Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

ES2 COMMUNITY CHALLENGE, TAKE TWO: Dust, powerfull Stuff!

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Nov 16, 2018, 5:57:20 PM

Feeling inspired the original community challenge posted by The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales I would like to introduce a community challenge myself.
Let me just copy paste his template here, which is very nice btw:

If you want to participate, please reply to this thread with:

• Your victory turn count
  • Your total score (from the post-victory screen)
  • A brief description of your greatest challenges or triumphs, or other remarkable moments, be they purely gameplay or emergent narrative (screenshots welcome)
  • A savegame of your victory turn, if possible.
  • Dust per turn! And what was the most expensive thing you bought out and for how much! ;)

I invite you all to create more detailed After Action Reports as well, but please try not to overwhelm this thread with them. If they become too long, I suggest creating a separate thread in the Creations subforum and linking to it here. You can also record the entire endeavour and link a video.

• Title: Dust, powerful stuff!
  • Description: Taking over the galaxy might be a little risky, but it's fun and you get rich! Families want you, take a gamble on us!
    Show off your skills in rush towards an economic dominance over galaxy!
    You have optimal map conditions, abundant resources and plenty of opportunities to trade with your neighbours facing a specific challenge your faction is meant to excel in. Take advantage of heavy pirate presence with bribery, or instead bribe yourself a fleet from the nearby minor faction establishment. The choice is yours!
    Let the dust flow!
  • Factions: Lumeris (player)
  • Conditions: Medium, high density, Spiral-6 galaxy with 6 players total. Many constellations, high resouce and random events abundance, endless pirates, endless diff, ONLY economic victory,
    I would like to stress that while probably faster and easier than economic victory would be an elimination victory, only economic victory entries are to be relevant.
  • Required DLC: None. Except for community challenge addon and renegade fleets, which are supposedly free content which everyone has...
  • Optional: Submit yourself to the teachings of Qui-Gon Gym rules to strengthen your mind and shorten your play.

For the sake of comparable results, I suggest you all utilize the savefile else the entry is not really relevant as I took extra care generating you the prettiest galaxy:
CCES2-1811Dust.sav

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Nov 17, 2018, 11:51:15 AM

So I went ahead and tried out my own challenge, I would not give it all 5/7 , it's pretty straight up, but since the DLCs are disabled you can NOT do diplomacy with pirates. So it's kinda misinformative. And economy victory is not as hard as I thought, it does take a while but is far from unattainable. Game was pretty passive.
I finished with 33K dust per turn, utilizing all players as friendlies to make most of the laws and having trading agreements. The highest buyout I paid was about 500K ish for the anti dust trafficking thing, but I might be little off there.

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Dec 12, 2018, 6:48:53 PM

Ok so i thought I would have a go at this. I like this kind of thing and remember having fun with speed science runs in es1. 

My finish turn was T89, so the same as Koxsos. 

Score: 551351

41K dust per turn approx half of this coming from trade routes.

I can't say i really made any massive purchases. I tended to dump money constantly in to developing the trade routes over rushing buildings.

It was a quite straight forward game really. I just forced peace everyone and got trade routes setup as a priority. To that end i actually prioritised science improvements early on over industry to get the resource bonus techs and comerical frameworks ASAP. From there it was just a case of chasing the next bonus % dust improvement tech. Species stability is a nice bonus to get and think i could have pushed for it sooner. 

Getting early trade agreements with the AI was annoying and big bribes had to be offered to secure then but i guess it was worth it.

As a side note im sure this can easily be done a lot quicker. I have very limited knowledge of the relevent game mechanics. I shall have to go off and learn more about how to get the most out of trade routes.

econtesttrn88.sav

Updated 5 years ago.
0Send private message
5 years ago
Dec 13, 2018, 2:58:40 PM

I think I have heard something about new expansion introducing a more understandable trading UI as far as the "System trade value" goes.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message