Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Release Day Stream: Which faction do you want to see first?

Sophon
Cravers
Lumeris
Vodyani
Vote nowView results
Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Sep 27, 2016, 10:06:00 PM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:

Well, that's all a question of the player and the environment. If you're the only Sophon in a galaxy full of Cravers...

Not to mention that great science leads to great firepower.

I'm really not surprised the Vodyani are taking the lead, though.

It's only because there is no gameplay footage of them yet, unlike the other 3 races.

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 4, 2016, 8:51:24 PM

The stream is still planned for 19:00 to 24:00 CEST, though it may turn out a little shorter due to some health troubles. And if you miss the stream, the VoD should be available on my twitch account afterwards, and I may go ahead an upload it to youtube.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to leave them here so I can answer them.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Oct 4, 2016, 6:41:58 PM

Can I know what time are you going to start? And will it be possible to watch it in the other way if I'll miss the stream?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 28, 2016, 11:55:35 AM

Na, I hadn't specifically stated that I do yet. It is only a footnote on my twitch page at the moment. The existence of the Saturday Stream very much depends on the interest in the Thursday Stream, but so far the interest seems to be good.

There may also be a Friday Stream, but that depends on the GM of my DnD group. If there is, I will announce it here as soon as I know.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 28, 2016, 11:15:55 AM

Ah, I wasn't aware you were doing a Saturday stream, I assumed this was a one-off thing. Mea culpa.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 28, 2016, 10:30:48 AM

Well, the vote says "first" for a reason. But with only four to five hours, we may not get to starting a second game. That would have to wait until my Saturday Stream.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 28, 2016, 10:02:33 AM

Honestly, I'm surprised the Sophon even broke the 20% mark.

As far as their affinity is concerned, the Vodyani are really the stand-out faction so far, so I expected them to win by a landslide. Even though they wouldn't be my first pick, since they can't show off the outpost/colony system.

Why not both? Unless you have specific constraints I'm sure we'd all love to see gameplay regardless of the faction. 

The two biggest features I'm looking forward to see is the diplomacy and senate systems. Curious to see how the Vodyani in particular handles the latter.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 28, 2016, 8:25:49 AM

Honestly, I'm surprised the Sophon even broke the 20% mark.

As far as their affinity is concerned, the Vodyani are really the stand-out faction so far, so I expected them to win by a landslide. Even though they wouldn't be my first pick, since they can't show off the outpost/colony system.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 28, 2016, 6:10:57 AM

Vodayni

Cravers

Lumeris

Sophons

Based on most to least interesting mechanics (although if you can show me something cool enough I feel this list is wrong kudos to you).

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 28, 2016, 12:12:35 AM

I want to see the way Vodyani play because I find that seeing a faction that isn't based on planets but on ships would be interesting. Usually when it's tried it ends poorly because either the faction is gimped too hard, or the ability to move around proves way, way too strong. Also based on the trailer they're my favorite looking ships so far.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 27, 2016, 10:22:49 AM

Hello everybody,

With the release date finally announced, I can finally reveal my plans:

On October 6th, 19:00 - 24:00 CEST, I will be hosting an Endless 2 stream at http://www.twitch.tv/FableScroll

If you want to see the game in action, or ask questions about the game, you know where to find me. (Of course, some answers may be subject to NDA.)

So, vote on which faction you want to see most above, and I hope to see you then.

Important Update:

We have received permission to start publishing videos and streams tomorrow.

Friday, September 30th, 1:15am CEST, I may be hosting a Stream already.  However, since the voting runs until Friday, this Stream will feature the Sophon instead to show more "basic" gameplay first.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 27, 2016, 9:57:48 PM

Hi,

Voted for Voduani. Not my favourite beckground, but they seem to have the most different gameplay and are also new.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 27, 2016, 3:49:48 PM

Sophon.

I like Vodyani very much, but their ship based gameplay is too unique for the first time.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 27, 2016, 12:37:38 PM

Well, commentary on the gameplay, of course. I've got about 80 hours in the VIP build, so there will be:

• General gameplay commentary
  • Explanation of features
  • Answering any question that isn't under NDA
  • And probably quite a bit of bit**ing about anything I would like to see changed or improved.

I also intend to leave some decisions up to the audience. There are, of course, features I want to show, but with smaller decisions the audience can certainly participate. (And in this case "Go to war yes/no?" is probably considered a small decision.)

Very nice...might have to create a Twitch account just to participate. 

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 27, 2016, 12:16:47 PM

Well, that's all a question of the player and the environment. If you're the only Sophon in a galaxy full of Cravers...

Not to mention that great science leads to great firepower.

I'm really not surprised the Vodyani are taking the lead, though.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 27, 2016, 12:01:54 PM

I voted for the Vodyani because :

- having already played ES1, I know the Sophons and Cravers

- I'll play the Lumeris first, so I don't want to be spoiled

- the Vodyani look a bit like the random zealous purifiers faction, so I'm curious about what make them interesting, and they are new. Plus, their designs look cool, so it will be more pleasing to the eyes, and more watchable than a faction like the Sophons who are less likely to have many battles.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 27, 2016, 10:58:22 AM

Well, commentary on the gameplay, of course. I've got about 80 hours in the VIP build, so there will be:

• General gameplay commentary
  • Explanation of features
  • Answering any question that isn't under NDA
  • And probably quite a bit of bit**ing about anything I would like to see changed or improved.

I also intend to leave some decisions up to the audience. There are, of course, features I want to show, but with smaller decisions the audience can certainly participate. (And in this case "Go to war yes/no?" is probably considered a small decision.)

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message