Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

[Comics discussion] Setting the stage...

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
May 31, 2017, 3:25:03 PM

I love the use of the three colors in the comic.  Good twist on using the play to perform the nefarious deed!

Clearly, the pencil artist worked for hundreds of hours on this! But the writer gets top billing for 400 words?!  

Silly credits hierarchy system!    =)

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 23, 2018, 6:05:17 PM
ColHathi wrote:

Great fifth comic, but as someone a bit thick I'm having trouble seeing what favor the pirate might've asked of the kid at the end?

It feels like he would ask the kid to close his eyes as he would kill him and himself. The situation was that hopeless, it was just a desperate action to avoid pain or future Craver slavery.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Oct 7, 2017, 7:13:07 AM

Great fifth comic, but as someone a bit thick I'm having trouble seeing what favor the pirate might've asked of the kid at the end?

0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 11, 2017, 8:13:01 AM

You want comeuppance because you expect the Endless universe to be fair. It is not. I think we could have fleshed out Gork, Max & Sara a bit more, but within the constraint of 8 pages it would have been very difficult without taking the focus away from Horatio.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 10, 2017, 7:42:47 PM

A bit of a late criticism for the fourth comic but hey fashionably late should be my nickname anyway...

I'm  not sure I like that you brought back characters from dungeon of the  endless only for them to "leave" without having done anything to the  story. I mean it is faithful to the game but really they could have been  no-name mooks and nothing would have been changed. Also I don't think  Horatio should have been able to get out the way he did with everything  getting dropped on him seemingly by pure luck. Ultimately there should  be some comeuppance for his actions. Not saying he needs to fail but at  least some challenge.

But, with that said, all will be forgiven if you add Horatio as a hero for DotE.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 21, 2017, 9:10:59 AM

You can indeed request an Unfallen comic.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 6, 2017, 6:25:06 AM

Can I request an unfallen comic? I think it would make for a more sober tone... or not. Really I just want to learn more about what makes those tree guys tick.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 7, 2017, 1:56:41 PM
Frogsquadron wrote:

It's a cool idea! Not sure if feasible, and how much work that would represent, but for a start, we would probably have to redo the art anyway, just to make sure it stays consistent within the game (the various artists we're working with all have their own style, and these are fairly different from each other)!

I found the featured strip would fit in pretty well into the existing art style of the game, and most of the quest images are already heavily stylied

For full compliance though it would of course need at least a paint job (most of it being black and white)

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 6, 2017, 12:39:28 PM

It's a cool idea! Not sure if feasible, and how much work that would represent, but for a start, we would probably have to redo the art anyway, just to make sure it stays consistent within the game (the various artists we're working with all have their own style, and these are fairly different from each other)!

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 5, 2017, 2:11:49 PM

Nice artwork and addition to the lore

Are these stories going to find their way int othe game perhaps?

It would be aweseom if there was at least a side quest for the affected faction tying into the events described - the existing artwork could be even used for the quest summary since only a few  representtive pic s are needed (quest beginning, and two or three endings per player decision).

Example for the first strip:

Quest: Agressive Merger

Text: detailing the events of the srtip: massacre at the theater...Inportant famaily members found dead...

Player decision:

A: Hunt down the coulprit and prevent the merger (justice served)

B: Destroy the remaining family members demanding justice (liquade assets)

c: Honor the loss of both families and get the coulprit out of the hook to make her a character hero in the game (shows potential)

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 2, 2017, 9:37:39 PM

Congratulations on your work, wonderful comics.

I wonder how is the creative process. Do you receive guidelines about the lore and the factions and them build from there?

If response is positive do you believe that we may see the Endless universe in other media such as books and animations?

Best regards!

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 1, 2017, 9:35:40 PM

I find it interesting to consider the possibility that the Lumeris are the humanity analogue of the setting in terms of genetics or culture or similar... and the Mezari and descendants, in fact, are only superficially similar to humans. 

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 1, 2017, 3:08:18 PM

This is nice, I like the art style a lot. Only gripe I have was how short it was. Theme was good, very fitting for the Lumeri. Brutal underground power struggle well presented.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for these. Good stuff, keep it up!

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 1, 2017, 1:30:40 PM
arkel88 wrote:

Hi guys,

I am the lead editor on this project. Thanks a lot for your feedback :)

The Lumeris comics is the first one of many more to come. We will release the United Empire comics next week (and the other factions will follow).

If you want to have a glimpse of who the artist is, I invite you to check these pages!

United Empire!!! OMG then I'm waiting so much for that one :D The art is amazing, Thank you so much.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 1, 2017, 1:22:30 PM

Hi guys,

I am the lead editor on this project. Thanks a lot for your feedback :)

The Lumeris comics is the first one of many more to come. We will release the United Empire comics next week (and the other factions will follow).

If you want to have a glimpse of who the artist is, I invite you to check these pages!

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
May 31, 2017, 10:02:44 PM

I am personally not a huge fan of comics, but I love every addition to the Endless universe, so keep them coming!

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 31, 2017, 6:02:44 PM

Neat story, neat art. It is a little odd though that the Lumeris use mostly human fashion here, given your studio's strong aesthetics streak. Can you tell us when the next one will be up?

0Send private message
7 years ago
May 31, 2017, 3:17:24 PM

Have you seen the latest addition to our Wiki?  In this first installment of a series of comics set in the Endless  Universe, two Lumeris underfamilies vie for power the only way they  know: through deception and treachery.

Check it out and let us know what you think!

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message