Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

General Feedback Thread

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Apr 1, 2019, 2:22:30 PM

Hey everybody,

welcome to the forum for Love Thyself - A Horatio Story, the first visual novel released by Amplitude Studios (and the "premiere experience in Horatio-themed life simulation").

We know that many of you have been waiting for this for a long time, and will eagerly dive into this experience. As always, we are eager to hear what you think of our work, and discuss its future with you!

If you have tried Love Thyself - A Horatio Story, this is the place to share your thoughts. Tell us what you loved! Tell us what you didn't like! Tell us what you'd like to see in Part 2!

The Amplitude Team

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 1, 2019, 3:41:43 PM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:

Tell us what you loved

It being a thing at all for real the biggest surprise and awesome for real so cool
0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 1, 2019, 3:59:01 PM

Seriously?

0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 1, 2019, 4:03:33 PM

I have to do a video of this thing. Saying even without being able to try it yet.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 2, 2019, 6:01:48 AM

I enjoyed it!

It feels like it has a nice pace for a VN, both in story and player choices. Hard to really say with something so short, but the branching seemed well done; I'd love to see what you could do with a longer chapter or story.

The art style is both fitting and charming. The backgrounds with their accent animations are a great touch.

# LOOK MOM I'M COMMENTING CODE

hashtagproudtear

$ stockholmsyndrome = True

Why you gotta be calling me out, though?

P.S. Need more "Forbidden Love." 

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 2, 2019, 8:07:12 AM

There's so much to love about this surprising and amusing title.
I think what I love about all else is that it takes the lore established for a galaxy spanning 4x game that requires a big-picture mindset, and then explores that same lore on a deeply personal and intimate level. There's a huge galaxy out there with dozens of hundreds of planets who host billions of souls, but so far in chapter one our concerns are focused on a few core characters and their hopes and fears.
Well arguably Character, but that's just splitting hairs. 

And even if you aren't well-versed in Endless Space lore, there's a tonne of narrative weight to trying to assert your individuality in a world where that's potentially lethal.
And props to the writers for finding a way to create distinct characters out of a cast of characters whose defining traits are that they aren't supposed to have any. 

0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 2, 2019, 5:10:58 PM

I was pleasantly supprised how well the game was able to put you in the headspace of the situation.

I immediately found myself vying to go up the political ladder, only to realize the futility of that endeavor.... So much for becomming prime! lol

But no, it was well written and I'd be very interested in what could come from it. More "forbidden love" is really an afterthought for me, I'm more interested in how the heck I'm going to avoid being recycled. Best I figure, I'm gonna need some political saviness or get myself sucked into a dust cloud. Maybe both!

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 2, 2019, 8:33:27 PM

Thought it was a joke.. happy it's not. More Endless universe content is always welcomed.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 3, 2019, 12:42:09 PM

Thank you for the present, Amplitude people! 

The theme of being both identic and different is great and worth more developpements, and I am hooked for further chapters of Horatio adventures.

It was a very pleasant and full of suspens playing, and a first taste about endless space 2 for me (i only played  endless legend and endless dungeon till now). At the first attempt, i've been rewarded by being nominated to "a special mission". I'll try a few more attempts as there is.are more Horatio.s in this batch waiting for his.their destiny.

0Send private message
0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 6, 2019, 1:38:48 PM

I found it quite fun, experiencing life as the most perfect being in the universe is interesting.

I am generally not really into this type of games so I can't really compare it to other similar games but even if just for the lore and fun I think it is a good game.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 6, 2019, 4:39:10 PM

It was a damm masterpiece! Funny and well thought! Waiting anxiously the second part!

0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 7, 2019, 2:39:33 PM

This was a huge surprise, and a great first chapter. The humour was pot on, and as someone who hasn't played as Horatio it made me want to start a Horatio game!

It reminded me that I do really want an Endless Space novel.... perhaps that could be a further path for the writers after this?

0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 12, 2019, 1:33:58 AM

Cool experience

I had never understood the dating-simulator hype, only the idea of that game style. Now I get both. It was a very fulfilling choice-making experience and it got me curious at each and every choice. And even though I didn't feel like my actions mattered much (the results were predefined for each choice of words), my personality and the things I said did. I only missed music at some parts that only had background noise and some voice acting would be awesome (but it's too much to ask from a free game). At some points I felt like reading aloud (roleplaying/acting) each dialogue. They all got the same voices, anyway, so it's fine if I'm roleplaying as every character.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 13, 2019, 1:16:36 PM

It's great! I like it!
I like stylish art, nice music, decent story, normal save system (instead of commonly used one-slot-only nonsense) and this allure of the nice small game ^^
I understand why some things in this game are rather simplistic (it's a free fan service on April's fool day, clearly)
Though, I can't stop myself from wanting more! More characters, more of their backgrounds, deeper and larger story, branching dialogues, object descriptions, notes, interactions with consequences, etc.
Just make this into 10 chapters instead of 2! :)
Our character is "deviant" so he has relative freedom with all that. He can travel and communicate with other characters from different planets and fractions.
Not necessarily free, I would love to buy a point-and-click or a visual novel in this universe.
I played all the games from the Endless collection many times and I'm glad to play any addition in different genres.
Often, I prefer small games over big ones (easier to get into, faster to play, can be played in short sessions), so I really like this format.

I'm glad that it called "dating sim" just for a joke and it's not actual dating sim.
Personally, I'm not into dating sims, because most of the characters there are just exist for only one purpose and other things in the game are secondary. It feels too hollow and staged for me.
Though, I don't mind romance option if it's just an option when it can be totally avoided while the interesting story goes first.

Drakonyan wrote:

and some voice acting would be awesome (but it's too much to ask from a free game). At some points I felt like reading aloud (roleplaying/acting) each dialogue. They all got the same voices, anyway, so it's fine if I'm roleplaying as every character.

I think this game was made with a lot of limitations (time, budget, team size), it is a free fan service, after all.
But even if we talk about the full-fledged visual novel with enough of budget... I think voice acting is a disaster for choice-matter text-related games.
It is not cheap and if to choose where to invest most of the effort... it's better to have texts and graphics of the best quality.
After all, in visual novel genre influence of quality of the textual component is great, and it is better to read various carefully placed in-depth texts and have more choice options than to listen to their simplified and shortened versions for voice acting sake. Also, if you do not like the voices of the actors and the quality of the voice acting, it can spoil the impression of a whole game, even if all other components are great.
(just in my humble opinion, I'm not trying to convince you, of course)

0Send private message
5 years ago
May 24, 2019, 2:42:39 AM

Hey Frog... just tried translating into german...noticed it is Python based scripted project. Editing is quite easy....

But I would prefer to start with machine based translation and improve it manually over time.... no clue how much time it will take... ???

I could start with "day1" and if finished I report and could send you the file... and if you like it...I could go on...

0Send private message
5 years ago
May 24, 2019, 7:31:05 AM

There's a translation function in Renpy already, so I think I'd rather you tried to use that. I'll see if I can extract the dialog when we're rolling out part 2.

In the meantime, of course, you're welcome to get a headstart on translating the first day... ?

0Send private message
5 years ago
May 24, 2019, 10:42:50 AM
Frogsquadron wrote:

There's a translation function in Renpy already, so I think I'd rather you tried to use that. I'll see if I can extract the dialog when we're rolling out part 2.

In the meantime, of course, you're welcome to get a headstart on translating the first day... ?

Just begun .... and find that much is has to be translated into right context - where algorithms fail... ;) But it's fun.... hope I have enough time and resources...

Yes maybe you can make an text extract- but the work would be the same nearly...

0Send private message
5 years ago
May 25, 2019, 1:35:19 PM

I can recommend this free translator tool: DeepL Übersetzer

Sure you have to recheck the offered translation every time. In case you click on one translated word, it offers other - possibly better fitting - translations in a drop down list.

0Send private message
5 years ago
May 25, 2019, 6:22:30 PM
Groo wrote:

I can recommend this free translator tool: DeepL Übersetzer

Sure you have to recheck the offered translation every time. In case you click on one translated word, it offers other - possibly better fitting - translations in a drop down list.

Hey Groo, thanks..yes I noticed DeepL beside google tool... will try it. Of course yes, the machine translation is a starting point and you have to check the context and alternative meanings very often. Right now I am at 60% of "Day 1."  Hope I get through the Part 1 next two weeks...

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message