Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Multiple Glitches after Mac High Sierra Update.

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Oct 11, 2017, 3:08:39 PM

When building a new structure on a system all buildings show up and scrolling is not confined in the box. Same thing happens for quest text, custom faction creation, and Market tab when it displays faction purchase history. Pretty much everything with scrolling. 

The pop-up notifaction screens will most times be opaque and still show the galaxy underneath.

In the science screen the dividing detail lines between tiers and type of science will blink sporatically for 45 seconds plus before coming in.

The hero management skill tree only shows the symbol for the skill and nothing else. This happens most of the time and sometimes will work fine.

Occasionally the population on the worlds are missing.

It seems like the animations for the game are displaying over the borders that are supposed to hide the parts of animation the player shouldn't see.

Please let me know if you need more clarification or additional information from me.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Oct 21, 2017, 2:52:36 PM

I am expierencing the same issues after the High Sierra Update.  

1) the background (dividing detail lines) and the color coding on the science screen completely disapears after flickering.  This makes the science screen unusable.  

2) The pop up notifications are semi-transparent about 60% of the time making it difficult to read the card

3) when the solar system run thru amination occurs it will display all planets with max values...the background for the cards dispalying the values will flicker

4) The long form text for the quests, ect is all over the place....

5)The outpost landing animation stutters, hangs and flickers

6)The diplomacy screen is tilted at a very odd angle...almost like the game doesnt completetly load the graphic.   and none of the buttons work

I have Intel Irs Pro Graphics card, 2.2Ghtz processor, 16GB of Ram.  played the game at all of the different graphics levels and different combinations of resolution.  It doesnt make a difference. 

There is more that is broken but that is what I can think off off the top of my head.  

Generaly the game looks like crap after high sierra... :(

0Send private message
7 years ago
Oct 23, 2017, 2:25:54 PM

Here are screen shots of the issues

Weird Angle of the diplomacy screen

Tranlucent alerts with Text all over the place

Background of the hero sklls does not render making it hard to read and use

Tranlucent alert...hurts the ol eyes

Apparently this tiny Ash Planet is perfect

The bacground of the Technology screen flickers then disapears making it impossible to use

0Send private message
7 years ago
Oct 24, 2017, 3:36:45 PM

Hey :)

That's... wow.. I'll pass it on to the team member in charge of the Mac.

Guys, don't forget all the files mentioned in the Guides so we can help you to the best of our abilities!

Cheers,

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Oct 24, 2017, 5:55:09 PM

I will try to pull the diag files and provide the othe info.  I just have to find it.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Oct 24, 2017, 7:02:38 PM

Diagnostics.zip

The zip file contains Diags and a Save game

here is the system profile 

Hardware Overview:

Model Name:MacBook Pro

Model Identifier:MacBookPro11,4

Processor Name:Intel Core i7

Processor Speed:2.2 GHz

Number of Processors:1

Total Number of Cores:4

L2 Cache (per Core):256 KB

L3 Cache:6 MB

Memory:16 GB

System Software Overview:

System Version:macOS 10.13 (17A405)

Kernel Version:Darwin 17.0.0

Boot Volume:Macintosh HD

Boot Mode:Normal

Secure Virtual Memory:Enabled

System Integrity Protection:Enabled

Time since boot:6 days 4:13

Intel Iris Pro:

Chipset Model:Intel Iris Pro

Type:GPU

Bus:Built-In

VRAM (Dynamic, Max):1536 MB

Vendor:Intel

Device ID:0x0d26

Revision ID:0x0008

Metal:Supported, feature set OSX_GPUFamily1 v2

Displays:

Thunderbolt Display:

Display Type:LCD

Resolution:2560 x 1440

Framebuffer Depth:24-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Display Serial Number:C02R32J6F2GC

Main Display:Yes

Mirror:Off

Online:Yes

Rotation:Supported

Automatically Adjust Brightness:No

Connection Type:DisplayPort

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
6 years ago
Nov 2, 2017, 7:11:57 PM
Akiva wrote:

Try adding '-compat' to the launch options in ES2's properties. It fixes all manner of Mac graphical glitches although the Diplomacy screen still crashes for me. Luckily, I can still conduct diplomacy by engaging with another empire directly. 

This is probably related to the Target Locked update which would explain why the glitches suddenly appeared.

I was digging around in another forum.  This worked and resolved all of my issues! 

0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Jun 22, 2018, 7:18:11 AM

Just bought the game and it still has this problem. Almost asked for refund but adding -compat fixed it. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message