Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Just some of my ideas (updated May/2018)

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Mar 5, 2018, 5:03:30 AM

Alright, so since the idea section isn't really seen by the majority of the community, I'm gonna post the links to most of mine here. 

Please offer any critique or additions to my ideas ! 

Feel free to add your own ones below as well ! 

1. More Customization Options For Custom Factions Homeworld [Galaxy Generation]

2. 'Sheredyn Fleet' Skin [Visual]

3. Heretic Vodyani Starships Skin [Visual]

4. Alliance Voting System (There's a similar, uber-popular idea by Lototo05 as well, so here's the link to that one) [Gameplay]

5. Planetary Defense Weapons (Think v-150 Ion Cannon From SW) (This idea would be like the Ward of Auriga/Tower of Fidelity/Truth from EL) [Gameplay/Maybe Visual too]

6. Lodestone Planets; Unique Anomalies/Visuals [Gameplay/Visual]

7. Visible Vaulter Portals [Visual]

8. Visible Obelisks of Space-Time [Visual]

9. Being Able to Halt/Limit Empire Sphere/Area of Influence [Gameplay] 

10. Pirate/Minor Faction Ships, Carrier Class [Gameplay/Mods/Visual]

11. Harmony/Pulsos Faction Specific Ships (+Other Minor Faction/Pirate Ships) [Gameplay/Mods/Visual]

12. Improved Custom Faction Creator (March Update) [Galaxy Generation/Custom Faction/Gameplay/Visual]

13. Mavros Ship Skin [Visual]

14. Starting Anomaly Diversity (Custom Factions) [Galaxy Generation/Custom Faction/Gameplay]

These aren’t all of my ideas but yeah lol

Here is the link to a forum where @Frogsquadron offers a brief explanation as to why ideas aren’t frequently checked by DEVs 

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Mar 5, 2018, 6:47:28 PM

All good suggestions! Upvoted. Manual halting of influence is a new idea, pretty cool the more I think about it. I had a similar idea regarding orbital structures. Wonders/major building should absolutely be visible from space, because yes. I also hope that at some point object permanence could become more present with the existing ones, it makes no sense that your empire would destroy everything orbitting conquered planets and replace them immediately. I think it would really add some visual flavor to see systems evolve if they they pass hands from one empire to another over the course of the game. Link below.

https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/ideas/1673-more-variety-and-consistency-with-orbital-structures

0Send private message
6 years ago
Mar 5, 2018, 8:01:36 PM

It is ironic that you post this here as I was just getting into this discussion on a post of my own in the Game Design section of the forum.  On that note, shouldn't this post be moved to that section, since this is now dealing with design suggestion?

0Send private message
6 years ago
Mar 6, 2018, 12:11:23 AM
mrbiggs007 wrote:

All good suggestions! Upvoted. Manual halting of influence is a new idea, pretty cool the more I think about it. I had a similar idea regarding orbital structures. Wonders/major building should absolutely be visible from space, because yes. I also hope that at some point object permanence could become more present with the existing ones, it makes no sense that your empire would destroy everything orbitting conquered planets and replace them immediately. I think it would really add some visual flavor to see systems evolve if they they pass hands from one empire to another over the course of the game. Link below.

https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/ideas/1673-more-variety-and-consistency-with-orbital-structures

Thanks ! Object permanence really makes sense, especially for larger buildings and wonders ! 

0Send private message
6 years ago
Mar 6, 2018, 12:14:52 AM
Dageki wrote:

It is ironic that you post this here as I was just getting into this discussion on a post of my own in the Game Design section of the forum.  On that note, shouldn't this post be moved to that section, since this is now dealing with design suggestion?

haha, I almost felt like putting it in the thread you created, but I was unsure since it seemed more discussion based and I didn't want to detract from what I thought was a discussion based forum. 

+ I thought general forums might get more people to participate than in the Game Design Forums 

I do hope the DEVs fix the idea forums 

0Send private message
6 years ago
Mar 6, 2018, 1:25:23 AM
Suis3i wrote:
haha, I almost felt like putting it in the thread you created, but I was unsure since it seemed more discussion based and I didn't want to detract from what I thought was a discussion based forum. 

+ I thought general forums might get more people to participate than in the Game Design Forums 

I do hope the DEVs fix the idea forums 

Yes, that referenced thread was intended more for the discussion of the etiquette of the forums instead of something more promotional.  What it turned out to be was a view into the nature of the site and forums and how the two play, or don't as well, together toward adding things to the game.

All the same, I once more applaud Amplitude for putting SOMETHING together that is more functional and systematic than most "bigger" small (aka almost medium?) studios to listen to the fan base than just a simple forum with the usual "squeakiest wheel" getting heard or everyone being shutout.

I too have a hope that the Devs take a look at the way things work now and keep improving it.  At the least they can use the system they create as a guide or reference on another way to do it well.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Mar 6, 2018, 1:34:31 AM
Suis3i wrote:

To this specific point, I am seeing a fair amount of posts in the "General" forum that would probably make more sense in the "Game Design" forum so I think either one is probably fine at this point.  Even as I type that I am pained though as the engineer, "everything in it's proper place", part of my brain screams that it shouldn't be that way.  C'est la vie.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Mar 6, 2018, 2:00:26 AM

And now, since this post is about shameless self promotion, I will post my own ideas below for viewing! Please take a look and provide any and all constructive criticism in the effort to make them better. Don't forget to up-vote the ones you like! 

Amazing ideas from Dageki! 

(Listed in priority order I'd like to see implemented)

1. A better way to choose where to colonize/expand/migrate/attack next through an additional view in the Empire Summary screen [GUI]

2. Ship size additions [Ship Design]

3. Adding habitats for Gas giants as System improvements [Gameplay/System Management]

4. Previous version levels available for play [Game Options]

5. Cloaking modules for ships, nuff said [Gameplay/Ship Design]

6. Flawed Heroes [Heroes/Gameplay]

0Send private message
6 years ago
Mar 6, 2018, 3:11:37 AM

Yes, that referenced thread was intended more for the discussion of the etiquette of the forums instead of something more promotional.  What it turned out to be was a view into the nature of the site and forums and how the two play, or don't as well, together toward adding things to the game.

All the same, I once more applaud Amplitude for putting SOMETHING together that is more functional and systematic than most "bigger" small (aka almost medium?) studios to listen to the fan base than just a simple forum with the usual "squeakiest wheel" getting heard or everyone being shutout.

I too have a hope that the Devs take a look at the way things work now and keep improving it.  At the least they can use the system they create as a guide or reference on another way to do it well.

Yeah, they're the only game company I know of that actively involves the community in decisions about the game; seeing how the DEVs work on their games and G2G, I'm sure that they'll keep updating the game and G2G so that it's better. 

0Send private message
6 years ago
Mar 7, 2018, 1:08:24 AM

Added a few pictures to my #1 and made some tweaks to my #2 after some good feedback.  Stop on by, take a gander, and add a thought or two of your own!  I am open to suggestions that help make the ideas feel more "whole".

0Send private message
6 years ago
Mar 7, 2018, 7:21:54 AM
Dageki wrote:

Added a few pictures to my #1 and made some tweaks to my #2 after some good feedback.  Stop on by, take a gander, and add a thought or two of your own!  I am open to suggestions that help make the ideas feel more "whole".

cool cool, will do 

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message