Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Legend
Universe banner wording

ENDLESS™ Legend is a turn-based 4X fantasy-strategy game, where you control every aspect of your civilization as you struggle to save your homeworld Auriga. Create your own Legend!

List of suggestions by category

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Jul 31, 2015, 8:46:28 PM
Jojo_Fr wrote:

3. Gameplay improvements

- Change the -% building cost to +% production output : A bonus of -90 % cost means a gigantic increase of the production speed (maybe +900 %). A bonus of +90 % production speed mean just a +90%. In the game, there are too much -% building cost accessible (from hero, from minor factions etc.), and that is possible to excess the -50 % cost, and go even to the -100 % cost, which means instant build of any buildings and wonders. You can see the problem showed here : Link. Here are a simple suggestion proposed : Link. and the proposition more explained here : Link. (See the Abmpicoli part).

I agree the bonus can get pretty high, but it´s very situational and there are several Trade-Offs involved. There could be perhaps a simple cap to the maximum cost reduction a city can get, so that even if the opportunity presents itself, it´s sometimes simply not reasonable to go for more building reduction cost instead of something else.

- Create variants of winter (as game-options or for playing post-victory) : An important number of players dislike the winter and season feature. They dislike the fact the winter become more and more persistant with the time. There should be options to entirely modify the winter and the season functionnement (winter more sweet, or more hard. Increase the duration of winter, or not). From WMSkyfall. Link.

Agreed

- Buffing the stockpiles gained from razing : Stocpiles gained from city conquest are powerless. For exemple, in Era IV, a Roving Clans which raze a city win industry stockpile of 25 units of production. It is not enough. Stockpile of conquest are difficults to obtain, they should give more reward. Maybe there could be more stockpile won, or maybe stockpiles could give twice more (50 production). Moreover, I don't see why stockpile should give more reward with the new eras. They should give a stable reward. Moreover, razed city should too give automatiquely the dust you gain from razing the buildings.

Agreed

4. Combats improvements

- Better control of units displacement and attack : Make it possible to order to your unit to move to a hexagon near an enemy unit WITHOUT your unit automatiquely attack this unit. It would be good in some situations, to keep a retaliation for your unit. Now, even with the passive mode activated, your unit will always attack.

It would be awesome I guess, but I strongly feel it goes against the design intent. They keep the battlefield small for a reason I think.

- Solving the retreat action = abuse position problem These two design problems can be largely exploited by humans over A.I and over others humans. The retreat mechanism is really one of the most important feature which should be heavily changed. Here are the best propositions I have seen. The first, from Abmpicoli, is the best but should be simplified I think : Link., Link. A discussion with suggestions here : Link. Top priority problem.

Agreed

- More heroes specialization : Right now, heroes tend to always use the same builds : same skills and same equipments (each level of materials is just a power increasing, no real tactic or choice here). Moreover, skills are too passives. There is no active skill, as spell or aura or another thing. It would be really more interesting and exciting for all players to inclinate the model of Endless Legend's Heroes in the design of the Heroes Of Might and Magic model. From DevildogFF.

Actual spells are a nightmare to balance, but I agree there could be at least two Classes of hero for each faction.

- Naval battles in exactly the same spirit as land battles : no new units : Simple and interesting proposition for a better handling of the naval warfare. From Abmpicoli. Link.

"Ancient used surf. It´s not very effective" I like it (i know pokemon nerds, there´s no efficiency for surf)

- Proliferators : issues with the Targeting AI of supports : Proliferators under A.I control tend to actas supporting units and not as ranger units. This is a problem because very often, the proliferators don't create battle-born in battle, due to this focus on supporting friendly units.

Suggestions : Give to the proliferators a ranged unit A.I, but let them classified as supporting units (to avoid them been exposed to Ranger Slayer promotions). From Ladygolem. Link.

Agreed

- Ability to compare item stats : It could help to compare the effects of the items without equipingthem, but just by a visual comparaison. From Disbroc. Link.

Agreed

- Creating stades of city size development : This Link. The idea is to give more interest to food specialized cities and to food technology (as the granary), to give sensation of few immenses powerful cities with biggers new districts. Now, growing large more than 12-15 pop is not interesting, because of exponential cost of district and population point.

Agreed

- Changing the current population growth mechanisms : Rokdog demonstrates by mathematics proves that the current growth system is exponential and tend to do that it is useless to grow taller than 10-12 population. Link. It is an important problem of missconfiguration of the growth system. Ideas of tweaks to do to change this corrupted logarithmic population progression here : Link. From Rokdog.

Very hard to comment.

- (Unprecise suggestion) Create chokepoints on your regions : Defence is important but not enough under control of the players :

*Players should be able to build walls at improvements.

*Walls could be used to force the enemy to pass by a certain way, slower, or more easy to defend.

*Wall have a cost of 50 production each. Destroying a wall need at least 3 units and prevent the army from moving for one turn (no battle needed).

*Walls lines cannot be close from less than 4 hexagons (to prevent full walling).

*Walls cannot be built if an enemy unit is near an enemy (faction at war) from 4 hexagons.

*Wall cannot be used as extractors and should be auto-destroyed before.

*Wall could be upgraded with specific technology or race tech, to prevent flying units invasion. Firing tower could be buildable etc.

Agreed on the general idea

- (Unprecise suggestions) Create new defensives buildings and improvements : Endless Legend does not really create defensive situation for cities, or give opportunity to enforce the strategic defence of yours cities. An invader can siege a city for free, can move back when he wants when he sees the danger coming. To change this situation could create really interesting defensive situation, where the invader must avoid a city or come with more units. Here are several ideas.

*Hero cannot be affiliated to units when they are not in a friendly territory : It make impossible to approach with flying/fast cavalry units then giving hero to the stack at the last moment. Which it's not logical and fair.

*Cutting roads for strategical reason : You should be able to don't build road which go from your city to a city which is not yours. It is not logical to be forced to see these roads builded. So, you should be able to pick a road to a new city and make it destroyed in 3 turns. And, if you want, to reactivate it (for free), in 3 turns.

*Choosing where to build the watchtowers : You should be able to build your watchtowers where you want. The automatic choice is for the kidds. A player may want a tower to have scout, or may want to renforce the regeneration of his units on a designed point in his region. I think it may be very interesting too if hero could build magical watchtowers in neutral or ennemy land. A magical tower which consume dust each turn and can be destroyed but not by neutral armies. It could be an ardent mage spell exclusivity.

*Create a temporary quagmire : 3 units can transform in one turn two contingents hexagons in quagmire of one your region (one per region max). The quagmire need 3 units which work one turn, but is finished in two turns not one (to avoid the instant trap in one turn). The quagmire long last 5 turns and affect any units even friendly units. Any unit(s) which pass by one of these two hexagons is blocked two turns inside (this turn and the other) and any combat which occurs in quagmire give a malus of displacement and defence in the combat zone where the stuck units begin the combat. Displacement is like in forest, and defence is -50 %.

*Campaign fortress : A single separated district which act as a zone of control which prevent any unit to pass by a 3 hexagons zone without passing by the fortress. The fortress have a garrison which you can use. One fortress max per region.

*City gate & high wall : It prevent any unit to attack and conquer the city until the fortification as down to 100. A logical way which protect a city to any invasion even when the city has only milician defenders.

*City goat suburb : A circle of water of one hexagon dimension protect the city suburbs. Any enemy unit need two turns (the actual turn + the next) to cross the goat and attack the city. Leaving the city circumference need two turns again (unless the city is fall and become a friendly region).

*Defence tower : An auto fire tower who target any enemies each turn.

*Magical winds : Ardents mages new pillar which prevent in a circle zone of a friendly zone, any flying unit to fly. Efficient in situation where you fear an attack of flying units. Flying units can still move as their normal speed, but they cannot fly in combat or in the map.

- Letting few civs to build new forms of functionnal districts cit than the famous "triangle" : Today, due to the nature of the hexagone and the way of gaining the level 2 district, only the triangle district is viable as form of city. It is quite boring, players would have more fun with new available efficiants forms.

Agreed on the general idea

Ran out of time here, but this is an excellent reference thread, I didn´t know about more than half these threads, good job man.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 8, 2016, 3:10:34 PM
lilyophelia wrote:
I think a really reasonable suggestion might be simply a ticked option box that is meant primarily for multiplayer and had a lot of tweaked settings just for multiplayer gamers.

+1 from me.

For "competitive MP", I guess that turning this option on would make a lot of sense.

I would leave it off in single-player though, as a bonus to immersion and "replayability" (yeah - I read that this actually isn't a word smiley: smile ).
0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 7, 2016, 2:12:44 AM
Jojo_Fr wrote:
New suggestions :

1. More Balanced Anomalies cluster at start on native region

I think a really reasonable suggestion might be simply a ticked option box that is meant primarily for multiplayer and had a lot of tweaked settings just for multiplayer gamers.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 7, 2016, 12:56:00 AM
New suggestions :

1. More Balanced Anomalies cluster at start on native region

- Create a new map setting option to give the option to set a determined number of anomalies in cluster of hexagone in the native region. Today, it often occurs situations where in game, a player start with 3-4 anomalies which will give a massive bonus in industry and happiness, and the others have one or zero anomalies (even in high animalies and if the players have tried moving). The anomalies have a great and immediate effect on the game. And any effect snowball after.

So in some games, the luck factor is too much massive and the trajectory of a game is too much impacted by this luck factor in my opinion.

It would really good if people could choose to play games with less luck factor and more balance start.

2. An option to desactivate the overpowerd quest, or a rework on these quest

- In the same idea, few quest are completely broken. The quest which ask to build 2 extractors and give DOUBLE AMOUNT of ressources (so free 2 Dorgeshi assimilated) for the rest of the game, is a game breaker factor. Double luxury mean for exemple, if you got spices : +50 % on food for the rest of the game. If you got whines : +30 happiness for free for the rest of the game. Idem with the era 3 and others extractors.

Suggestion : Make the tech of the quest only functionnal for 20 turns (on quick speed). It's already huge. After, the bonus just dissapeard.

A quest like that, is freely gained, need on risk no investement, is clearly super overpowered (off course if we don't care of Balance, my concepts has no meaning...).

- Another quest very stupid : the "rush for ruins". It's a mondial event. You need to serach in one of two ruins. There are roaming Tetiikes. The Tettikes never defend or attack anyone in the region. So it's just a pure rush and luck factor. If you got a unit near, you grab 50 titane or 40 adamantium for free... it's ridiculous if you compare with legendary deed, who need the extractor tech, or a huge amount of dust, it's completely unbalanced.

Suggestion : Suppress this quest. It is not interesting, and reward is huge. Or make an obligation to kill tetikkes before opening ruins. With that you ll need to send a real army.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 4, 2016, 11:21:02 PM
I think the way you describe using spells is perfect. I think it would be a lot of fun if there were some changes made to their usage.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 1, 2016, 8:59:06 AM
New suggestion added. Link.

Wings are the most powerfull unit of the game. It's compensate by the high (the most of the game) amount of industry she needs. But in most situations, this unit into the ardent mage hands, has gave me the experience of an overpowerd unit. Why ?

- Flyer, so superb speed and mobility on the map.

- Excellent stats and excellent initiative.

- Tranformation into eggs with halve of their life when she die on the field. Then Ressurection at x % of their life if the egg is not destroyed.

- Stun spell of ardent mages. This spell combined with the elite force of Wings, make it very difficult to destroy these giants butterflyes.

What happenned in fight generally ? First round, the mage use the stun to neutralize a stack of your units. Ok, you can split the stack, but there is a big inconvenient : you loose moral bonus of packed units, and you open the way to moral malus if your units are archers (because wings will come at contact with them). And as only bow archers have anti flyer units, you often use bow archers. So, first round you got splitted units and you take a big shot in the mounth. You can inflict damages in the turn, or turn 2, but even if you can, you ll face turn 3 to another stun, as turn 5 (or 6). The 3 stuns + the slowness of your units (generally) make it hard to target and destroy the eggs. And, if you don't destroy the eggs, it's as if you would have destroyed nothing. After the combat, the unit will ressurect with 25 % of their health (I think).

Suggestions (one of the three, not the three) :

- Wings eggs have less life (-25 % life).

- Wings which ressurect next turn on the campain map have less life (they ressurect at one life point, as an hero).

- Stun spell is nerfed : create a new branch of item which give magical resistance probabiliy (bad idea I think), or better, make it usable only once per turn. If not, ardent mages, always, always use stun spell only. And buff the others spells which are total crap compared to stun today. With a good buff on the spell stats, and only one use of the stun, stun will become more strategic, and mages will retake in hands their natural but non used ability of spells (heal speall, fire rain spell etc.).

What is your opinion about the observation of this topic, and about the suggered suggestions ??
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 28, 2016, 8:11:30 PM
I had never done any xml coding before. This was like 10 days ago, and now I'm happily modding the files. It's actually pretty easy to learn if you are passionate about it.

Good luck, and I'll help out as much as I can! <3
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 28, 2016, 6:51:42 PM
Thank you. You too have excellent ideas. You can take all ideas what you want. It's open source. ^^

About working on my own balance patch (for MP) mod, maybe. I need to read the topics about how to do it. I have zero experience about it.

I will examine the things a bit more soon.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 28, 2016, 6:38:39 PM
Hey Jojo, it's not for MP, but do you mind if I look at some of this as inspiration/ideas a SP mod? There's some really smart stuff here. <3

Also, what about working on an MP mod for your games? Kind of like PropBuddha was doing? A lot of this stuff could be modded in.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 28, 2016, 1:04:28 PM
From this stade, I cannot update the first post because I cannot add more than 50 000 characteers. So sadly new propositions will mainly be putted here, post by post.

New suggestions added.

Original propositions : Link.

- Buff the very weak Forgottens : Forgottens are very weaks, especially in multiplayer. They are heaviliy dependants to dust, the techs becomes too expansive to buy after era I, the tech stealing is too slow dand too dangerous, and the pillage does not give them an enough reward of dust, especially in early era 1 and 2.

This faction is a pure masterpiece in term of feature design, originaly. Very unique, much respect to have, in all 4X I knew I never saw such a success. But Balance should really be worked because it destroyed their potential. Here is some propositions to pick (according to devs or mods mind) to improve them to a serious level. Original propositions : Link. :

What is very important it's to renforce the ability to forgottens players to use earlier and stronger their naturel abiliiesy (which are very enjoying : spying, with tech stealing, and pillaging). Here are few selectable others ideas which to mind :

- Hiring Forgottens Hero cost -50 % dust (Forgottens Brothergood). Or -25 % (any balance mesure can be revert so don't worry about being too excessive, they really need it...).

- First hired hero for forgottens only cost 50 % of his normal hiring price.

- One more hero won in the early forgotten quest, after the 2 predator quest moment (I don't like much this idea because the RP is broken, and because some people don't like to follow quest).

- Pillage action is quicker (+30 % faster) and give higher dust reward in era 1 and era 2 especially (where it's too low for the troops investissement and risk). Encourage early pillaging action, because why sending a force far away if you have a mearger reward ? If the ennemy can intercept fast and destroy it ? If the upkeep of troops is nearly more than the dust reward...

To apply this idea I propose that : the first exploration rank of forgottens empire plan give +50 % dust reward for pillage (because for forgottens, exploration means raid lol). Exploration empire plan is rarely used by players, especially the first level.

- The forgottens has a new feature, the possibility to pillage an entire city. To do this they need to conquier it. From the moment they have did it, they can start an action (in the city bar). This action long last 3 turns. After 3 turns, the action did that : they gain a fix bonus of 300 dust + 100 dust per population point, they gain a dust reward corresping to the buildings inside the city. But after that, population point is halved, buildings and extractors are halved (from randomness). The city get back to the original owner.

The idea behind this, it's for now, forgottens have in some situation, NO interest to capture a city even if they can. Because it's better to grow on extractors etc. than taking the city. But that is not logical and strange. Taking a city should give access to some ressources, more than wandering in the city campaign. It does not destroy because it is not in their nature, and cultist already have that feature.

- Lower the chance of local detection when a spy steal a tech. Stealing tech is the main feature of forgottens to progress in technology. It does not hurt the other civ, but it hurt your influence and your seniority. I think the detection chance should be lowered (it's more about the idea of learning and observing, than a violent commando which open gates to the ennemy, so it should not be so easily detected).

- Give to Forgottens more items for their hero : For exemple :

* Mithrite Helmet "Helmet of the cameleon" : -50 % of seniority loose when you use an action. (mithrite is very late game so it should not break the game...).

* Hyperirum Ring "National network" : A spy exfiltrated and infiltrated in a a city of the same civ in the same turn, keep 50 % of the seniority.

* Palladium armor "False death" : The player which finished a round up, has a probability of 25 % to have a false information of "The spy has been hurted and is get back to academy". This is very vicious...

* Adamantium Amulet "Dormant network" : The player has each turn a small chance (5%) to passively obtain informations about the ennemy. Informations are : visions of armies, see what happens in another city for one turn, small things liek that, all for one turn, but interesting and exciting to obtain...

To counter these possibles applicables ideas, I think it would better to have new buildings to limit the spying effect. Buildings anti spy and anti pillage comes too late today, and are not much usefull because round up are enough effectives if your happiness is correct. But this is another question...

I don't think my ideas will interest someone but maybe a modder if the question of the poors forgottens interest a modder. smiley: smile
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 21, 2015, 2:13:02 PM
New suggestions added :

Comfort when playing :

- Simplify the notification of pillages : In multiplayer, you can been raided very often each turn. This is very annoying to receive pillage notifications several times per turn.

Suggestion : Regroup the notification pillage into one icone, which "rumble" and "tint" each time a pillage begin.

Gameplay improvements :

- Make it impossible to queue luxury ressource consumption (which is an exploit) : Today, you can consumme ressources more than one time. By consequence, you can bank the effect for several turn, whatever the number of city you own. This is illogical, and particulary easy to exploit when you obtain the legendary deeds ressource bonus, at early game. You can with that, queue 15 x 10 ressources (gold for exemple), so you got more than 50 turns of gold effect, even if you got 4 or 5 city... This is an exploit off course, which should been suppressed.

Suggestion : Suppress the exploit like that : When you use or bank use a luxury, only the cities you got will been affected. OR, you just cannot ban luxury ressources effect.

- Automatise the usage of luxury ressources : It would be good to have an option to automatize the use of ressources. Because, today you can lose some turns if you don't check the screen frequentely. The command would be : use this ressources each time it's possible, undefinitevely.

Balance :

- Improve the Roving Clan power and fun of gameplay : Some people said that Roving Clans are weak and need a boost. I propose (with others persons this to improve them).

Suggestions :

- Mutual reinforcement of mercenaries armies (today, their army cannot reinforce each others), but not for generals leading mercenaries army (too powerfull, and does not look like independant mercenaries).

- Give them free roads builded immediately in all cities whenever the roving clans have this tech at era II.

I look me very flavour, and could boost them in eco.

- Mercenaries armies (hidden neutral or not) of Roving Clans give them double amount of dust when they pillaged an improvement. Why ? Because they are professionnals of raid, they are not regular soldiers. It could make the game really more interesting, and incitate the roving clans to fields more mercenaries for offense. It's important for the fun of the player.
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 6, 2015, 11:16:52 AM
There is need for balance of faction quests. Specifically Broken Lords one. If it works it's hard, most of the time it's bugged or just annoying. I talk about "defead 4 armies" which are hard to find. And about "destroy city" which is far away and you either get lucky someone else destroy it for you or you spend whole game conquering everything in sight to get to that city. And about that annoying leveling of dust bishop (it got better with patches, so it could be ok).
0Send private message
9 years ago
Sep 6, 2015, 10:07:43 AM
According to the arrival of Shadows expansion, and from my recent multiplayer game experience, here are the propositions I canceled from my list, because the update of the game solved them. Thanks to the devs for that. smiley: smile

Problems solved by update of the game :

Comfort when playing :

Solved [ProblemsolvedbythepatchbringedwiththecomingoftheShadowsexpansion] - Custom shortcuts : Create some shortcuts and customizable shortcuts to have better and faster control of the game. Top priority problem.

Solved [ProblemsolvedbynewoptionscreatedinShadowsexpansion:noscore,partialsscore,andfullscore(asbefore)options!] - Option for hiding scores of the players : The full view of the scores and military power give crucial information on all enemies. Sometimes players would want game settings where it is not automatic to seeing and known all information.

*First option : Full view of scores, as it is now.

*Second option : Scores are revealed with a time difference of 10 turns. It permit more surprise attacks...

*Third option : Scores are fully hidden (except the scores of yourself, off course). For delicious paranoid games.

Solved [ProblemsolvedbypillagingfeaturefromShadowsexpansion] - Bring harassing units to destroy city improvements : Units (except neutral minors factions units) should be able to harassing for destroying the enemy city improvements. Destroying an improvement may need to be at war then passing 3 turns of presence of one unit on this improvement (an extractor for example). Now, the wars are too centred on the cites not enough on improvements.

Solved [ProblemsolvedbytheGuardiansinGuardiansexpansion] - Create mid-late game super units : DevildogFF idea : "Lastly, I'd really like to see the end-game revamped. It's currently EASILY my least favourite part of the game. There's very little to look forward to as era 5 and 6 are rather boring, tech-wise, and you have already received your last unit (way back in era 2) and there aren't any game-ending techs that feel fun or a wee bit overpowered. This is what makes other 4X games fun in the end game and it's sorely lacking here. Where is the comparative "atom bombs" or "tanks" or "death robots"? We need something that is actually exciting there."

Solved [ProblemsolvedbythepatchbringedwiththecomingoftheShadowsexpansion]- Slavery exploit of converted villages in the cultist :[/b] Currently, a governor with slavery (or custom trait Cull the herd) exploit the owned pacified village (logical) but too the converted villages. It gives them a gigantic bonus into production or food. It is totally overpowered. The converted villages should not be able to been used by Slavery or Cull the Herd.

Solved [ProblempartiallysolvedwiththepatchcomingwiththeShadowsexpansion] - Now Gios have a reduced aera of effect. In my opinion he is still far too strong]- Nerf the Guardian Gios : Gios should not hit the whole tactical map, have high initiative and deal 300 damage to everything. He needs a major nerf either reduce his overrall damage or make him incredibly slow. From TheDeadDude (Steam forum).

New suggestions :

Comfort when playing :

- The option to remove technology trade : A.I can be extorqued easily in multiplayer. Even without this possibility, forbiddin any technology trade would be essential, to avoid shadow team in multiplayer, or for any persons who want it.

Suggestion : Add a game option to remove technology trade from game.

- Closing the opportunity to join a civ in the game if you are not the player who played it before : One of the most annoying problem in multipayer, it's when unknown players join an advanced game, take place of a guy which leaved, or which is just absent for a deconnexion. Which is annoying it's all the players need to wait a long moment, when this person is downloading the map.

There is no possibility to kick him, no possibility to prevent him from joining a game where you don't want him.

Suggestion : Create a technical solution to solve this problem. Maybe a pop-up which ask the host if he wants to accept or kick a player who wants to join.

Gameplay improvements :

- Roving Clans immunity to spying : Roving Clans can kick any spies out of their city when they move their Setseke Ho. It is a too easy action to protect yourself from any spying. By doing that, you can protect your whole empire by moving from time to time (before the seniority is enough high to make an action, for exemple, every 8 turns).

This should not be possible, it protect for nearly no cost, from any spy action.

Suggestion : Spy can stay attached to a moving setseke (look me logical that they can follow it), and continue to increase his seniority. Or, another idea, the spy can be re infiltrated, for an influence cost, but he will conserve his seniority in the city.

• Roving Clans players can use Setseke Ho to kick any spies out of their city

• Interesting tips, even if look me an abuse, because it means that roving clans can have a free purge which always work, for just one turn losted... smiley: ohh

It would be good that the kicked spy, could keep his experience in the city, if he come back immediately the following turn.

- Too cheap retrofiting compared to producing units : It seems that it's really more interesting to build a naked unit with no equipement, then retrofit it with the desired equipement. Link. The topic in the link explain the problem. I want to attract the attention of the devs about this.

If it is cheaper to retrofit than to buy a full equiped unit, it is absolutely anormal. Retrofiting mean flexibility, flexibility should be very expansive, if not it is too easy to have unimproved garrisoned unit which you upgrape when the ennemy is coming.

Suggestion : make retrofiting really more expansive compared to fully produced unit.
    0Send private message
    9 years ago
    Aug 1, 2015, 10:31:25 PM
    Thank you. No, I don't mind. ^^ Note that some ideas here come from others persons (I quoted who each time). I try to centralise any suggestion I feel usefull and elegant.

I agree there are lots of small issues, but most of time the suggestions proposed seem to don't need some hard work in code. So I don't see why not propose them. Small streams make big rivers, as we say in french.

I say to myself that if the devs don't recycle these suggestions, Endless Legend 2 may do, and if not, the modders may do.

New suggestions added :

- Better mod support : Mods and moders are importants for the long term of a game, for his frequentation, and for the reputation of his game studio.

- Improved tutorial : Some begineers complain about not understanding the mechanics of the game. New players are very importants for Amplitude, because they are a large group, but instable, they can quit the game at any moment. That is why it would be very important to improve the tutorial to explain any aspect of the game (district level, road commerce, mora, high ground etc.). Top priority problem.

- Improved wiki : The current wiki is not up to date and not clear to use. It is up to the passionned players to work on it. But it would be great if the devs could do that the wiki would include automatiquely up to date data from the game. As any units statictics, cost of buildings. Anything possible. Top priority problem.

- Inform the player when he select Salting the Earth : By accident, it is possible to select salting the Earth in the building list and then, see your city completely destroyed few turns after. In my opinion, salting the earth should just not been possible because it is absurd and anti game that a whole city and population accept to kill themself. But, if the devs decide to keep this option, there should be a pop up to inform the player of the consequence of his choice, one turn before the decision affect the city. From CH_Wolfe.

- Stockpiles easier to distingue from buildings : It would be preferable if stockpiles would be listed at the end of the build list.

- Buff the Ardent Mages pillars : Pillars are boring to use and too economic oriented. There should more militaristic pillars, only usable in ardent mage territory, which fire upon the ennemy armies, slowdown their speed of movement on the campagn map etc.

- Nerf the Guardian Gios : Gios should not hit the whole tactical map, have high initiative and deal 300 damage to everything. He needs a major nerf either reduce his overrall damage or make him incredibly slow. From TheDeadDude (Steam forum).

- Buff the Guardian Fotios : Fotios should be buffed a tiny bit so he can hit Gios more often. From TheDeadDude (Steam forum).
    0Send private message
    9 years ago
    Aug 1, 2015, 8:57:41 PM
    I think a lot of these are good ideas, Jojo. I hope you won't mind if I say that your ideas improve with the experience you gain smiley: smile

There are a lot of issues with EL that are small issues, things that I dislike mostly because of their inelegance. For example, you're right about selling units outside of friendly territory, but it's not a big deal.

However, I really think that retreat issues need to be dealt with in the next patch.
    0Send private message
    9 years ago
    Aug 1, 2015, 7:07:20 PM
    Thank you for your participation and your encouragement.

BPrado wrote:
    I agree the bonus can get pretty high, but it´s very situational and there are several Trade-Offs involved. There could be perhaps a simple cap to the maximum cost reduction a city can get, so that even if the opportunity presents itself, it´s sometimes simply not reasonable to go for more building reduction cost instead of something else.

The idea of maximal cap is good, but it is and artificial limit. I prefer the idea to transform the -% cost in +% prod, because players are always encouraged to have more +% bonus, contrary to an hard cap. It is a more elegant solution, I think.

New suggestion added (from multiplayer game observation, as always) :

- Forbid the selling of units when they are not in friendly territory : Today you can sell any unit in the marketplace even if they are in ennemy region. It is illogical, your unit cannot move to your far market, avoid the ennemies, so fast. And it can be exploited. Units, as any market ressources, should be next to marketplace to be solved. It can be exploited : you can fight an ennemy army then, after the fight, you can solve all the units to "save" their valor, although they should have been destroyed. You can too use units to explore the wilderness regions, then sell the unit when she is near death after have retreated.

Suggestion : You need to by in friendly territory (your territory or a faction with which you have a peace treaty) to sell any unit (same thing as the retrofit availability).

0Send private message
    9 years ago
    Dec 24, 2014, 11:54:03 AM
    Topic updated the 28th January 2016. The suggestions include all expansions (Guardians and Shadows).

From this stade, I cannot update this first post because I cannot add more than 50 000 characteers. So sadly new propositions will mainly be putted in new post and cannot been too added in this first post. This effect begins with the post number 24.

Hello.

- The aim of this topic is to help the devs to have a feedback and a clear view of the Endless Legend (including all the DLC and expansions) mains gameplay problems, and best suggestions made by players to solve these problems.

- Some of the suggestions about these problems have been made by me, some others have been made by others players using the forum.

- I love Endless Legend, I would like to see more people play to this game, and I would like a more fun and balanced multiplayer. As I prefer the multiplayer over the soloplayer, the problems I will report in this topic will be more about multiplayer and balance, than A.I problems.

1. Multiplayer problems

- Information : I only play on a fast game speed, and most of multiplayers prefer this speed.

- Ultra-fast combat animation : 75% of time in multiplayer is wasted on waiting during the combats of the players, even with the option very fast animation selected. In Civ, you wait for in the turns and that is long. But in Endless Legend, you wait too for the combat because of the animations. It is the main source of annoyance and frustration. I think that some 4X players don't play the game due to this problem.

Suggestion : Create one or two new options of speed animation, a kind of instantaneous speed would be very very appreciated, with ultra-fast animation and movement. To transform the multiplayer into a paraside. Any combat informations (as damages inflicted etc.) should be writted in a box information, to understand what happenned in the combat without the necessity to see it slowly, by animations informations. Here it is a link in french to reclaim it ! : Link. Super top priority problem.

- Teamers : Create a cooperative way of playing, to play the game as teamers, in permanent alliance (3v3 for example). A lot of people complained and asked this. It is one of the most important priority because there are some players who quitted the game due to this lack. Super top priority problem.

- Protect the non-quitter players from the quitters players : Quitters players (those who leave the game at any time, without saying why, and then ruining the game) are an annoying problem in Endless Legend.

- Improve the multiplayer lobby : Game name can be set to the same thing each game, a tchat, heard a sound when your game is full, and few small improvements like that would make the lobby a really more interesting place.

Suggestion : Here are few interesting suggestions to flag them and protect a bit the others players : Link.

- Stop the auto-destruction : It is possible to auto destroy your cities with the Salt the land city choice. This can be abused in multiplayer when a raging loosing player entirely destroy his cities, to "punish" an invading players to succed his conquest. It is unfair and unjust in the evolution of the game, because the invading player have invested some prouction and dust into his armies. Moreover, it's totally unlogical that the leader of an empire could decide to entirely eliminate his people and cities, it should not been under his control.

Suggestion : Make it impossible to auto-destroy a city (unless you are Roving Clans and have their special Beattle). It's not realist too that you can build a city, wipe out your population then salt the land, all this in one turn only, and obtain your settler just after this act of devastation !

The Roving Clans are in a special situation and should follow a special solution like that : Roving Clans can transform all his cities into "beatle", except one city : the capital (or the last city available). The beatles can move anywhere like today, but if the capital is tooked during their movement, all the beatle should auto plant their cities in the closest neutral regions, even if it may be considered as non logical. This idea, is to prevent the auto destruction ragging tactic.

- Stop the auto-destruction 2 : Today, any player who control a city, can entirely destroy his own buildings. Moreover, if he is necrophages and have the sacrifice to the Gods feature, he may entirely wipe out his population point. To avoid the same kind of ragging punishers players who exploit these features in multiplayer, it would good to make cease these possibilities.

Suggestion : Make it unpossible to raze a building. If a building is razed, it may occurs automaticely if there is not enough dust in the empire, but that is all. A necrophage player cannot sacrifice more than one population point, until the happiness bonus has expired. The useless

- Make assimilation of enemy city longer : A conquered city give too quick his entire bonus of production/science etc. The conquest fruits should not be as quick and easy.

Suggestion : The assimilation should be redesigned, this concept is not adapted to a multi racial world, how a vaulters population could assimilate to a necrophage horde ? But, if by simplicity this system is kept, it should be much slower, at least twice more slower to have a 100 % functionnal assimilated city.

Or maybe, keeping the same time of assimilation, but reducing the population to one point (to simulate the fleeing or extermination of the population, and reduce the interest of a conquest).

We could too imagine that these flyings population could increase the population points of the closest city (some refugies). This would have another advantage : giving more interest to the growth building and technologies (today, when a city has grown, it's not interesting to invest more in growing science or builings). Top priority problem.

- Specify the settings of the timer in multiplayer : When you hover the mouse, showing all the features of the timer (including duration for turns and fights). From Rustam. Link.

- Multiplayer neutral server to facilitate the multiplaying : Today, when the host player leave, the game crash and need to be reuploaded by another person. It is a problematic functionnement.

- Chat box in multiplayer lobby : From Amazigh. Link.

- Ladder/rank system : To evaluate the level of each player. It really help to set a game with the right level of players. I think that boosting competition could increase the multiplayer activity and attract players from the 4X's ecosystem.

- The option to remove technology trade : A.I can be extorqued easily in multiplayer. Even without this possibility, forbiddin any technology trade would be essential, to avoid shadow team in multiplayer, or for any persons who want it.

Suggestion : Add a game option to remove technology trade from game.

- Closing the opportunity to join a civ in the game if you are not the player who played it before : One of the most annoying problem in multipayer, it's when unknown players join an advanced game, take place of a guy which leaved, or which is just absent for a deconnexion. Which is annoying it's all the players need to wait a long moment, when this person is downloading the map.

There is no possibility to kick him, no possibility to prevent him from joining a game where you don't want him.

Suggestion : Create a technical solution to solve this problem. Maybe a pop-up which ask the host if he wants to accept or kick a player who wants to join.

2. Comfort when playing

- Auto-launch units when garrison is full : Auto-launch units in a new army when garrison is full. If not, it's time consuming and often stop units production when garrison is full.

- UI feedback customizablity : More feedback choice would be great. For exemple, Start/End of building a settler (in specific, not as a part of the big building sum up). Or

Enemy forces entering your territory in X region. From Rymdkejsaren. Link.

- Improve UI : pathfinding and battle board overlay : Brillant idea from an annoying problem. From Abmpicoli. Link. Improve UI: pathfinding and battle board overlay.

- Ideas to increase the interface comfort 1 : From Wallish. Link.

- Ideas to increase the interface comfort 2 : From Vicarious. Link. Best ideas are underlined.

Can we expect you guys to implement any of the following changes/options into the game in the near future?

a way to get rid of unwanted settlers other than exiling them to enemy regions

minimal number of military power required to lay siege to a city determined by the city's defenseretreat

waiting periods triggered by some diplomatic actions or any other changes that prevent players with huge Influence income from declaring war on a weaker AI faction next turn after agreeing on truce with that faction in exchange for a bunch of its resources or technologies

"Auto-upgrade units in queue" option

possibility to set the interval between autosaves manually

possibility to remove an unfinished building or unit from the build queue without losing the progress

- Automation into the update of the units : And saving of template of units design, for others uses into new games. From Savage. Link.

- Map highlight mode : Great idea with excellent screen exemples. It would largely increase the comfort of playing. From Abmpicoli. Link.

- Queue stuff even without pre-requisites met & Global queue : Elegant and simple idea from this ingenious guy. From Abmpicoli. Link.

- Facilitating work with a large queue of research. An obvious need. From Rustam. Link.

- Save game should have unit/city focus, window and notifications persisted : Excellent idea. From Abmpicoli. Link.

- Increase the character limit for army name : From SentientDawn. Link.

- Ability to calculate the needed influence for a desired empire plan : It would be nice if there was a way to see in game (perhaps in the simulate screen) how many points you will need to have to pick whatever configuration of empire plans you have or wish to have. From Northwoods. Link.

- Notifications when new heroes appear in the mercenary market : Often, I check each turn the mercenary market to see if one ore more new hero appeared. It is annoying. Notification would be so simplier.

- Make the cliff easier to distingue : Cliffs can sometimes be hard to see. It is annoying and frustrating. They should be seen in all situations. From Arqane. Link.

- Gray-out city boundaries, focus on region : From Abmpicoli. Link.

- Center on city, center on unit : It miss a hot key or a hotspot for actually center at the unit or city. From Abmpicoli. Link.

- The stockpile annoyance : You can only use stockpiles one by one, which is pretty annoying when you got some of them, when you are Cultist and have razed a city for exemple. There should be an option in a pop up to inject all stockpiles in the same city.

- Better mod support : Mods and moders are importants for the long term of a game, for his frequentation, and for the reputation of his game studio.

- Improved tutorial : Some begineers complain about not understanding the mechanics of the game. New players are very importants for Amplitude, because they are a large group, but instable, they can quit the game at any moment. That is why it would be very important to improve the tutorial to explain any aspect of the game (district level, road commerce, mora, high ground etc.). Top priority problem.

- Improved wiki : The current wiki is not up to date and not clear to use. It is up to the passionned players to work on it. But it would be great if the devs could do that the wiki would include automatiquely up to date data from the game. As any units statictics, cost of buildings. Anything possible. Top priority problem.

- Inform the player when he select Salting the Earth : By accident, it is possible
    0Send private message
    9 years ago
    Jul 30, 2015, 8:26:18 AM
    News suggestions added :

3. Gameplay improvements

- Change the -% building cost to +% production output : A bonus of -90 % cost means a gigantic increase of the production speed (maybe +900 %). A bonus of +90 % production speed mean just a +90%. In the game, there are too much -% building cost accessible (from hero, from minor factions etc.), and that is possible to excess the -50 % cost, and go even to the -100 % cost, which means instant build of any buildings and wonders. You can see the problem showed here : Link. Here are a simple suggestion proposed : Link. and the proposition more explained here : Link. (See the Abmpicoli part).

6. Main exploits or annoying bugs

- Slavery exploit of converted villages in the cultist : Currently, a governor with slavery (or custom trait Cull the herd) exploit the owned pacified village (logical) but too the converted villages. It gives them a gigantic bonus into production or food. It is totally overpowered. The converted villages should not be able to been used by Slavery or Cull the Herd.

7. Balance of factions

- Nerf the effects of wonders in the cultist capital : For the cultists, any wonder which boost one city, boost all their empire, because their capital include all the yields from the converted villages. The wonders which boost a city are designed in balance to boost only one city, not a whole empire.

Suggestion : Any wonder which augment the city output should not augment the converted villages bonus, but only the city output. Link (see the Wingzero890 part).

8. Balance of units

- Buff the shamans : Shamans are weaks, quite an useless units. They could be changed as described here (ignore the proliferators, which is decent now) : Link.

- Nerf the super fast & flying units : Overfast units on the land map tend to make the game too offensive, not enough easy to defend. It's a huge balance problem in multiplayer. Any fast unit should not be able to reach an enemy city from an allied city in less than 3 turns I think. Speed equipment increase too much this superspeed.

That is why I think the maximal speed for units should be a hard limit of 6, not more. So it would be good to prevent any unit to access more than 6 speed per turn (even with a general skill which increase the speed).

- Buff the privateers by letting them reinforce the others armies : From BPrado :

About Privateers :

When you turn Mercenaries into Privateers, you can´t reinforce battles of that army. You can have 20 privateer armies, and they will all have to fight one at a time. A restriction makes sense, because they cost Dust and not Industry. But a complete restriction renders them close to useless.

What I suggest is that when you engage in battle with a Privateer army, the battle window gives you a Checkbox option on all other Privateers in reinforcement range, which tells you how much it would cost to get that army to reinforce the battle. The cost should be steep, because allowing a reinforcement can be as good as getting an entire new army (because you could have lost an entire army otherwise). Late game Roving Clans and Broken Lords wouldn´t mind probably.
    0Send private message
    9 years ago
    Jul 28, 2015, 4:36:21 PM
    I updated the first message to include the best news suggestions from the past months. Feel free to critic the suggestions.

I wish this topic may help the devs.

Here are the new suggestions (the ancients, in the first message, have still a valor I think) :

1. Multiplayer problems

- Specify the settings of the timer in multiplayer : When you hover the mouse, showing all the features of the timer (including duration for turns and fights). From Rustam. Link.

- Multiplayer neutral server to facilitate the multiplaying : Today, when the host player leave, the game crash and need to be reuploaded by another person. It is a problematic functionnement.

- Chat box in multiplayer lobby : From Amazigh. Link.

- Ladder/rank system : To evaluate the level of each player. It really help to set a game with the right level of players. I think that boosting competition could increase the multiplayer activity and attract players from the Civilization's ecosystem.

2. Comfort when playing

- UI feedback customizablity : More feedback choice would be great. For exemple, Start/End of building a settler (in specific, not as a part of the big building sum up). Or

Enemy forces entering your territory in X region. From Rymdkejsaren. Link.

- Improve UI : pathfinding and battle board overlay : Brillant idea from an annoying problem. From Abmpicoli. Link. Improve UI: pathfinding and battle board overlay.

- Ideas to increase the interface comfort 1 : From Wallish. Link.

- Ideas to increase the interface comfort 2 : From Vicarious. Link. Best ideas are underlined.

Can we expect you guys to implement any of the following changes/options into the game in the near future?

a way to get rid of unwanted settlers other than exiling them to enemy regions

minimal number of military power required to lay siege to a city determined by the city's defenseretreat

waiting periods triggered by some diplomatic actions or any other changes that prevent players with huge Influence income from declaring war on a weaker AI faction next turn after agreeing on truce with that faction in exchange for a bunch of its resources or technologies

"Auto-upgrade units in queue" option

possibility to set the interval between autosaves manually

possibility to remove an unfinished building or unit from the build queue without losing the progress

- Automation into the update of the units : And saving of template of units design, for others uses into new games. From savage. Link.

- Map highlight mode : Great idea with excellent screen exemples. It would largely increase the comfort of playing. From Abmpicoli. Link.

- Queue stuff even without pre-requisites met & Global queue : Elegant and simple idea from this ingenious guy. From Abmpicoli. Link.

- Facilitating work with a large queue of research. An obvious need. From Rustam. Link.

- Save game should have unit/city focus, window and notifications persisted : Excellent idea. From Abmpicoli. Link.

- Increase the character limit for army name : From SentientDawn. Link.

- Notifications when new heroes appear in the mercenary market : Often, I check each turn the mercenary market to see if one ore more new hero appeared. It is annoying. Notification would be so simplier.

- Create variants of winter (as game-options or for playing post-victory) : An important number of players dislike the winter and season feature. They dislike the fact the winter become more and more persistant with the time. There should be options to entirely modify the winter and the season functionnement (winter more sweet, or more hard. Increase the duration of winter, or not). From WMSkyfall. Link.

- Make the cliff easier to distingue : Cliffs can sometimes be hard to see. It is annoying and frustrating. They should be seen in all situations. From Arqane. Link.

- Gray-out city boundaries, focus on region : From Abmpicoli. Link.

- Center on city, center on unit : It miss a hot key or a hotspot for actually center at the unit or city. From Abmpicoli. Link.

3. Combats improvements

- Proliferators : issues with the Targeting AI of supports : Proliferators under A.I control tend to actas supporting units and not as ranger units. This is a problem because very often, the proliferators don't create battle-born in battle, due to this focus on supporting friendly units.

Suggestions : Give to the proliferators a ranged unit A.I, but let them classified as supporting units (to avoid them been exposed to Ranger Slayer promotions). From Ladygolem. Link.

- Ability to compare item stats : It could help to compare the effects of the items without equipingthem, but just by a visual comparaison. From Disbroc. Link.

- Ability to calculate the needed influence for a desired empire plan : It would be nice if there was a way to see in game (perhaps in the simulate screen) how many points per turn you would need to earn to pick whatever configuration of empire plans you have or wish to have. From Northwoods. Link.

4. New ideas (Not a priority)

- Changing the current population growth mechanisms : Rokdog demonstrates by mathematics proves that the current growth system is exponential and tend to do that it is useless to grow taller than 10-12 population. Link. It is an important problem of missconfiguration of the growth system. Ideas of tweaks to do to change this corrupted logarithmic population progression here : Link. From Rokdog.

- Letting few civs to build new forms of functionnal districts cit than the famous "triangle" : Today, due to the nature of the hexagone and the way of gaining the level 2 district, only the triangle district is viable as form of city. It is quite boring, players would have more fun with new available efficiants forms.

Suggestion : Ardent mages should be stimulate to build districts city with holes, to places their pillars. If pillars could affect twice the circle land effect than now, it could encourage it.

Necrophages should build infinite district form, without esthetic research, and without disapproval cost (their city are a gigantic roach warren). Or maybe, a big form of district of a size of 12, specific to them.

Wild Walkers should build circle district, to "protect" the nature inside the circle, and have big boost of influence or dust, by doing that (to encourage the circle building, despite the lost of approval).

Etc.

- Ideas for gameplay enhancements especially buildings : From Lemmy. Link.

- Special map features : Regions could have new features which are interesting. Exemples : "Ancient Magical Forge": as long as you control this territory, this building allows you to create tiers 3 weapons/armours even if the technology is locked. "Old Laboratory": Increase by 10 the science production for each population on this territory. From Ayalin. Link.

- Ideas to renforce the defensive ways over the offensive : A critic of the lack of defense superiority in the game, and suggestions to fix it. From BPrado. Link.

- Revolts and uprisings : *or* : how to make the warmonger's life more difficult : Interesting idea to nerf the snowball effect of conquest. From Abmpicoli. Link.

5. Main exploits or annoying bugs

- Free districts and free extractors with the Roving Clancs :Link. Can obtain by exploit some free districts, and free extractors.

- The impassable ruins : Ruins block army to attack a city. It can be exploited to give a permanent protection from siege.

Suggestion : Give the possibility for ambitious attack. Or stop the ruins from blocking the siege possibility. From Lemmy. Link.

- Fix settler production to remove tedius micro-management : Currently, when producing a settler, the game automatically adds a negative modifier to your food income equal to your current surplus (such that your surplus always becomes 0). Just use the Civilization solution of adding surplus food into production, or have all farmers automatically change to production whenever a settler is being produced, and then back when it's done. From Bridger. Link.

6. Balance of factions

- Buff the Demanding Gods necrophages technology : This tech only give +30 happiness. The sewer system, at level 1, already give +20 happiness, for a minimal cost. And there are others tech than Demanding Gods which give interesting bonus.

So, in my opinion, it would be better if this tech could give a bonus related to the faction lore. This bonus could be a +30 happiness, plus the pure removing of the district expansion disapproval. To reflect the fact that the necrophages are swarming, they don't build "triangle" district form. With this bonus, it could allow the necrophages to build district city of any form, but this bonus would not be too powerfull, I think.

- A discussion with suggestions about balance (I don't recommand to read it) : From Natev. Link.

7. Balance of units
    0Send private message
    9 years ago
    Feb 14, 2015, 9:10:19 AM
    SpanishMatlock wrote:
    A lot of your comments about combat make me think that you're not fielding a very strong military, and leave a lot of your assets unprotected, seeking to just take them back later instead of protecting them now.

As a cultist player, I'm quite against taking away their ability to auto-destroy cities.

- You don't understand what I propose. I don't propose to nerf the capacity of Cultist to raze a conquered city, I only propose to nerf the capacity for one player to auto-raze his OWN city by the Interface Button, inside the city production tab.

- And in the same idea, I propose to stop players from destroying their own building, to prevent the ennemy to take his city. In my view, a conquered city should by nature, by a right configured mechanism, be weakened temporary when the ennemy take it. So it should not be possible to intentionnaly destroy the buildings before he took it (and reducing the city to an empty stone-age city...).
    0Send private message
    ?

Click here to login

Comment
    0Send private message