Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

[ES2] GDD 8 - Heroes

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Mar 2, 2016, 6:25:18 AM
Void2258 wrote:
I just hope combat heroes work better than in ES1. It was almost pointless to get them because they were so easily lost and didn't seem to make much of a difference, so you ended up just getting all economic heroes because they were just better and a safer investment.

They did make a very big difference though(From Your ships being literally indestructible or having much better defenses to their ships giving dust when destroyed or getting destroyed much quicker with higher damage) and were only easily lost if you were losing battles completly anyway which shouldn't be the case.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 31, 2016, 5:18:57 PM

Not sure if I deserve that yet, but thanks.

Actually, my main reason for wanting to know is so that I can write the short story for the Unfallen for part 3 of the faction creation contest. Figured I would start early. And this knowledge is important to the lore.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 31, 2016, 4:57:50 PM
carolean7 wrote:

I can't seem to find it anywhere, does each faction start with a hero, like in ES1 or EL? And if yes, are they still connected to the Academy? Thus, at the game's start, 1 was sent to each empire to assist them? And is the same starting hero each game?

Can I answer this, please? I don't know if I can, but I want to.

For what it's worth, I'm a fan of how civil and honest you've been, Carolean7. 

I say make Carolean a VIP! ;)

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 31, 2016, 4:06:53 PM

I can't seem to find it anywhere, does each faction start with a hero, like in ES1 or EL? And if yes, are they still connected to the Academy? Thus, at the game's start, 1 was sent to each empire to assist them? And is the same starting hero each game?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jul 18, 2016, 8:47:00 AM
mobster_san wrote:
A question regarding the Senator assignment: will it essentially remove the hero from the active game (like they do it in Stellaris) or can the hero combine a normal player-assigned role with being a Senator? The way Stellaris handles this is something I find terribly annoying.

Every hero will be affiliated with a political party from the start. They can (or not) represent this party in your senate; if that's the case, they will still be in-game and able to govern a system or command a fleet.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jul 12, 2016, 3:53:02 PM

I doubt we will, simply due to the animation requirements and whatnot. However, in the previous game, Heroes were the easiest thing to mod in to the game, so if the newest one follows suit, you can just snag some photos online, and toss in a few lines in Notepad, and you'll have your new Hero waiting for you.

0Send private message
8 years ago
May 25, 2016, 3:26:57 PM
A question regarding the Senator assignment: will it essentially remove the hero from the active game (like they do it in Stellaris) or can the hero combine a normal player-assigned role with being a Senator? The way Stellaris handles this is something I find terribly annoying.
0Send private message
8 years ago
May 1, 2016, 11:39:17 PM
In Endless Space the system let us pick and choose traits to design our own factions. Could we use a similar system in Endless Space 2 to design our own heroes? Personally, I would love to have Isaac Clarke boosting the Industry of one of my systems or leading a battlefleet to crush the Craver menace!

Oooh, I hope they bring back Burra Techseeker, the Plycenos dude. He was great as an Admininstrator/Corporate, especially if you played Horatio and cloned him 12 times. He was my own personal smiling frog dude who just turned my star systems into unstoppable power houses!
0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Mar 2, 2016, 5:07:27 PM
Void2258 wrote:
I just hope combat heroes work better than in ES1. It was almost pointless to get them because they were so easily lost and didn't seem to make much of a difference, so you ended up just getting all economic heroes because they were just better and a safer investment.

What? Heroes were the best in the first Endless Space. A fleet of well-equipped ships (Tee hee, that rhymed) could expect heavy losses, or not to do anything against a fleet with a Hero in it. The only way you'd lose is if they were utterly outmatched (Old tech vs new, or small fleet versus large), and even then, you wouldn't "lose" the Hero completely, you just couldn't use them for a few turns.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 5, 2016, 11:49:56 AM

What about Lightsaber, will they carry on some? Finaly they get more interesting role in game.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Mar 1, 2016, 9:57:20 PM
0Send private message
8 years ago
Mar 1, 2016, 4:56:17 PM
So I went through the Heroes on the wiki again and on this Sophon' description http://wiki.endless-space.com/academy/hanmharla-gerzi it mentions how the Hero calculated a bunch of stuff to drive off a Craver invasion fleet. Does this mean there'd be more options for effective defense through heroes with like not that efficent as managers adventurer heroes becoming great options for frontier colonies cause they end up being big heroes and driving off enemy fleets like proper adventurers?
0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 3, 2016, 11:03:02 AM
ok. It's no big deal.

Just make it look like you can click the talent tree when you level up. please !
0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 2, 2016, 4:27:27 PM
faguoren wrote:
Please, make real talent trees for heroes... so that you can see what skill is coming next and avoiding missplays.

In ES1, level up interface is a piece of sh*t.

I believe the devs have stated that the EL2 talent trees will be more similar to Endless Legend. We don't know what the interface looks like yet, but I'm assuming we'll be able to see the entire tree from the start.

It also sounds like the skills won't be connected to each other, so that you'll be able to freely pick any skill of a certain level/tier, as long as you've picked one from the previous one.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 2, 2016, 4:02:35 PM
faguoren wrote:
Please, make real talent trees for heroes... so that you can see what skill is coming next and avoiding missplays.

Well you could see the talent tree for the heroes by clicking on their class (Adventurer, Pilot, etc.) but nevertheless the feature was quite hidden away. At least you could see the prerequisites to unlock certain abilities.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 2, 2016, 11:12:08 AM

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 27, 2016, 4:50:29 PM
I'm sure a very early mod will be giving flagships to Heroes. Just seems "right".
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 26, 2016, 9:22:10 PM
Andy_Dandy wrote:
I like the idea the hero participating directly in the battle, but giving them own ships that magically appears for free is a bad design. My sollution would be making the player able to assign a hero to any ship in a fleet, and maximum one hero per fleet. Would be exciting to also design Your own flaggship class for admirals.

I think the thing that makes it unfair is the potential to teleport a hero ship into a fleet all of a sudden, if it is just before a battle on a turn its completely unfair; yet out of a combat situation it doesn't matter much; in any case, I'm not even sure you could transfer a hero to a fleet if the fleet is about to be engaged in the original ES - perhaps you could quickly before either player hits the fight button but that's even more cheesy. Heros having a little fighter sized ship smaller than your smallest ship sounds great; but if its your military hero, the Grand Admiral of your fleet, I feel you should be able to have a cool grand and imposing flagship to command from.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 10, 2016, 8:31:19 PM

I've noticed in a video that some heroes have different types of ships/hulls. Are Ship classes unique to heroes or to their ideology? For example with different heroes get random ship classes? Or will Pacifist ones get a hull type and Militarists get a different one?

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message