Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Vodyani Ark weapon slots don't visibly fire during battle; missing ship defenses.

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Dec 11, 2017, 12:36:18 AM

Description:

Another person actually filed this under game help, but I ran into it during my current Vodyani game (https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forums/68-game-help/threads/28600-vodyani-ark-won-t-shoot).  Specifically, two of the three weapon slots on the ark do not *visibly* fire during the battle.  However, the damage does show up in the battle report, so I hypothesize that this is just an animation glitch.  Also ran into the ship defenses bug (https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forums/114-bug-reports/threads/28339-ship-defenses-do-not-appear-to-work-for-me).

Steps to Reproduce:

1) Load the saved game.

2) Open the military status screen.

3) Edit the Ark5 ship design.

4) Observe that on the ship design screen, only the basic high-I slugs kinetic module in the rear weapon slot fires during the animation demonstration; the missile module in the center slot and the beam module in the forward slot do not fire.

5) Drag different types of weapon modules into the rear, middle, and forward weapon slots.  Observe that only the rear weapon slot plays an animation when the type of weapon module changes.

6) The pirates at the Octans system should attack the exploration ship which will in turn cause the ark to join the battle.

7) Using the default post-op analysis tactic and with the watch toggle active, commence the fight.

8) Observe that the only firing animation shown by the ark is firing of kinetics from the rear weapon slot; there is no missile firing animation from the center slot nor beam firing animation from the forward slot.

9) Open the advanced battle report.  Toggle off missed shots.

10) Observe that under damage applied (outgoing), there are non-zero values for kinetic, missile, and beam weapons indicating that all three of the ark weapon slots were indeed firing (the exploration ship has no missile module installed).

11) Also observe that under damage received (incoming), there are no entries for hull absorption nor shield absorption even though the ark took all the damage and has 12% hull absorption and 17% shield absorption.

Reproducibility:

5/5

Expected Behavior:

There should be firing animations for all of the weapon modules installed.  Also, there should be non-zero entries for hull absorption and shield absorption on the damage received chart.

Version:

V1.1.0 S5 GOLD-Public via Steam

-HP

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 1, 2018, 11:49:23 PM

I have also run into this issue on my game last night.  My Arks do not show the weapon animations in the configure screen nor in battle.  I have not checked to see if they do damage in combat though.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 18, 2018, 6:28:25 AM

Just got hit by this bug today. My Ark missiles not only did not fire during the battle animation, but they didn't do any damage according to the battle report either. 

Version: V1.1.0 S5 GOLD-Public

I can upload a save as soon as I get back on the computer that has it.

EDIT: vof.sav

Battle at Janus results in Ark missile failure. 

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message