Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

[ES2] GDD 1 - Background Story of Endless Space 2

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Aug 4, 2015, 2:01:43 AM
I'm looking forward to ES2. I'm hoping I'll be informed when early access starts. I subscribed to the news thingy and put it on my steam wishlist. You can take my money today. smiley: smile
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jul 30, 2015, 8:40:46 PM
Awesome. ES was one of funnest games I played when it came out. Good to see a second in the series.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jul 30, 2015, 8:59:04 PM
MP Beta is starting when? ;-)?

There are not many 4X Games which are playable in MP, Endless Space is a unique perl which is awesome to play with friends.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jul 30, 2015, 9:01:19 PM
EvilDM wrote:
Thats the catch. They are not in ES itself. Ok, that is likely because ES was the first game so there wasn't anything to connect back then.

You're forgetting about the Broken Lord hero and Opbot in ES.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jul 30, 2015, 10:38:05 PM
EvilDM wrote:
I wonder if Amplitude will deepen the connection between Endless Legend and Endless Space or if Vaulters and a bit of lore stays the only thing connecting the Endless games.

To answer my own question, isn't the planet in the trailer Auriga? I am not that fluent with Endless script, but the name of the planet (viewed in the alternate mode) looks like it. And the ship in the trailer is the Gray Owl from the story.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jul 30, 2015, 10:58:16 PM
Looks like it, the illuminated crystal also looks like the power source from Dungeon of the Endless.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jul 30, 2015, 11:05:58 PM
In ES we have the Vaulters, Auriga AND a Broken Lord hero that survived the destruction of Auriga.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jul 30, 2015, 11:15:22 PM
Wow, I can't wait to put my hands on ES 2 <3 <3 <3

In terms of the...board...or map, do you guys keep the original ES hub-like map or move a step towards *something* like tiles in EL? I know it's galaxy or even more outer space than a planet surface, but I'm am really interested in the map itself.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jul 30, 2015, 11:23:36 PM
Oh my god, i just can't wait this game is realeased ^^

Best 4X ever. I just pray the battle system will be more like Endless Space 1 than Endless Legend.

Thank you dudes for your work, i'm really happy now ^^
0Send private message
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jul 31, 2015, 8:58:46 AM
Please Guys, make a good networkcode, so i can play with my friends without reloading all 3-4 rounds because the game went oos again.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Aug 1, 2015, 7:33:01 AM
Hopefully this game will be 64-bit as this will allow much more to be done with the game.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
9 years ago
Aug 2, 2015, 8:25:33 AM
Cheers at Ampltude for returning to their roots trying to improve smiley: smile

I have some flashbacks to "Pushing Ice" when thinking about the Endless, specifically its endgame when things get revealed. I wonder if ES2 will play in the past letting you take control of the Endless themselves filling the void and giving an explanation to how things started. Doesnt matter really, what captivated me in Endless Space was the mixture of mechanics, visuals and options provided.

Seeing how much Amplitude added to Endless Legend makes me believe ES2 will be a totally NEW game not just a copy with a "2" at the end and adds tremdeous anticipation.

Go, Amplitude smiley: wink
0Send private message
9 years ago
Aug 3, 2015, 1:02:44 PM
Based on the lore on the first post, I'm imagining a 'Make/build your own' faction from the ground up ala CivBE?

Either way, can't wait for ES2.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Jul 30, 2015, 7:41:40 PM
One word to this so called ES2 is "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"
0Send private message
0Send private message
9 years ago
Aug 4, 2015, 2:14:23 PM
what I love to see is a better diplomatic system, the current one in both games is pretty basic and rather useless at times especially at the start of the game.

We should allow random generated minor fractions like those found in endless legends to form up a commercial trade route bound commercial resource empire via diplomacy.

Next up is a deep single player quest driven campaign single player mode that makes player direct heros in the game to complete quests and unlock the backend story, the universe now is deep enough to do some Mess effect level stuff, so why not.

lastly interconnected stuff from the other Three game, including ES1, something can be harvested from the saves of each game?

Just random ideas, as I am excited my most played space 4X game now has a follow up that would give GC3 a run for its money
0Send private message
9 years ago
Aug 5, 2015, 7:06:32 AM
I'd like to see this as both a reboot and a continuation. Think about it, Maximilian became the Emperor, but he could not live forever. Courtly intrigue and assassins moving in the shadows has cost the Emperor the life of his eldest son, the one he had hoped would follow his foot steps.

There are others the crown could fall to but to the surprise of the court, Maximilian declares his Granddaughter his Heir. Perhaps he has seen something in her. But she will have enemies of her own.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message