Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Some question about timelife (Vaulters DLC spoilers)

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Jan 28, 2018, 8:17:06 PM

So, as i understood heroes are immortal. But why Zolya's daugher was alive around millenia ago Argosy left Auriga? I dont think that she was a cool dustuser like Heretic, Bruno or Kinete.

Are every creature in endless universe immortal because of dust impact?
And talking about heroes, how old is Kinete, Heretic and Vodyani population? 1 thousand years? 2? 7?

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 28, 2018, 9:25:19 PM

I was wondering that too...

In the Intro, Opbot said they traveled centuries.

The quest-text says millennials.

I think the latter is an error in the writing...

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 28, 2018, 10:20:55 PM

Another possibility is that centuries passed after the explosion that was fatal to the Argosy until Opbot lose all power and go to sleep.

Then they are again awaken but millenias were lost before the argosy boot up again.

Just a thought.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 28, 2018, 11:28:21 PM
Mehodwor wrote:

Another possibility is that centuries passed after the explosion that was fatal to the Argosy until Opbot lose all power and go to sleep.

Then they are again awaken but millenias were lost before the argosy boot up again.

Just a thought.

I find that rather unlikely, as cryogenic units will not function without power. I'd say that time dilation is the only explanation that makes sense. In fact, to be able to get to another star within a few centuries would require the Argosy to be moving a high percentage of the speed of light. 

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 28, 2018, 11:48:28 PM

I recall there was a mention of them finding something related to Endless that helped them survive and leave Auriga. I assume perhaps the Endless tech "upgraded" them? Lengthened their lifespan or something? I too would like some clarification, as it felt so sudden without any explanation.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 29, 2018, 12:52:00 AM

There were roughly a thousand years from their departure to their awakening so when Opbot says centuries he probably meant closer to millennia. 

The Zolyas (both the Mezari and Vaulter ones) are probably immortal, or extremely long living, and this could be due to genetics and/or a special connection to dust. 

(for example, Zelevas no longer ages due to Dust use and Horatio altered his genes to become practically immortal and one or both of these things may have happened to the Zolya clan, which was near mythical in the former Mezari Empire) 

I doubt every creature in the Endless Universe is immortal b/c of dust use, but there are a select few that are either immortal or have extremely extended lives due to their connection to dust. 

The Vodyani don't age b/c they're virtualized into suits of armor, and so they can range from being decades to centuries old. Some are probably a thousand or two. 

Kinete Muldaur  is most likely 500+ years, since she's one of the last surviving (canonic) Mezari, while the Heretic is probably one of the oldest Vodyani, maybe around a thousand+ years since he was the Hierarch before Isyara St. Shaid. 

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 29, 2018, 3:41:20 AM
Suis3i wrote:

There were roughly a thousand years from their departure to their awakening so when Opbot says centuries he probably meant closer to millennia. 

The Zolyas (both the Mezari and Vaulter ones) are probably immortal, or extremely long living, and this could be due to genetics and/or a special connection to dust. 

(for example, Zelevas no longer ages due to Dust use and Horatio altered his genes to become practically immortal and one or both of these things may have happened to the Zolya clan, which was near mythical in the former Mezari Empire) 

I doubt every creature in the Endless Universe is immortal b/c of dust use, but there are a select few that are either immortal or have extremely extended lives due to their connection to dust. 

The Vodyani don't age b/c they're virtualized into suits of armor, and so they can range from being decades to centuries old. Some are probably a thousand or two. 

Kinete Muldaur  is most likely 500+ years, since she's one of the last surviving (canonic) Mezari, while the Heretic is probably one of the oldest Vodyani, maybe around a thousand+ years since he was the Hierarch before Isyara St. Shaid. 

Thanks a lot for you answer!
But why do you think that Kinete Muldaur is 500+ years old? She and Heretic have founded the academy, of course she can me 500-700 years old, but according to start of the vodyani civilisation, is can be around 3000-7000 years. They might be the first, or the second who left their home planet, because they were lucky and they did not have to think about their tech level.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 29, 2018, 9:10:47 AM
SaintIndus wrote:
Suis3i wrote:

Thanks a lot for you answer!
But why do you think that Kinete Muldaur is 500+ years old? She and Heretic have founded the academy, of course she can me 500-700 years old, but according to start of the vodyani civilisation, is can be around 3000-7000 years. They might be the first, or the second who left their home planet, because they were lucky and they did not have to think about their tech level.

I think she's roughly 500+ years old for a few reasons. 

On another thread, we discussed the Lost/Heretic voice found in many of the trailers as well as the Dust Crystals (like the one found on the Argosy). 

It seems that a certain Lost placed those crystals on multiple different planets, hoping to spur certain species to the stars and advance those civilizations. 

This would happen around the time of the Success's and/or Argosy's landing on Auriga (roughly 1000-2000 years prior to EL2). The Vodyani would also have access to one such crystal, and with that and other Endless tech, they end up virtualizing themselves (see Vodyani Prologue). I'm gonna assume that the Vodyani aren't 3000-7000 years old for a number of reasons. 1. Is the Dust Crystal reason, another is that the intro to the Vodyani, the guy talking after the Prologue; speaks how the Heretics rebellion was several centuries prior to ES2 but that the wounds have only recently healed. That implies that the Heretics rebellion, along with the founding of the Academy was less than 1000 years ago. On top of that, the Heretics rebellion wouldn't have been wildly successful unless the Vodyani had only recently virtualized themselves (within a few centuries; also see Vodyani Prologue). Furthermore, the Mezari Empire died within the last 1000-2000 years (due to the timing of Horatios Empire/the Vaulter civilization appearing on Auriga from the remnants of multiple Mezari colonization attempts; Success, Argosy, Unnamed EL canonic 3rd attempt), the creation of the Tikanan (who were born from captivity at a human colony/probably Mezari and are less than a few centuries or even decades old) and the relatively recent birth of the UE empire from the Mezari settlers. So Kinete Muldaur, who as a Mezari, would have to be 1000 years old or less (since it doesn't make logical sense for the Mezari Empire to die 2000-1000 years ago and is more likely it happened 500years-present b/c of the UE/Tikanan/etc, and since the Mezari don't naturally live long (with the exception of the Zolya Clan), she would only have started living a long time with the help of Dust; presumably after meeting the Heretic (who happens to have a lot of Dust), and since she's a founder this would put her at 500 years-ish. 

None of this is confirmed by the way, it's just how I've thought through this and what I think is the most logical choice lol

0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 14, 2018, 2:21:34 PM
Suis3i wrote:
SaintIndus wrote:
Suis3i wrote:

... But why do you think that Kinete Muldaur is 500+ years old? She and Heretic have founded the academy, of course she can me 500-700 years old, but according to start of the vodyani civilisation, is can be around 3000-7000 years. ...

Hi all,

Great lore decryption!

I'm not going to do a whole lot of dates and explanations, because we would rather you guys filled in the blanks than make an unchanging official version... But basically, Dust has given the Heroes unusually long life spans (which explains Kinete and Bruno). The Vodyani suits (the "Cloth") allow them to be somewhat immortal as they can replace their bodies, though it should be noted that the process is difficult if you have lived in a particular Cloth for a long time--as the Cloth and its wearer interact they become more efficient and powerful, but this deeper linkage makes separating the two riskier.

As far as the Zolya of the Vaulters go, the Bloodline has been enhanced through genetics and Dust to achieve Hero-like life spans (which is a whole other story).

Ordinary Mezari and Vaulters are not so different from ordinary humans as far as life expectancy.

Also, for info, Kinete and Bruno were among the slaves that were freed when Isyander rebelled; they have been following him ever since and are among the half-dozen beings that have been involved in the Academy since the site was found and the first buildings constructed.

Thanks for getting into this all!

-Slow

0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 14, 2018, 5:50:54 PM
Slowhands wrote:
Suis3i wrote:
SaintIndus wrote:
Suis3i wrote:

... But why do you think that Kinete Muldaur is 500+ years old? She and Heretic have founded the academy, of course she can me 500-700 years old, but according to start of the vodyani civilisation, is can be around 3000-7000 years. ...

Hi all,

Great lore decryption!

I'm not going to do a whole lot of dates and explanations, because we would rather you guys filled in the blanks than make an unchanging official version... But basically, Dust has given the Heroes unusually long life spans (which explains Kinete and Bruno). The Vodyani suits (the "Cloth") allow them to be somewhat immortal as they can replace their bodies, though it should be noted that the process is difficult if you have lived in a particular Cloth for a long time--as the Cloth and its wearer interact they become more efficient and powerful, but this deeper linkage makes separating the two riskier.

As far as the Zolya of the Vaulters go, the Bloodline has been enhanced through genetics and Dust to achieve Hero-like life spans (which is a whole other story).

Ordinary Mezari and Vaulters are not so different from ordinary humans as far as life expectancy.

Also, for info, Kinete and Bruno were among the slaves that were freed when Isyander rebelled; they have been following him ever since and are among the half-dozen beings that have been involved in the Academy since the site was found and the first buildings constructed.

Thanks for getting into this all!

-Slow

Thanks for responding lol ! That's actually super interesting about the Vodyani becoming more (I guess) efficient/powerful the longer they're inside their cloth ! 

Also for the Zolyas, were they leaders or a royal family of sorts in the Mezari civilization ?  

It's Mentioned that the Raian-Mezari offshoot that later became the UE had a mythical Zolya Queen (possibly dead now), and the bio of Varb St Zouiena states he was a member of the Zolya clan (something that would not have been mentioned if he was part of any other clan other than the Zolya clan) and since he was one of the worthy few to be assimilated, he must have had some traits (specific to the Zolya clan) that would have made him worthy right ? Also if they were genetically modified to live longer (+ Dust usage) it would seem similar to how Horatio and Zelevas maintain their grips on power. And I suppose they landed on Auriga, maybe leading the Argosy colonization effort that came after they Success crash landing (since there are no Zolya heroes in DoTE). 

Sorry super into the Endless lore 

0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 27, 2018, 3:41:03 PM

You can think of the Zolyas as more or less a powerful clan / family / corporation within the Mezari. But things didn't go well during their colonization journeys, which is why Varb and various other ships went different ways.

Horatio used a very different technique, based on Endless biotechnology; Zelevas is using the sort of technologies and techniques that Heroes would use. 

Glad you're having fun with it!

-Slow

0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 27, 2018, 4:58:19 PM
Slowhands wrote:

You can think of the Zolyas as more or less a powerful clan / family / corporation within the Mezari. But things didn't go well during their colonization journeys, which is why Varb and various other ships went different ways.

Horatio used a very different technique, based on Endless biotechnology; Zelevas is using the sort of technologies and techniques that Heroes would use. 

-Slow

Alright awesome ! Can’t wait to see more about them ! 

0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 28, 2018, 9:17:11 AM
Slowhands wrote:

-Slow

Thank you a lot for your answer! Can i hope that one day we will see a comix about Kinete or will see her without mask?
Is cravers' "tanks" are another evil creatures or they are made of iron?
Have ships any thrusters or they turn by unknown tech like we can see in Star wars?
Another question. In description of cold gas giant written that its hard to live on it. Its temperature is -120C. People live ON gas giant, am i right? Lately i thought that they live on large asteroids or space stations...

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Mar 1, 2018, 12:12:50 AM
SaintIndus wrote:
Slowhands wrote:

-Slow

Thank you a lot for your answer! Can i hope that one day we will see a comix about Kinete or will see her without mask?
Have ships any thrusters or they turn by unknown tech like we can see in Star wars?
Another question. In description of cold gas giant written that its hard to live on it. Its temperature is -120C. People live ON gas giant, am i right? Lately i thought that they live on large asteroids or space stations...

For gas giants they probably live on Space Stations; Think Cloud City, Bespin (Gas Giant), Star Wars. If the gas giant has the singular/binary/multiple moon anomaly then your people also have probably colonized the moon as well. 

I'm not sure what you mean by any thrusters or unknown tech ? Ships in Endless Space 2 most definitely have engines/thrusters and stuff, otherwise they couldn't propel themselves out of the atmosphere and into space. 

The Craver "tanks" look either like giant Cravers (TWW2 Hellpit abomination kinda thing) that are outfitted with more armor/cybernetics and a large back mounted cannon. 

(Lastly, a comic about Kinete Muldaur or any of the Mezaris would be dope)

0Send private message
6 years ago
Mar 1, 2018, 7:39:33 AM
Suis3i wrote:
SaintIndus wrote:
Slowhands wrote:

-Slow

For gas giants they probably live on Space Stations; Think Cloud City, Bespin (Gas Giant), Star Wars. If the gas giant has the singular/binary/multiple moon anomaly then your people also have probably colonized the moon as well. 

I'm not sure what you mean by any thrusters or unknown tech ? Ships in Endless Space 2 most definitely have engines/thrusters and stuff, otherwise they couldn't propel themselves out of the atmosphere and into space. 

The Craver "tanks" look either like giant Cravers (TWW2 Hellpit abomination kinda thing) that are outfitted with more armor/cybernetics and a large back mounted cannon. 

(Lastly, a comic about Kinete Muldaur or any of the Mezaris would be dope)

I ment that spaceships in real life have little trusters on a every side of ship. But in Star wars ships usually turn without any additional trusters, they have only one main engine. That's a question, what system used in ES2. In trailers ships fly like in SW.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Mar 1, 2018, 7:53:24 AM

oh, that's what you meant, then yeah that's probably how they fly, though the Lumeris ships have the small thruster thing on the bottom of every ship, which looks to me like a thruster.

+ None of the ships in ES2 make sharp turns, at least not gameplay wise, so it might not have been important to add them. 

Or their tech is that advanced. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message