Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Aug 17, 2021, 3:59:14 PM

I'm working on a Huge Earth map!

10 players + Europe start.

Installation

Download the file from the page above and extract the attached zip to:

Documents\Humankind\Maps

When starting a new game, go to maps and it should appear there.

TSL

While TSL is impossible, what you can do is assign the historical personalities to the corresponding slots. And you know, maybe every now and then the cultures match with the location! As for the player, it starts in slot 1, but you can make a local private multiplayer game and assign your player on the slot from the map below.

Goals

- The idea is to make a map inspired by Earth, but tweaked to make regions visually interesting, with more cliffs, passes and nice visuals. That said, it should be too far off the real world.

- The Americas work as a New World, no start points there, and no horses.

- Region-wise, the goal is to make every region have something, whether it be a wonder, a luxury or a strategic. It's not a hard rule, of course.
- It has a lot of strategic resources, I want to see how the game plays out with it (especially the AI). Early on you'll get one of each most probably, you'd have to expand to get two, and trade or fight to get 3+ (or explore the whole world).
- Luxuries in the regular map are in the range of 1-4 each, depending on the strength of the bonus, and all 20 luxury types are placed. Some will be all in a region of the world, others all over the globe.
- Right now the editor ignores the slot number when saved, and rearranges the starting positions from bottom to top, left to right. Once it's fixed, the idea is to give different starting positions for player 1. Also make it for 10 players. 

Screenshots

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 17, 2021, 5:24:29 PM

Damn. You were faster than me :P

I'll follow this closely !

As for the starting locations, once we have the the modding tools, it will not be difficult assigning a leader to a specific location

But there will still be the problem that yeah, Beowulf might start where he should, but if he picks the Zhou culture, the immersion will be non-existent ^^

If you don't mind and just want to play on an Earth map, it's enough as is, but if you want to be immersed in your game, you might want to wait for me (or another) to create a "culture lock" mod, where your starting culture/AI leaders will define what you can pick next (Zhou can't go Carthaginians for exemple, you'll be limited to historical/location based cultures)

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 17, 2021, 7:39:26 PM

Yeah, that was a given. Every now and then they do fit. I had Midas as Greeks in one game :D

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 17, 2021, 9:26:33 PM

Will definitely do! I'm waiting for some updates on the editor in order to make the next version =)

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 18, 2021, 3:37:13 AM

Currently it's locked at 8, placed them all in the old world, works quite well.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 18, 2021, 11:27:24 PM

The execution of this is really smart! Cultures might not be possible to map, but I didn't think about mapping personas to certain areas. I hope the modding tools would allow us to create more slots to spawn into. Then something like a capital city system could possibly be established where you could choose to spawn from a list of major urban centers around the world.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 19, 2021, 11:41:52 PM

I'm impressed by what you've achieved, but I'm not a fan of leaving the Americas empty of player starting positions. If an update comes out that allows you to place more starting positions, could you please add at least a couple to the Americas?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 19, 2021, 11:51:15 PM
Tyrannohotep wrote:

I'm impressed by what you've achieved, but I'm not a fan of leaving the Americas empty of player starting positions. If an update comes out that allows you to place more starting positions, could you please add at least a couple to the Americas?

Yeah, most definitely! I'm waiting for the map editor update to make the map a bit more finished, but the idea is to offer a couple of different versions.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 1, 2021, 1:10:13 AM
Second version is up!

- Fixed territory that couldn't be entered in the west NA coast. Hopefully it's correctly the south pole.
- Improved layout of West North America, with better visuals, same for Scandinavia. Thanks for Gedemon for the ideas!
- Tweaked the layout of regions in the Bering Strait and in South East Asia.
- Included South East Asia start for slot 1.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 4, 2021, 9:17:29 AM

Thank you for the low luxury resources version of the map. It is the most fun I have had in Humankind with Stability being a gameplay factor for the first time. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 4, 2021, 6:20:49 PM
Xandrios wrote:

Thank you for the low luxury resources version of the map. It is the most fun I have had in Humankind with Stability being a gameplay factor for the first time. 

You are welcome! And yeah, I think it also creates a much better pace yield-wise. I'll try to make a new version of it once they add a way to see and count the resources on the map. Editing that right now it's a pain.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 16, 2021, 9:09:51 PM
Xandrios wrote:

+1 

Gameplay-wise, it was the best Earth map I've played.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 16, 2021, 9:17:12 PM

Thanks! I'll try to make a version of it in the next update.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message