Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

[PREVIEW BRANCH] Change log 1.0.11

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Jun 9, 2017, 8:39:01 AM
Keilun wrote:

Unfortunately for me and my partner, we experienced our first desync on this preview patch (1.0.11) by turn 5 and our second desync by turn 15. It always seems to happen while resolving an end turn.

That said, I was being hopeful though so I wasn't being as cautious as I was in 1.0.5 with the things I would do to prevent desyncs. Specifically, in 1.0.5, as host, I would never end turn until my partner ended her turn first. The reasoning behind that strategy was that I found that if I happened to be in a screen or panning the view when she ended her turn and the AI started to compute their turns, it almost always resulted in a desync. By waiting for my partner to finish first, I could click end turn and just not touch anything while it computed the end turn. That seemed to help us dodge a good number of desyncs. In 1.0.5, it certainly felt like we didn't receive desyncs til around turn 30ish, so its hard for us to gauge if there was any improvement at all on the desync front with this preview patch.

Please head this way and help us pinpoint the outlying desyncs: https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forum/114-bug-reports/thread/25086-tester-s-guide-addendum-multiplayer-desyncs

Thanks!

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 13, 2017, 4:10:04 AM

Just FYI, the New Colony Industrialist law is still applying its +25 happiness bonus only to the local system.

After reading the flavor text for the tooltip, it's pretty obvious this is supposed to be applying empire-wide.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 12, 2017, 11:21:08 PM

Any word on fixing the Empire quest to not change you away from a custom empire if you are one and pick the "imperial" default?

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 11, 2017, 12:44:00 AM

Here's another desync, this time on turn 1.

1. My partner ended turn 1.

2. I ended turn 1.

3. Immediate desync as it started to compute the turn.

The only real difference with this save versus the previous games is that this is a colossal galaxy size with 8 players (2 human, 6 AI) and a dense galaxy.

Since it happened on turn 1, I don't really have a save file for the turn prior, only the auto save that was generated for turn 1.

AutoSave 707.zip

DesyncReport.001.a8f093ff-cf70-4245-ad8b-01cddcb9f590.zip

Diagnostics - 2017'06'10 @2030'49''.zip

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 10, 2017, 12:38:23 AM

Ok, I have a desync (turn 32) with the save files this time. I included 3 autosave files (Turn 31, Turn 32 and Turn 33)

The desync occurred with the following sequence of events:

1. I ended my turn and waited for my partner to end her turn.

2. While the turn was ended, I was inspecting my colony.

3. I decided to add the money building from AstroFinancing to the queue at the same time she ended her turn.

4. Immediate desync on clicking on the money building to add to the queue.

SaveFiles.desync.032.zip

DesyncReport.032.0e003802-6cfd-4cf6-8346-efd333cf8494.zip

Diagnostics - 2017'06'09 @1925'00''.zip

I recall Endless Legend had the same desync issue early on when trying to modify the construction queue during an end turn event. Perhaps it's the same issue here? In any case, hope this helps. I'll post again if I find another desync with different repro steps.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 9, 2017, 8:09:16 PM
MidnightSun wrote:

The Pacific was so named because it was peaceful. It's the right word if a little archaic, so maybe "peaceful conversion" would be better.

Ah.  I had failed to consider the older version of the word!

I agree "peaceful conversion" would be easier to consume.

adjective

adjective: pacific; adjective: Pacific

1. 1
    peaceful in character or intent."a pacific gesture"
    synonyms:peace-loving, peaceable, pacifist, nonviolent, nonaggressive, nonbelligerent, unwarlike, antiwar More"a pacific community"conciliatory, peacemaking, placatory, propitiatory, appeasing, mollifying, mediatory, dovish; formalirenic "their pacific intentions"
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 9, 2017, 3:01:22 PM
Vredefort wrote:

I've downloaded the beta patch and definitely running the preview 1.0.11 and the happiness bonus to science and dust still isn't working properly.  Am I missing something?

Same here!

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 9, 2017, 3:00:25 PM
NovaBlazer wrote:

Pacific is an ocean. 

Pacifist is a belief system.

This issue is in game tool tips as well as in these notes.  Unless the Unfallen are changing things into an ocean, I think you are wanting to select Pacifist.  ;)

The Pacific was so named because it was peaceful. It's the right word if a little archaic, so maybe "peaceful conversion" would be better.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 9, 2017, 2:53:15 PM
WeaponizedCaffeine wrote:

Hi Keilun,

We're surprised to hear you're getting Desyncs this early in game, could you please provide us with the corresponding Desync folders, Diagnostics files and save files? That would be very helpful for us to find the cause of the issue.

If you're unsure how to find these files, here's a Guide that contains all the information you need!

Thank you for your report :)

Cheers,

Unfortunately I don't have a save for our desync, but we'll be playing another session tonight resuming our save so when it happens again, I'll mark that autosave and add it here. That said, I do have my desync dump and diagnostic file for the session last night. Attached here.

DesyncReport.008.8f2b9a7f-d8fd-46a1-8be2-7569445de5f8.zip

Diagnostics - 2017'06'08 @2022'31''.zip

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 9, 2017, 2:47:22 PM
Frogsquadron wrote:

[FIXES]

• Fixed an issue where the pacific Conversion icon didn't appear on the colonized systems after the Unfallen entwine them

Pacific is an ocean. 

Pacifist is a belief system.

This issue is in game tool tips as well as in these notes.  Unless the Unfallen are changing things into an ocean, I think you are wanting to select Pacifist.  ;)

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 9, 2017, 2:32:42 PM
SuperMarloWorld wrote:
  • Lowered growth rate of population for Major factions by 50%

If i understood well, it's a major balacing patch just because of that O_O

In fact, no. It was a typo :(

http://steamcommunity.com/app/392110/

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 9, 2017, 9:28:41 AM

Thanks, I'll pass this on.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 9, 2017, 9:05:23 AM

infinite turn pending @ turn 51 in our 8player mp game. after that we couldnt load the save (not even turn 47,48,49,50) , whole game is lost. i ll try to find the save , but it seems its not in my folder, maybe because its autosave

something was happening with space/ground battle.it said i am in encounter , but i did not see that on the screen. all i had is a fleet which cannot attack because "space battles is already going on in this system"

there were 3 fleets in the minor faction system:

mine (Cravers)

pirates

another player's

i cant produce a screenshot because i am unable to load the save

EDIT:  i think this is the save AutoSave 1911.zip 

this is the diagnostic file i think* :  https://files.fm/u/app2s9hh#_

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 8, 2017, 4:29:13 PM

How to access this 1.0.11 preview branch:

• Right click on the game in your Steam Library
  • Go to the "Betas" tab
  • Select the preview(1.0.11) version in the drown-down list

CHANGE LOG 1.0.11

[AI]

• Added more accurate handling of ship design and strategic resources for hulls and advanced slots
  • Unfallen will not detect your system as theirs in regards to trespassing anymore when they have rooted it
  • Added a failsafe to allow the AI to keep making decisions if it enters a stuck state
  • Removed lifeforce compensation for easier AIs
  • Quest armies no longer try to roam outside of the assigned constellation, causing them to get stuck (Pb was visible in Cravers Quest Of Our Own Brood - Part 1). Now the Quest armies continue to roam in their own constellation
  • The AI no longer spams mood messages
  • The AI now retreats less frequently
  • Fixed AI refusing map sharing after having hinted at it with a mood message
  • The AI will now check it is not at war with the player before going for an opportunistic war

[PERFORMANCE]

• The technology helper is now active only for human players making the end turn less long

[FIXES]

• Fixed an issue where events and Academy quests had missing texts
  • Fixed a problem in some broken saves due to outpost migration
  • Fixed issues where the depletion was broken depending of game speed
  • Fixed an issue on the victory stats screen where the stats displayed were broken
  • Fixed Rebellion value not being saved when a Vodyani ark detaches/reattaches
  • Fixed an issue where the Pacifist Conversion icon didn't appear on the colonized systems after the Unfallen entwine them
  • Fixed the faction displayed in the save files list
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible to queue multiple terraformation actions for the same planet
  • Fixed an issue where the "Probe instructions" were still active after opening a Game Menu sub screen
  • Fixed some bleeding text
  • Fixed tooltip for science, economic and wonder victories
  • Fixed empire swap in diplomacy screen when in alliance (sometimes, the sector shows the Unknown (?) state instead of the correct diplomatic state between the inspected empire and your alliance)
  • Fixed infinite buildings auto replacement causing issues
  • Fixed Vodyani system capture causing errors in rare cases
  • Fixed issue with metaplot achievement, they now work as intended
  • Fixed Unique Planets not getting the destroyed planet visual
  • Fixed Game Creation Screen messed up in some resolution
  • Fixed new game Multiplayer Join button missing translation
  • Fixed ground battle infinite turn
  • Fixed 'Blockade Breakers' trait not working
  • Fixed Guardian curiosities being triggered on Vodyani systems
  • Fixed siege status not updating when the diplomatic relation with the node influence owner changed
  • Fixed Vodyani leechers behaving incorrectly on systems with low population
  • Fixed an error with RiftBorn Carriers stuck warping into battle
  • Fixed the victory progression feedbacks for Wonder victory in the Empire screen and take into account alliances
  • Fixed anarchy duration estimation in Government Selection screen
  • Fixed Unfallen systems becoming unentwined after a successful invasion
  • Fixed the 'Implant Beacon' action canceling itself on Lost star systems
  • Fixed a bug where the button for loading the last mods were enabled even if it contained missing mods, causing the game to crash if the user used the feature
  • Fixed a infinite turn caused by fleets which couldn't be sold by the baillif when in orbit
  • Effects of the starting technologies are now displayed in their tooltips
  • Loading a save game while the Client is in the space battle loading screen no longer results in a stuck state
  • The minor faction influence bar is no longer inconsistent with the current diplomatic relation after using the Cease Fire action
  • Arrow keys are now functional in the "System management" or "Planet" scan views
  • The user is now able to use the Destroy Planet action in his own influence area
  • Laws can no longer be abolished on the same turn they were passed
  • Exiting to Desktop menu option no longer takes the user to the title screen instead of the Desktop
  • User cannot take over Unfallen systems using Pacifist Conversion
  • Dust, Influence and Manpower now display accurate values in there tooltip
  • United Empire Chapter 3. No Turning Back Icons are no longer cut off at the top in the Quest panel
  • Fixed the war exhaustion trend which was not working with game speed
  • Fixed an issue where activatated a mod and try to change the victories option wasn't working
  • Fixed several flow problems at the end of the game in multiplayer:
    •   The client now handles the host disconnection better
    •   The end game videos are launched after the game is done unloading (to avoid odd behaviors like the video being launched twice)

[BALANCING]

• Fixed Ace/Lousy Senator traits effect on Election Actions costs
  • Fixed Optimal Defense I, II and Sub-Optimal Defense traits not affecting ships' maximum health
  • Fixed the missing lava colonization for custom timelords
  • now the system with the academy will at least have 2 planets in order to be colonized
  • Fixed an issue where the Stage 2 Science & Exploration deed was giving a stage 5 Luxury reward
  • Fixed a weapon short range issue
  • Fixed Endless Research Park happiness bonus displayed as coming from Obelisk of All Space-Time
  • Cravers' third population collection bonus is now functional
  • Fixed "Deadly Intent Bill" Law not increasing Weapon modules damage correctly
  • Fixed "Mine's Bigger Decree" Law not increasing Weapon modules damage correctly
  • Gargantuan Populations now impact System Growth rather than Net System Growth for a more consistent behavior
  • Changed cost of the Blockade Breakers faction trait from 25 to 15
  • Scrapping now gives a very small amount of Dust (1% of Industry cost)
  • Reduced base value for ship sales
  • Fixed feedback of the Cravers Hero skill "Endless Consumption"
  • Fixed approval level of Empire not affecting Empire Dust & Science
  • "Endless Research Parks and Endless World" now applies bonuses to Empire
  • Fixed prerequisite for Map Sharing now properly available in Cold War & Peace
  • FIxed an issue where the hero prices sometimes fall to 0
  • Deposits are now forbidden on Destroyed planets
  • Fixed Wonder quantity based on galaxy size
  • Dense atmosphere are now forbidden on Barren planets
  • Refined the experience threshold to fit with the name associated to the experience level
  • Updated constraints for neutral laws to fit with the new experience threshold
  • Minor factions on their home systems will now grow twice as slowly
  • Increased resource cost of the System Modernization
  • Fixed the primary trait Extreme Foremen not working in certain custom faction cases
  • Fixed custom faction with Lumeris visual affinity being unable to build or create Colonizer ships
  • Fixed Ship Bound custom factions with Lumeris visual affinity not being able to produce more Arks
  • Fixed Ship Bound factions starting with no colonizable planets
  • Starting on a planet now allows the player to colonize all planets of this type

[UI]

• Synchronized the AI states for clients in order to update correctly the end turn tooltip in multiplayer games
  • Added a non-blocking message window, used when the host leaves or returns to lobby, so that the client starts returning to the lobby without waiting for the player to validate
  • Fixed the objective tooltip in Notifications Deeds
  • Fixed some tooltips in the Custom Faction screen
  • Fixed tooltips in Empire Screen for Science, Economic and Wonder victories

[QUEST]

• The Quest Flight of Prototype (Minor Faction Quest) displayed a placeholder name
  • Vodyani are now able to achieve the competitive quest Founders Keepers
  • Added effects feedbacks on Unfallen last Rewards Fireforming and Heart's Embrace
  • Inverted the two rewards of the Chapter 2 of the Riftborn Faction > A Rebuke From High
  • Objective of Chapter 4. Who are we ? (Time Lord Faction Quest) was too difficult. Its new objective is "pass X Ecologist laws" instead of a required amount of support of the ecologist ideology in the Senate
  • Lumeris Main Quest Chapter 2. A Matter of Influence Part 1 > the objective wasn't well communicated. New Objective: C1:  reach 20% Industrialist score in X Systems / C2:  reach 20% Ecologist score in X Systems
  • In the Vodyani Chapter 4. Hope in Heresy Part 1, destroying 3 planets was too difficult. The player must now destroy 2 planets
  • A hidden quest track if the player find Sykagoja planet. If they finds it, the quest Cartographer request will not be triggered
  • If the player finds the planet Sykagoja while doing the Cartographer Request Quest, then the quest fails

[DESYNCS]

• Improved guard action so it is more reliable and causes less desyncs
  • Fixed a desync related to prime senator during hot join
  • Fixed a Fleet visibility desync
  • Desync Population Collection Bonus : Population Collection Bonus is now being applied
  • Fixed rare desync on guard
  • Fixed guard being canceled when there is only one fleet doing it and it attacks an enemy
  • Fixed automated ships being able to drop even if they were attacked
  • Fixed Dust global production computation
  • Fixed desyncs due to the outpost

[TUTORIAL]

• Updated the tutorial to allow to build the Wonder Victory
  • Fixed Academy discovery not working in beginner tutorial

[IMPROVEMENTS]

• Added an initial random rotation to each planet in the system management view
  • Players (not only the host) in a multiplayer session can now save the game
  • Added two Minor Faction notifications (Suzerain Changed and Under Influence)
  • Added feedback in the report notification and advance report screens
    • The user was not informed about the resources won in a space battle  
    • Added a feedback when the opponent retreats

[GALAXY GENERATION]

• Added constraints on deposit / anomaly placement to avoid duplicate elements on the same planets and more than 2 of an element
  • Added a constraint to have at least 1 quantity of lux / strat deposits

[MISC]

• Updated credits
Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 9, 2017, 8:26:54 AM

Hi Keilun,

We're surprised to hear you're getting Desyncs this early in game, could you please provide us with the corresponding Desync folders, Diagnostics files and save files? That would be very helpful for us to find the cause of the issue.

If you're unsure how to find these files, here's a Guide that contains all the information you need!

Thank you for your report :)

Cheers,

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 9, 2017, 3:51:38 AM

Unfortunately for me and my partner, we experienced our first desync on this preview patch (1.0.11) by turn 5 and our second desync by turn 15. It always seems to happen while resolving an end turn.

That said, I was being hopeful though so I wasn't being as cautious as I was in 1.0.5 with the things I would do to prevent desyncs. Specifically, in 1.0.5, as host, I would never end turn until my partner ended her turn first. The reasoning behind that strategy was that I found that if I happened to be in a screen or panning the view when she ended her turn and the AI started to compute their turns, it almost always resulted in a desync. By waiting for my partner to finish first, I could click end turn and just not touch anything while it computed the end turn. That seemed to help us dodge a good number of desyncs. In 1.0.5, it certainly felt like we didn't receive desyncs til around turn 30ish, so its hard for us to gauge if there was any improvement at all on the desync front with this preview patch.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 8, 2017, 10:20:48 PM

I've downloaded the beta patch and definitely running the preview 1.0.11 and the happiness bonus to science and dust still isn't working properly.  Am I missing something?

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message