Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

[1.0.5] Preview - Patch Notes

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
May 23, 2017, 7:20:05 PM

Hey everyone,

We've just updated the  preview version of the patch and hope to release it very soon! Thanks  again for all your support and feedback.

How to access this 1.0.5 version:

• Right click on the game in your Steam Library
  • Go to the "Betas" tab
  • Select the Preview2 - 1.0.5 version in the drown-down list

[1.0.5] Patch Notes

[WIP]

• Destroying a gas planet is not going to trigger the cinematic – The FX will be visible in the galaxy view though

[IMPROVEMENTS]

• Added a pop-up to inform players who play on the public 1.0.5 build with an old AMD card to play on the fixAMD branch
  • Added a cinematic for the discovery of the Academy
  • Added a failure tooltip on ships in the fleet list if the Drag'n'Drop between flotillas wasn’t possible
  • Improved the planet destruction tooltip error message
  • Fleets Labels for cargo Ships are now hidden

[UI]

• Changed the custom faction button from "Add" to "Custom Factions"
  • Improved the Game Creation screen to show that the faction portrait is clickable

[FIXES]

• Fixed an issue which can lead to a pending situation during the advance play setup
  • Fixed an issue where the AI could change its name when becoming a Sheredyn or Mezari in the middle of the game
  • Fixed the Unfallen defeat text which was not relevant for the faction
  • Fixed  a multiplayer issue where players remained stuck in the loading screen  after quitting to main menu if they used custom factions created by the  host
  • Fixed the "First to Colonise" Deed to take into account the creation of an outpost 
  • Fixed  an issue where the tutorial pop up automatically reopened instead of  remaining minimized when the player enter a screens and came back
  • Added  a button and label to warn the player that he/she needs to accept  the  Steam Workshop legal agreement because it was impossible to upload  or  update a mod in the game without it
  • Fixed mods not being sorted properly
  • Fixed an issue where the AI DLL wasn’t loading if the path contained special characters
  • Fixed  an issue with the Vodyani Ark when anchoring to a star system with  Guardians (the Ark was broken and couldn’t be used anymore)
  • Fixed the AI status feedback which was not displayed to players in multiplayer (client side)

[BALANCING]

• Fixed Wonder buildings having null cost (this bug was on the 1.0.4 preview 2 build but not before)
  • Fixed the Lumeris buyout improvement "Workers' Campus" being allowed to be built multiple times

[AI]

• Fixed an error that occurred when the game was saved at the beginning of the turn

[OPENGL/ DX10]

• Fixed an issue for Mac players: ground units now appear properly

[QUESTS]

• Fixed  an issue where the Academy quest "Build the Academy" didn't work as  expected, preventing players from reaching the next Academy chapter
  • Fixed and issue where the Academy quest was spawning Pirate fleets instead of the Vodyani fleets as suggested in the lore
  • ENFER ship can be dragged into the hangar in the Sophons main quest

Enjoy!

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 23, 2017, 7:33:07 PM

Ooohhh cool! Awesome work guys, thank you :)

EDIT: I can't seem to find 1.05 in the list of betas. 

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 23, 2017, 7:45:47 PM

Thanks for the quick work! Makes me a proud of owner of this game with teams like you around.

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 23, 2017, 8:25:42 PM

Two beta patches in two days! Eggcellent work, ladies and gents. I'm loving this game and continuing to love the studio culture. One question that I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to. Are these fixes retroactive with old saves? I have the "Build the Academy" quest bug and well... it's the Academy quest, I MUST FINISH.

But yeah, the fixes aren't retroactive, huh?

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 23, 2017, 8:39:47 PM
Ryski wrote:

Ooohhh cool! Awesome work guys, thank you :)

EDIT: I can't seem to find 1.05 in the list of betas. 

It is in the list of betas, and it is called preview2 - 1.05. I am seing it right now in my Steam options

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 23, 2017, 8:40:48 PM
mrbiggs007 wrote:

Two beta patches in two days! Eggcellent work, ladies and gents. I'm loving this game and continuing to love the studio culture. One question that I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to. Are these fixes retroactive with old saves? I have the "Build the Academy" quest bug and well... it's the Academy quest, I MUST FINISH.

But yeah, the fixes aren't retroactive, huh?

I think the saved games should be compatible, unless we have messed something up. When we really create an incompatibility, we usually deprecate the old saved games, which cannot be loaded anymore.

Cheers

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 24, 2017, 12:58:30 AM

I think the saved games should be compatible, unless we have messed something up. When we really create an incompatibility, we usually deprecate the old saved games, which cannot be loaded anymore.

The quest "Build the Academy" remains bugged in my campaign, even a few turns laters 

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 24, 2017, 10:13:28 AM
  • I do have the same issue with the quest of the Academy, it still be present even after discovery.
  • Three of my games are stuck with either an infinite ground combat, infinite space encounter bug, diplomacy transaction not working bug, so I can't go to next step.... More likely an issue with the IA being stuck in background. If I'm even a bit thorough in what I understand of the Diagnostic file, I would say it could be related to the "changing IA name"... as it seems there's one of the players the game can't find...
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 24, 2017, 10:58:53 AM

@Steph'nie

Why you don't put update on steam "RECENT UPDATES"?

Not all members know about this updates and Will make a negative review.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 24, 2017, 11:08:16 AM
Goldy6666 wrote:

@Steph'nie

Because it's not an official update, it's beta preview wich can have some trouble too.

Let them put complete patch note when a fully tested patch will be officially released. ;)

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 24, 2017, 3:54:27 PM
Sarek wrote:
Goldy6666 wrote:

@Steph'nie

Because it's not an official update, it's beta preview wich can have some trouble too.

Let them put complete patch note when a fully tested patch will be officially released. ;)

And because it introduced game breaking bug like AI endless (no pun intended) fight that prevent turn to finish :)

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 24, 2017, 4:16:34 PM
Piruparka wrote:

Another updated just came into my queue. What is this?

same

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message