deleted Humankind off my steam library so i cant play the closed beta :(

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 3:12:02 AM

Battles are bugged.  when I'm weaker, I'm told I'm stronger.  apparently if I'm stronger I'm told I'm weaker.  when attacking a unit in-battle I'm told I will do a lot of damage and take very little, only it isn't clear at all which unit is who's, so actually I do very little damage to my opponent and I lose my unit.

when I settled my city I didn't get any gains from the ocean (when hovering my outpost next to the ocean).

there was a battle overview that I couldn't interact with, and it stayed on my screen constantly and was very annoying.  I think I also had a unit in the area, so I lost a unit to a bug.

there are not enough warnings for repercussions for choices (actually the tutorial is non-existent).  I saw I was being attacked and was weaker (which probably meant I was stronger), so I retreated, only to find out they were attacking my main city, which I would never have retreated from.

When a unit retreats, it runs to a random place.  that's absolutely dumb.  I don't need my units running further into enemy territory.  let me choose where I want to retreat my units, and if I'm attacking and have to retreat, I should return to where I came from.  GIVE WARNINGS FOR THAT (e.g. do you really want to retreat?)

I tried the science culture start, but I didn't even get that far with the science (I was still behind compared to my era), and I was losing from the start.  The only chance players have at winning is to go territory claiming (maybe territory stealing).  even egyptians may be losing.

romans activated ability was completely bugged, was never able to use it.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 5:35:22 AM

Hi! 

I have bought the game, created G2G account and linked my Steam, downloaded the reward but I can not find it in GeForce Now to start it?

It was said that it comes to cloud.

Anyone could help please?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 6:09:01 AM

i can't even find the down load for the beta even though my rewards says i have it, i am sync on both steam and twitch. but no beta?  if i don't find it by tommorrow might just have to request refund instead

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 7:16:04 AM

The Game crashes on startup despite having more than the recommended specs. The screen goes black for a moment and then it disappears the game is not starting up. What could be the possible cause   ?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 9:04:45 AM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:
Bug Reporting - If you encounter any bugs, please first check the Known Issues thread.

Would it be possible (if not already planned) to have a general thread listing all known issues in this subforum ? 

Currently, a changelog and list of known issues (when available) are split among the different feedback topics, but gathering all of them in a single thread would help us quite a lot, specifically when reporting issues/bugs.

Thanks in advance, cheers !

My bad ! The Known Issue thread is available here : Forums > Bug reports > Closed Beta Known Issues

Cheers !

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 3:19:14 PM

Found it incredibly difficult to actually redeem the beta (via Twitch Drops). Took me at least 20 minutes of searching to find the relevant page. Perhaps update the Twitch Drops Campaign with info on how to actually get access to the beta once you have the drop?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 4:03:58 PM
Scruffman wrote:

Found it incredibly difficult to actually redeem the beta (via Twitch Drops). Took me at least 20 minutes of searching to find the relevant page. Perhaps update the Twitch Drops Campaign with info on how to actually get access to the beta once you have the drop?

same here....It is incredible annoying and hard to get access...I still dont have access to the beta.... unbelievable difficult..... :-(

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 14, 2021, 4:17:41 PM

I have linked my account since the 21st of April, I have gone to my rewards page and there is nothing for me to redeem. Even went to the troubleshooting page and still does not fix my problem.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 15, 2021, 4:08:22 AM
Kaiser86 wrote:

I have linked my account since the 21st of April, I have gone to my rewards page and there is nothing for me to redeem. Even went to the troubleshooting page and still does not fix my problem.

Yeah, same here - nothing to redeem in the rewards page, despite having purchased the game on Steam, linked, refreshed, unlinked and re-linked the account.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 15, 2021, 8:49:52 AM
gfldaven wrote:

i can't even find the down load for the beta even though my rewards says i have it, i am sync on both steam and twitch. but no beta?  if i don't find it by tommorrow might just have to request refund instead

Kaiser86 wrote:

Hello gfldaven and Kaiser86, from what I can see, you unlocked the Reward and the Closed Beta is in your Steam library. Is your issue fixed? :)

FlamingInsect wrote:
Yeah, same here - nothing to redeem in the rewards page, despite having purchased the game on Steam, linked, refreshed, unlinked and re-linked the account.

Hello FlamingInsect, you need to create your profile on Steam and set it as public so that we can know that you preorder Humankind.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 15, 2021, 10:58:25 AM
raspberly wrote:
gfldaven wrote:

Kaiser86 wrote:

Hello gfldaven and Kaiser86, from what I can see, you unlocked the Reward and the Closed Beta is in your Steam library. Is your issue fixed? :)

FlamingInsect wrote:

Hello FlamingInsect, you need to create your profile on Steam and set it as public so that we can know that you preorder Humankind.

I have the same problem as the first 2 guys. I have claimed the beta on twitch but it is not in my rewards here at your page nor I have it on steam.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 15, 2021, 12:52:54 PM
kakosicek wrote:
I have the same problem as the first 2 guys. I have claimed the beta on twitch but it is not in my rewards here at your page nor I have it on steam

Hello :)
Check your private messages, I will send you one to help fixing your issue.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 15, 2021, 1:03:29 PM

Just wanted to say that, all in all, even if there was still a few things here and there, I found this beta generally more fun and more challenging than the Victor Open Dev. (even if it is slightly too short to fully experience the industrial era).

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 15, 2021, 7:36:53 PM

I got the twitch drop and have all of my accounts connected. Do I need to have the game pre-purchased to use the closed beta access? 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 15, 2021, 7:42:20 PM

hello, i've pre-purchased the game during the lucy open dev, played it, but i completely missed the victor opendev, Now I cant find the closed beta link in my reward

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message