Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

[0.2.0] Update 2 Preview

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Jan 25, 2017, 12:55:40 PM
vahouth wrote:
Luring wrote:

Other then that I hope that now with this great population manager we are getting that the Cravers will be able to eat any population for a bonus food buff! =D It could work like the Horatio's DNA splicing - but instead of a splicing screen, you just eat some non-cravers =D

You'd better believe that's coming!

https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/ideas/147-the-easiest-way-to-get-rid-of-minor-factions-as-a-craver

AWESOME! So happy they greenlit your idea! =D

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 22, 2017, 6:01:03 PM

Research goes too fast which makes titanium and hyperium offensive modules totally useless, horatio ships are way too weak compared to other races ships, the horatio also consume too much food after assimilating another race, besides that its great. 

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 22, 2017, 6:18:59 PM

The new tech tree is really frustrating to navigate in. The thumbnails and symbols in the old tech tree were very good for readability and should be brought into the new tree somehow.  

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 22, 2017, 7:01:28 PM
solrac137 wrote:

Research goes too fast which makes titanium and hyperium offensive modules totally useless, horatio ships are way too weak compared to other races ships, the horatio also consume too much food after assimilating another race, besides that its great. 

I have noticed this as well. In the previous update, they were the expensive stronger versions that you would add to your ships to get an edge over your opponents.

Now, there is no point in even bothering with them because the standard versions, are always higher tier due to the ease with which you can research them.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 22, 2017, 8:27:19 PM
MezzoMax wrote:

I would like to comment on the new tech tree but not on the gameplay side but readability. (The gameplay changes seems interesting, though. Exclusive techs force choices which is good. The Eras didn't make much sense but I was OK with it.)

I know a lot of icons are still placeholders. But the old tech tree had some good pictures/icons and after one game I could easily remember which tech does what based on the pictures alone. With the new tech tree and how it is laid out you had to hide the pictures and replace them with little icons. You can still see the pictures of the correspondant techs as tool tips. 

I was wondering if the tool tips are pin-able.  I  didn't play  around much trying to pin  them, such that i could mouse-over the improvements unlocked by each tech.  If I am not missing a way to pin them, I'm hoping they will be pin-able.

Luckily, I do remember many of the improvements, but it's really hard to plot out a course for research in the current system just by  mousing-over.  And there have been some changes.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 22, 2017, 10:22:22 PM
FuzzyDunlop wrote:

The new tech tree is really frustrating to navigate in. The thumbnails and symbols in the old tech tree were very good for readability and should be brought into the new tree somehow.  

I agree, it's hard to read!

Small icons are nice but very small circles of colours  around them are... Well, between the yellow for orange for industry, red for war, purple for influence, things gets quite messy.

It could help to have drag and drop in the new research queue, because you have to cancel one research, then navigate to another one, click on it, then click on the previous just to insert one research in front of another one (providing this is a 2-stage queue).

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 23, 2017, 1:46:45 PM

The research are currently feels way too fast and when it comes to unlocking new weapons it becomes silly. Before I created my first defending ship I have already reached era 3 weapons. With the sophons ability to research techs one era forward i can research lvl 4 weapons with two researches. 

I think there should be more requirements to reach each new tech era. Perhaps a fixed number Era 1 techs before you can research Era 2 techs. Maybe still with the requirement of at least one tech of the previous Era in the same field. 

There should also be a picture describing each new tech in the new research window, and possibly the same picture can be shown in a new pop up info window for each tech which can be reached in the tech three. More flavor for the win!

Also the already researched techs should light up more. The techs and era rings not available yet should be darker. 

I for one really liked Stellaries tech system (in all other ways i prefer Endless space).  I think it is more interesting to have fewer choices that makes bigger impact.  

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 23, 2017, 2:40:49 PM

Totally loving Horatio (best race so far) and the other things you guys fixed but totally not getting why the choice was made to revert back to the research wheel as used in ES 1 as in my opinion the one used in EL does a way better job and I totally welcomed the effort of putting this into ES 2 as well. To see it gone really made me sad in a way as it's a total clusterfuck to see where you are going with your research, what you picked and where you want to go. If you do want to keep the wheel in (which I'm no fan of but you guys are the creators and must have your reasoning) I'd do the following:

- Change the icons to what the research affects on zooming out similar to what you guys did with EL. For example if you'd zoom out on a research that affects food income you'd see a little  icon.  on influence,  on colonization and a ship  on a new hull, etc.. Doing this will give the player a way more streamlined experience on zooming out and seeing where to go and where it would end up in one glance. 

- Make the path you take more clear as well as when you can advance to a new era.

- Make it go slower and feel more impactful (picking X amount in era 1 before going to era 2 meant you couldn't pick it all up to stay efficient and choices had to be made which was lovely) It's fine if you do it in a full circle but keep this structure (best of ES and EL combined)

Looking forward to the patch being implemented on live. 

Cheers,

- Strawberry

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 24, 2017, 10:10:27 AM

Hi everyone,

Is there also a plan to give each minor faction cultural type their own hero skill tree, as you did for Scavengers and Eusocial?

There is!

Is it normal that the IA Lumeris won the game (economic victory) at turn 87 (normal game pace) ?

Well it's "normal" in the sense that the AI can win using any of the victory conditions (though it doesn't know how to pursue a specific one - yet). However the threshold for economic victory is too low and will be raised.

It could help to have drag and drop in the new research queue

Yes, this is planned!

The research are currently feels way too fast

We're also aware of this and tweaks are incoming.

Cheers!

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 25, 2017, 11:58:39 AM

I am liking most of the changes, but I have to be honest and say that I miss my era's from the technology tree.

Other then that I hope that now with this great population manager we are getting that the Cravers will be able to eat any population for a bonus food buff! =D It could work like the Horatio's DNA splicing - but instead of a splicing screen, you just eat some non-cravers =D

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 25, 2017, 12:39:38 PM
Luring wrote:

You'd better believe that's coming!

https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/ideas/147-the-easiest-way-to-get-rid-of-minor-factions-as-a-craver

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 22, 2017, 2:06:57 PM

I would like to comment on the new tech tree but not on the gameplay side but readability. (The gameplay changes seems interesting, though. Exclusive techs force choices which is good. The Eras didn't make much sense but I was OK with it.)

I know a lot of icons are still placeholders. But the old tech tree had some good pictures/icons and after one game I could easily remember which tech does what based on the pictures alone. With the new tech tree and how it is laid out you had to hide the pictures and replace them with little icons. You can still see the pictures of the correspondant techs as tool tips. At first it seemed worse to read and comprehend. But after a closer look I noticed that these little icons also have color coding. So a specific icon for system improvemnt can be green/food, approval/pink, influence/purple, industry/orange and so on.

I don't know if you will implement the old pictures to be more visible or if this will cluster the tree too much. The color coding is going in the right direction. I guess the whole tree is not final, at least visually.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 26, 2017, 2:16:45 PM

Will the public release of Update 2 be different than the private version?

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 26, 2017, 4:11:20 PM

Lets talk about research speed and the tech tree. I was playing as the Vodyani and on a normal speed game I won a scientific victory in less than 100 turns. The new tech tree looks good and I like the lay out. I liked the EL version of it as well, to me both are good ways of doing it. I really like having to choose between the red linked techs. But, things seem to research too fast. Why would I research advanced weapons when I can more quickly and cheaply unlock a higher tier weapon that uses no strategic resources? I'm thinking there may be more techs added later in development that will slow down the rapid advances through the eras. But for now, things seem very fast.

I also have a few questions. 

Will we be seeing faction specific technologies (other than ships hulls) added to the tech tree or will all faction techs be acquired through quest lines?

Will the Horatio preview version automatically switch to the early access version when the patch is officially rolled out? Or do I have to opt out of the beta to get to the main fork of the game?

Figured this out!

Thanks Amplitude!

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 26, 2017, 4:16:42 PM
cha0sunity wrote:

Lets talk about research speed and the tech tree. I was playing as the Vodyani and on a normal speed game I won a scientific victory in less than 100 turns. The new tech tree looks good and I like the lay out. I liked the EL version of it as well, to me both are good ways of doing it. I really like having to choose between the red linked techs. But, things seem to research too fast. Why would I research advanced weapons when I can more quickly and cheaply unlock a higher tier weapon that uses no strategic resources? I'm thinking there may be more techs added later in development that will slow down the rapid advances through the eras. But for now, things seem very fast.

I also have a few questions. 

Will we be seeing faction specific technologies (other than ships hulls) added to the tech tree or will all faction techs be acquired through quest lines?

Will the Horatio preview version automatically switch to the early access version when the patch is officially rolled out? Or do I have to opt out of the beta to get to the main fork of the game?

Figured this out!

Thanks Amplitude!

Im sure we will get faction specific techs i mean the horatio already have one. 

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 26, 2017, 4:24:11 PM

Faction-specific techs are listed in the update plan. We'll see them in Update 3. 

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 27, 2017, 1:20:15 AM
DevildogFF wrote:

Faction-specific techs are listed in the update plan. We'll see them in Update 3. 

Is update 3 going to include a Major Faction based on the Ecologist ideology? Will the Unfallen still be Pacifists?

Also will we get to see more major factions added after the official release of the game, either through DLCs or Add-ons?

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 27, 2017, 3:49:27 PM
DevildogFF wrote:

Will the public release of Update 2 be different than the private version?

If you compare the release notes, you'll notice we've added / changed a few things, but I believe it was mostly performance improvements / errors fixes and some tweaks for the battle. 

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 27, 2017, 8:19:53 PM

I've noticed some new artworks too, but I could be wrong. 

Awesome update anyway, particularly regarding performance ;)

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message