Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Space 2
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Space 2 is turn-based 4X space-strategy that launches players into the space colonization age of different civilizations within the ENDLESS™ Universe. Your Vision. Their Future.

Bug Reports from Latest Patch

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Aug 31, 2020, 5:24:27 PM

The Nakalim collection bonus wasn't given a name or description, though the GUI element seems to be made as it isn't pink.

These are bugs added by the patch just before this one, it's just added at the end ClassColonizedStarSystem and is caused by forgetting to add $() around the variable.
https://imgur.com/RUkMtiZ.png (this is related, but is in a hero skill https://imgur.com/jSNuq0Z.png)

These were added twice, please delete them

I still get ~35000 of these errors whenever the Nakalim ships appear anywhere. This has been there since Awakening released and causes a ton of lag.

Also, the faction logo of the Hissho is screwed up, causing the Umbral Choir to be screwed up too.
https://imgur.com/9wSrAXL.png (Located in StandardAtlasBuildMapping[Fx].xml)
There are two Umbral Choir mappings. In this file, every other faction only has one. If the second one that sets its source to be the Hissho ship logo were to be renamed to LogoHissho, both the Umbral Choir and Hissho ship logos would appear on ships with the Hissho and Umbral Choir visual affinities.

Thanks for doing the patch! Hope these get fixed sometime.
Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Aug 31, 2020, 5:59:07 PM

Here are some other important ones:

(Thanks to Sublustris and AngryAboutElves for helping me with this list)

The Reborn Nakalim Quest completion trigger

The Ugly Plague Horatio Quest completion trigger

Riftborn Singularity Stacking

Probe Microfactory is useless

Vodyani can't kill the academy

Some ships have weapon module slots that don't do anything

The tooltip bug has gotten way worse in the last few patches

You are able to ignore forced truces by minimizing the popup

End Turn work until you close all battle notifications

(No link) Jitter clicking allows you to stack multiple mining probes and get insane bonuses

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 1, 2020, 1:34:33 AM

Is the Constructed Improvements screen broken for anyone else?  Maybe this is because it's from a save from before this patch, but I see this screen on every system:

(Yes, it even says "Aldebaran" on every system regardless of what their name is)

Edit: In a brand new game, I don't get the bug.  Guess I'm starting my Horatio game over ;-)

Edit 2: WTF, simply reloading my save fixed the bug too.  This almost looks like an Easter Egg...

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 1, 2020, 2:15:01 AM

RabidHobbit, that's a broken save. Check out this for more parts of the easter egg :D

https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/endless-space-2/forums/75-modding/threads/36895-easter-egg-with-broken-system-improvement?page=1#post-300416

0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 1, 2020, 5:46:43 AM

https://steamcommunity.com/app/392110/eventcomments/2922228082034726148/?tscn=1598911231#c2922228082035764270

LookAtMyHorse wrote:

energy shield gets stuck in the queue after is built and says "no longer actual"

and if you go riftborn visual affinity with in the shadows if you try to build population you wont get any and the both queue and hacking will lock up and wont do anything.......
i know patch notes say
"custom factions with riftborn affinity and in the shadows trait cant populate sanctuaries" but i don't think that's intended behaviour still

0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 2, 2020, 2:37:07 AM

I don't know if this is a new issue with the new patch, but I can reproduce a bug with a save that caused the game to become frozeon on "Pending" and not progress.

There is this Sophon system that I started to raze, but then I flew my fleet away from it last turn.  This turn, I returned to it with my behemoth while it was in this state:

If I don't return my fleet, I can end my turn and get to the next turn successfully (at least that seems to be the way to reproduce the hang).

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 2, 2020, 6:07:42 PM

Rooting for you my man, also If i recall there's still the hisho bug with the prob AND you can abuse the upkeep cost of behemoths by building the +1 limit capacity, build the behemoths then destroy the buildings lowering the cost up to only 1 behemoth while you have 7 or 10 in the field =D .... 

Yes i played Es2 very competitive once upon a time.....

I do recall a few other bugs but can't remember then right now however the game does deserve more love & observation by both the community and the devs. Lets hope in Es3 they decide to take dedicated fans as testers to get feedback in time to patch : ) 

Cheers,

Wiseone

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 7, 2020, 1:23:42 PM
RabidHobbit wrote:

I don't know if this is a new issue with the new patch, but I can reproduce a bug with a save that caused the game to become frozeon on "Pending" and not progress.

I experienced the same issue. I was playing with the Vodyani and have endless freeze in some mid-game after using the "end turn" button. (Save file also being available if requested.)

Ok, this might be not the place for puns ... but "endless freeze" in an Endless game ... worth a laugh ... still it is not something you want to live with after some final patch. 

The current patch is far from being final regarding quality standards. Some severe issues still wait to be ironed out!

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 8, 2020, 7:43:37 AM

As the Umbral Choir everytime i try to hack a system without a connection lane i get the stuck on 'pending' bug. If i reload and do everything beside try to hack this unconnected system it processes the end turn. 

0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 8, 2020, 5:36:02 PM

I got that darth paul bug in my last game and figured my save was corrupted from the latest patch. Well, I just started a brand new game and I'm still getting it. Its not the end of the world, but its pretty broken that I can't see my buildings or scrap them. Is there any workaround for this?

0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 9, 2020, 10:28:34 PM
RabidHobbit wrote:

Is the Constructed Improvements screen broken for anyone else?  Maybe this is because it's from a save from before this patch, but I see this screen on every system:

(Yes, it even says "Aldebaran" on every system regardless of what their name is)

Edit: In a brand new game, I don't get the bug.  Guess I'm starting my Horatio game over ;-)

Edit 2: WTF, simply reloading my save fixed the bug too.  This almost looks like an Easter Egg...

I still have the same behavior even with a brand new game. This is definitly a bug and not an easter egg

0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 9, 2020, 10:29:04 PM
ProfHerbfoot wrote:

I got that darth paul bug in my last game and figured my save was corrupted from the latest patch. Well, I just started a brand new game and I'm still getting it. Its not the end of the world, but its pretty broken that I can't see my buildings or scrap them. Is there any workaround for this?

It's a new bug that did not exist before latest patch and there are already at least 3 topics on it

* Topic 1

* Topic 2

Topic 3

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 28, 2020, 3:23:01 AM

1. My game crashes freezing my computer from time to time, I have reported this on different forums more than 6 times.

2. Night lights and some anomalies don't display correctly the transports/ships that are supposed to show on the planet don't show at all 

3. Darth paul

4. The AI doesn't use upgraded modules only level 1 modules. 

0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 29, 2020, 9:12:11 AM
I have the same problem. 
Galanthein wrote:
RabidHobbit wrote:

I still have the same behavior even with a brand new game. This is definitly a bug and not an easter egg

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
4 years ago
Oct 3, 2020, 9:36:47 PM

just made full installation clean up and in a brand new game ver.1.5.34 S5 Gold Public without any mods on the same system and hardware I have had for the last 5 yrs I am still having this bug! And this is the Final Patch!!!!!! Dear guys from Amplitude now I am certain for sure - you have in your ranks black sheep sent from some rival who is making a sabotage in every patch you`ve made with some new annoyng bugs!

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message